**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cosmic class R5 choices: What would you do?

Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,780 ★★★★★
Let's say that you already have the Cosmic Top-3 (Hyperion, Corvus, CMM) at R5. And you have to choose between the 2 champs below for your 4th one. What would you choose? Let's just say that the targeted content is Act 6 exploration. Feel free to discuss.

Cosmic class R5 choices: What would you do? 39 votes

Venom (Sig 20)
92% 36 votes
Vision Aarkus (sig 1)
7% 3 votes

Comments

• GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    I would go venom you already have him awakened so thats good
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,780 ★★★★★
    Interesting poll result so far.
    Monke said:

Damage output and better utility

• AquaflashAquaflash Posts: 47
    I think this is closer than the pole shows. Aarkus is underrated as an attacker, and he’s a solid defender. Venom is a beast though! Can’t go wrong either way, imo.
    Aquaflash said:

I think this is closer than the pole shows. Aarkus is underrated as an attacker, and he’s a solid defender. Venom is a beast though! Can’t go wrong either way, imo.

I like your comment and I agree.

Having both and having tried both, I was personally surprised to find that Aarkus out-damages Venom, the longer the fight is. For shorter / burst fights, a duped Venom is faster in inflicting damage. Just putting this out there.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Don’t think I’ve used venom yet in act 6 and am about 50% explored. I’ve got hype and Corvus @ r5 as main cosmics though. Maybe I’ll need him at some point but on that basis he’s still r4. Variants are already done but he was quite useful in 2 and 5.

Personally I’d be looking at vision as he offers something different but with all of these questions it depends on the rest of your roster beyond knowing just a couple of champs.
    Actually, that was the whole point of this poll. People seem to think with a certainty that Venom is MUCH / CLEARLY better champ than Aarkus and in my opinion they are at least equal in both terms of damage and utility.

Venom bleeds them - Aarkus freezes them
    Venom counters all spiders - Aarkus counters all evaders (including spiders) , also demolishes robots
    Both can be used for Buffed up - Both can be used for Diss Track (Aarkus does this clearly better)
    Venom has TS at the last 18% - Aarkus armor breaks them
    Venom counters IMIW - Havok (if he's lucky) - Aarkus counters Emma and others
    Venom has nullify of his SP1 - Aarkus has crazy power-gain
    Both have power drain resistance
    Venom is much more useful for 2 Variants (this is a huge factor btw).

Yet, the poll is clearly one-sided.

Oh, well, the choice of doing both eventually is on the table.

For what it's worth, I like BOTH much more than Medusa. :D