**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Seriously Kabam, this needs to change!

WillieBWillieB Posts: 150 ★★
edited October 2020 in Suggestions and Requests

Give us 6* shards, a max sig crystal, a reroll or something! This is the third time I’ve pulled CG after taking him to sig 200. It takes way too long to get 6* shards to be given a big fat nothing burger like this.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    That would be very frustrating .
  • WillieBWillieB Posts: 150 ★★
    edited October 2020
    Niceeee said:

If you have a maxed out 6* then you probably open a lot of 6* crystals every month.
    The extra 275 6* shards that you want to get will be insignificant for you

Wrong, I bought a lot of sig stone deals to get him to sig 200. I duped him a year after pulling him, then after taking him to sig 200 with purchased sig stones last Cyber Weekend, I've pulled him three more times!
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    You know it's a possibility. If you max sig a 6* it can and most likely will happen. It's not rng, it's rigged.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Niceeee said:

If you have a maxed out 6* then you probably open a lot of 6* crystals every month.

Such backwards thinking my man
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    I have never understood why duping a 6s champ does not reward you more 6s shards.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Ouch man. That’s a legit gripe, I hope they look at this.
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    Niceeee said:

Don't just randomly assume things and don't try decide what is insignificant for someone else. Also, that is just beside the point.
    And for the guys like Niceeee, if we don't get 7*s, it will eventually happen to everyone, unless they change this. Everyone should get behind the movement to change how this works.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

I have never understood why duping a 6s champ does not reward you more 6s shards.

Duping any rarity awards shards for the next higher rarity. But only if it exists. 4* champs didn't award 5* shards until 5* shards existed, and ditto 5* dups and 6* champs. 6* champs will start awarding shards for 7* champs or whatever comes next only when that rarity exists. Until it does, they don't. And the reason why is basically so players who hit the progression cap on rank ups can't bank progression into the next tier before it even starts. And the reason why they don't award more resources in the same progression tier instead is because that would then accelerate progression as players hit the progression limit on champs, which is the exact opposite of what you want the game to do. Games are designed so that as players start to bump into the ceiling they slow down, if you allow them to speed up instead you end up with serious content balancing and progression ladder problems.

The max sig crystal is a special case. Its maybe possible for 6* champs to award a max sig crystal when they reach max sig that contained some special balanced reward package, but it couldn't be what that max sig crystal will eventually be when the next progression tier arrives, because of course a current 6* max sig crystal cannot contain the next tier rewards that belong in that crystal yet. And Kabam probably doesn't want to make a special case crystal today that will have to be changed eventually, with all the problems that creates with regard to things like crystal hoarding and whatnot. So while it is possible without disrupting the game economies, it is probably also not worth doing for the limited benefit that only a very limited number of players will get from it, that by their very nature don't need a lot of help with resource accumulation.

The short answer is, in progresional games if you're one of those players that can reach the end faster than everyone else, the game will make you wait for everyone else to catch up. It won't in general let you bank a head start on the future, and it won't go out of its way to help you exhaust the limited amount of progression you have left even faster.

This isn’t the first time this has happened to me either
    DNA3000 said:

Duping any rarity awards shards for the next higher rarity. But only if it exists. 4* champs didn't award 5* shards until 5* shards existed, and ditto 5* dups and 6* champs. 6* champs will start awarding shards for 7* champs or whatever comes next only when that rarity exists. Until it does, they don't. And the reason why is basically so players who hit the progression cap on rank ups can't bank progression into the next tier before it even starts. And the reason why they don't award more resources in the same progression tier instead is because that would then accelerate progression as players hit the progression limit on champs, which is the exact opposite of what you want the game to do. Games are designed so that as players start to bump into the ceiling they slow down, if you allow them to speed up instead you end up with serious content balancing and progression ladder problems.

The max sig crystal is a special case. Its maybe possible for 6* champs to award a max sig crystal when they reach max sig that contained some special balanced reward package, but it couldn't be what that max sig crystal will eventually be when the next progression tier arrives, because of course a current 6* max sig crystal cannot contain the next tier rewards that belong in that crystal yet. And Kabam probably doesn't want to make a special case crystal today that will have to be changed eventually, with all the problems that creates with regard to things like crystal hoarding and whatnot. So while it is possible without disrupting the game economies, it is probably also not worth doing for the limited benefit that only a very limited number of players will get from it, that by their very nature don't need a lot of help with resource accumulation.

The short answer is, in progresional games if you're one of those players that can reach the end faster than everyone else, the game will make you wait for everyone else to catch up. It won't in general let you bank a head start on the future, and it won't go out of its way to help you exhaust the limited amount of progression you have left even faster.
    I get your point but this isn't exactly true, there were 6* shards before there were 6* champions.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Just pretend it was a champion who’s signature ability is also useless to you. Maybe that’s Angela, CW, or CG to you since they all gain very little from signature ability levels. 😉
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    #firstworldproblems
  • NiceeeeNiceeee Posts: 125 ★★

Niceeee said:

Translated:

“I haven’t got a max sig 6* and I’m jealous, so I’m enjoying your misery.”
    Why the hell should I be jealous about a video game? I couldn't care less

It looks that someone is salty cause he pulled Aegon 2 more times after taking him to max sig and wants this change to happen.
    (https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/227882/duping-maxed-6-champs-feels-bad#latest)

I'm not gonna lie. I hope you pull him 10 more times cause of your inaccurate (and one of the most stupid) guesses

Niceeee said:

Don't just randomly assume things and don't try decide what is insignificant for someone else. Also, that is just beside the point.
    If he has bought so many sig stone deals it's safe to assume that he opens plenty of 6* crystals every month.
    And logic says that if someone gets 40K 6* shards every month, 275* are insignificant. 275 6* shards are about 0.68% of the 6* shards that he gets every month. Do some maths, it's not that hard
    Ok, let's do some math. Where did you get that 40k figure? Now don't say your a$$, or the sky.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Niceeee said:

Niceeee said:

If he has bought so many sig stone deals it's safe to assume that he opens plenty of 6* crystals every month.
    And logic says that if someone gets 40K 6* shards every month, 275* are insignificant. 275 6* shards are about 0.68% of the 6* shards that he gets every month. Do some maths, it's not that hard
    Someone order some math?

First of all, there's no reason to compare 40k shards and 275 shards, because what's the point to that? The logical comparison is 275 shards compared to the 10k it takes to open one crystal. And that is about one 36th of a crystal.

I've done this math before tons of times when it comes to normal champion duplication, like when you dup 5* champs. Initially, when you don't have any 5* champs, the odds are that most pulls will be new champs which generate no shards. But as your roster starts to fill up, most pulls generate shards from duplication, so every pull on average starts to generate more and more 6* shards. And when your 5* roster starts to max sig, they also start to generate max sig crystals which generate more shards most of the time.

So when we calculate how many 6* shards you get from 5* crystals, that number starts at zero per crystal and grows upward towards 275 per crystal and eventually even 550 per crystal, approximately. The number of 6* champs you get from opening 5* crystals increases from zero to one every 36 openings to eventually one every 18 openings.

If those shards were generated by 6* champion duplication the extra 6* champs you'd be getting would be some number between zero and one every 18 openings or so depending on roster development. Or to put it another way, 6* shards would have some intrinsic bonus of between zero and 5.5%.

Importantly, it is an accelerating benefit: the more 6* crystals you open, the higher the benefit is. Which makes sense in general: players are being rewarded for having more developed rosters by making it slightly easier to continue to develop those rosters upward. But this is not something that makes sense to add to the game for the players that are exhausting the highest champion rarity, because there isn't anything higher for them to be helped towards developing. Instead, this is just exhausting the limited progression that exists for them in the game even faster, and accelerating towards the point in time where they have nothing left to develop and start complaining the game's too slow to add more stuff at the top.
    edited October 2020
    DNA3000 said:

Niceeee said:

Niceeee said:

Someone order some math?

First of all, there's no reason to compare 40k shards and 275 shards, because what's the point to that? The logical comparison is 275 shards compared to the 10k it takes to open one crystal. And that is about one 36th of a crystal.

I've done this math before tons of times when it comes to normal champion duplication, like when you dup 5* champs. Initially, when you don't have any 5* champs, the odds are that most pulls will be new champs which generate no shards. But as your roster starts to fill up, most pulls generate shards from duplication, so every pull on average starts to generate more and more 6* shards. And when your 5* roster starts to max sig, they also start to generate max sig crystals which generate more shards most of the time.

So when we calculate how many 6* shards you get from 5* crystals, that number starts at zero per crystal and grows upward towards 275 per crystal and eventually even 550 per crystal, approximately. The number of 6* champs you get from opening 5* crystals increases from zero to one every 36 openings to eventually one every 18 openings.

If those shards were generated by 6* champion duplication the extra 6* champs you'd be getting would be some number between zero and one every 18 openings or so depending on roster development. Or to put it another way, 6* shards would have some intrinsic bonus of between zero and 5.5%.

Importantly, it is an accelerating benefit: the more 6* crystals you open, the higher the benefit is. Which makes sense in general: players are being rewarded for having more developed rosters by making it slightly easier to continue to develop those rosters upward. But this is not something that makes sense to add to the game for the players that are exhausting the highest champion rarity, because there isn't anything higher for them to be helped towards developing. Instead, this is just exhausting the limited progression that exists for them in the game even faster, and accelerating towards the point in time where they have nothing left to develop and start complaining the game's too slow to add more stuff at the top.
    I would agree with all this, if this was or was close to a natural dupe to sig 200. I spent cold, hard cash to get this particular champion to sig 200. I have a few trash champs at sig 60, but that's it. I don't have multiple champions at sig 140-160. My point is I'm not further into the game than 25% or so I guess. I don't think there should be a punishment for spending money to get a champion to sig 200 is my point. If my champions were all naturally getting there, yes, I would be way ahead of most players and shouldn't expect them to make exceptions.
    So let me get this straight, you think I should only receive gold and iso from my 10k shards in this situation?
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
    @WillieB quick question, why did you take Corvus to max sig? Was it a prestige reason or something? It’s just I’ve heard using sigs on him is kind of a waste bc he’s amazing at sig 1. No hate or anything just curious.
    Yes, I took him up to sig 200 last Cyber Weekend. He was duped and rank 2, so I had a super high prestige before the rank 3's came around.
    DNA3000 said:

Niceeee said:

Niceeee said:

Someone order some math?

Now I know that I should NEVER challenge you in math

I compared 40K shards to 275, cause the OP must get at least 40K 6* shards every month. It's safe to assume this, because he bought a lot of sig stone deals, and he probably is in a top tier alliance. And also it's safe to assume that he has 90%+ of the 5* champions if he is in a top tier alliance

WillieB said:

DNA3000 said:

Niceeee said:

Niceeee said:

Someone order some math?

So let me get this straight, you think I should only receive gold and iso from my 10k shards in this situation?
    Oh, yeah!