**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Reasoning behind Gambit nerf?

Comments

• AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    WRIR said:

Lame move guys, he’s still decent, but really lame move.

Saiyan said:

I have a unique issue with the Gambit buff that I find very odd. It's that his damage is no better or even worse than it was pre buff.

This is from a video by Swedeah L where this part showed his raw damage with no boost or synergies and get last year he was doing about 95k damage.

Explain to me how is 180% prowess (sig 40) doing more damage than 300% prowess at any sig?

Even if there are synergies and boost we arent seeing. I've still seen Youtube videos from today of Horseman Gambit doing less or the same damage which didn't exist a year ago.

Yes he's better overall but how is his damage worse or the same now?

Max suicides, max everything I believe. Max suicides give 30% extra attcl and 60% extra special damage. Im sure gambit now max suicides will do more damagr.
    There's no poison on the pic and having 98% after bleed expiring even with only 1 point in suicides is not likely. With 3 points - not a chance
  • HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,366 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    Here's my own testing

6* Rank 1 Sig 20 Gambit
    Some synergies to boost atk rating and special damage
    Full points in Liquid Courage and Double Edge
    One point each in Assassin and Recoil

Edit: not totally sure how these compare to pre-buff numbers
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    Saiyan said:

WRIR said:

Lame move guys, he’s still decent, but really lame move.

Saiyan said:

I have a unique issue with the Gambit buff that I find very odd. It's that his damage is no better or even worse than it was pre buff.

This is from a video by Swedeah L where this part showed his raw damage with no boost or synergies and get last year he was doing about 95k damage.

Explain to me how is 180% prowess (sig 40) doing more damage than 300% prowess at any sig?

Even if there are synergies and boost we arent seeing. I've still seen Youtube videos from today of Horseman Gambit doing less or the same damage which didn't exist a year ago.

Max suicides, max everything I believe. Max suicides give 30% extra attcl and 60% extra special damage. Im sure gambit now max suicides will do more damagr.
    Incorrect, this pic above is just Gambit. The pic blow has all you said. Even so. Look at the damage a YEAR ago and look at Seatins video from today with White Mags, Apocalypse and Prof X om his team as a R2 SIX star sig 200 Gambit compared to below with sig 40 and some boost.

Why is last year's Gambit able to keep up with these new synergies and sig 200 and 300% prowess?

Maybe boosts? I dunno. I doubt its a bug though. Because isn't them fixing a bug WHY they nerfed Gambit in the first place?
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Saiyan said:

Hieitaku said:

Here's my own testing

6* Rank 1 Sig 20 Gambit

Pretty decent stuff but it's still off putting to me.

Also on another note I've realised the more I think about it that Havok is a better version of Gambit overall with only two exceptions being Bleed resist and stun abilities.

Prowess is better on Havok, you can get 100% reliable damage from Havok and more so than Gambit (SP3 damage is guaranteed as opposed to Gambit's chance to do big damage on his SP2), both hate armor ups, both don't make contact with the same attacks (Gambit doesn't contact with specials also tho but just use Havoks SP3 anyway), Incinerate immune is more rare and Gambit can lose his bleed resist, Havok gains bleed resist and does better with the extra effects from Apocalypse (tho the perfect block is nice), Havok has actual good synergies, Havok has a more reliable heal block and deals passive damage over time, etc etc.

Prove me wrong.
    Havok is honestly one of the top mutants in the game. I'd place in second, behind Colossus.
  • HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,366 ★★★★★
    Saiyan said:

Hieitaku said:

Here's my own testing

6* Rank 1 Sig 20 Gambit

Pretty decent stuff but it's still off putting to me.

Also on another note I've realised the more I think about it that Havok is a better version of Gambit overall with only two exceptions being Bleed resist and stun abilities.

Prowess is better on Havok, you can get 100% reliable damage from Havok and more so than Gambit (SP3 damage is guaranteed as opposed to Gambit's chance to do big damage on his SP2), both hate armor ups, both don't make contact with the same attacks (Gambit doesn't contact with specials also tho but just use Havoks SP3 anyway), Incinerate immune is more rare and Gambit can lose his bleed resist, Havok gains bleed resist and does better with the extra effects from Apocalypse (tho the perfect block is nice), Havok has actual good synergies, Havok has a more reliable heal block and deals passive damage over time, etc etc.

Prove me wrong.
    I'm honestly not in either camp.

I do believe the thing to appreciate here is that a champ who has mostly been irrelevant can now be used as a substitute, lesser or not, for more mainstream options. Realistically, I wouldn't expect every single buff to be stacked enough to put most of the buff targets in the top tiers.
  • drakeWARLORDdrakeWARLORD Posts: 21
    That sucks
  • avenge_123avenge_123 Posts: 1,307 ★★★
    Why do u buff a champ if u have to again nerf him,if his 40% prowess would have broken the game,what about magneto?,his prowess goes above 100,and he's still not the best,plz increase it to 40%,and there's still no utility with him,what about champs who can resist crit,he's a trash like before for them
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Eternal_1 said:

I hate you kabam for doing this... He doesn't have that much utility either... I rank2 my gambit seeing your spotlight ... I want rank down

Why? Why on earth would you rank a champ without seeing his actual gameplay? The 30% and 40% damage difference is most likely off set by is signature ability.
  • gage201205gage201205 Posts: 568 ★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Eternal_1 said:

I hate you kabam for doing this... He doesn't have that much utility either... I rank2 my gambit seeing your spotlight ... I want rank down

Why? Why on earth would you rank a champ without seeing his actual gameplay? The 30% and 40% damage difference is most likely off set by is signature ability.
    In fairness they shouldn't of put it on their sight if they planned on changing him.. it wasn't like watching a CCP video this came straight from Kabam sight then they switched it last second.

Texas_11 said:

Eternal_1 said:

In fairness they shouldn't of put it on their sight if they planned on changing him.. it wasn't like watching a CCP video this came straight from Kabam sight then they switched it last second.
    The issue is, they will release champ as he is meant to be before he hits the game. The spotlights gets updated sometimes.

More importantly, they caught this bug on their server instead of the live server. I was excited to take him to R3 as well, but I can tell you that his prowess decrease is not the reason why I decided not to. If he felt better to play, I wouldn’t mind.

That SP2 is quite unreliable as well.
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Eternal_1 said:

The issue is, they will release champ as he is meant to be before he hits the game. The spotlights gets updated sometimes.

More importantly, they caught this bug on their server instead of the live server. I was excited to take him to R3 as well, but I can tell you that his prowess decrease is not the reason why I decided not to. If he felt better to play, I wouldn’t mind.

That SP2 is quite unreliable as well.
    Disagree all you want, I’m not the one who ranked up a champ without seeing live gameplay. You made a poor decision even if he had the 40% instead of 30%.
  • TheMaskTheMask Posts: 104
    So is no one from kabam, even gonna address our messages regarding the nerf? and what we have been asking on..
    Classic ... @Kabam Miike
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    https://youtu.be/oVS1casypTc

Just going to drop this here.

You know. Because Gambit is now useless with his damage now that he's been tuned a little.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

ItsDamien said:

You know. Because Gambit is now useless with his damage now that he's been tuned a little.

A R3 6* with suicides and synergies does it in 67 hits. More if it doesn't crit.

My 4* Nick with synergies and no suicides does it in than 100 hits.

Not saying Gambit is bad but just the champion disparity
    That's not a R3.
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Lol, 20K gambit with even class advantage. Where my 12K ghost can kill ws more faster less hit without even class advantages and suicide.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Saiyan said:

They could've changed the base damage of his specials to be a little bit lower now because of the larger increases in prowess.