**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

My unpopular thoughts and opinions on iHulk

magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
From what little I've seen of immortal hulk you have to pace yourself and know when u can burst the opponent down in one rotation before u end up killing yourself because immortality was on cooldown and you're on 1hp and cant afford to take a single blocked hit. He's very similar to Corvus in that regard. Knowing whether you can or cannot do certian actions will come with experience playing the champion.

You can minimise the danger and impacticality of his playstyle by doing two things. 1) Utilise the sp3 when immortality is on cooldown and 2) Go for the medium ending combo only when you're below, I'd say, 5 rage stacks or you know the burst rotation will be enough to knock the opponent out. When you are at 5 or more rage stacks it might be better to do a ML combo then back off get a parry do another ML and repeat. This way you'll still do good damage, stay semi aggressive and keep the self inflicted damage to a minimum since it's the second medium that deals that damage.

The best way I can think of to get the most rage stacks in the shortest time possible is: Do full 5 hit combos until you're at about 2.5 bars of power. It doesn't matter if you have any rage already built up or not prior to this point. Then do MM (2 rage stacks), parry, M (3), heavy (6) cancel into sp2 (8). During the sp2 stun do another MM (10), M (11), heavy (22) cancel into sp1 (23). If u get the stun off the sp1 you'll be hitting close to 30k mediums. I'm not sure exactly how much damage you get with this one rotation but I suspect it's around 200-400k which is quite a lot to say the least. By this point you would definitely have triggered immortality. After or during those 8 seconds if you lose your immortality it's not a big deal. You're going to want to want to do what I said in the last paragraph to not be at risk of dying.

Overall, iHulk is all about pacing yourself to get the most out of him - knowing when to go for the huge burst rotation and knowing when to take it slower and stretch the fight out for a bit and use the sp3, like Corvus. The more hp the opponent has the less effective Hulk becomes. We've seen a lot of gameplay in RoL but, again like Corvus, I don't think that's where he's best. He'll rip through opponents that have around 120 - 350k hp i.e. in monthly Cavalier event quest / Act 6. Admittedly he is a bit light on utilty for later act 6 but who needs it when the opponent drops so quickly? I think people are looking his damage output just because he's not as flashy as say a certain Ghost rider who I would argue is even less practical to play. But that is is a story for another day. There are a lot of small ways to improve hulk but this post has been long enough already so I'll end it here.

Comments

• RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,761 ★★★★★
    Don't get me wrong. I'm not turning this into a CGR vs Immortal Hulk debate. I want to see Immortal Hulk compete at the higher echelons of the game. But right now you're defending a fragmented kit and that's not going to help anybody.
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    Rookiie said:

I'm sorry but you have no idea what you're talking about.
    1) With the rotation you explained we're not even sure he wouldn't get to SP3 first before you cancel the heavy.
    2) You're talking as if Cavalier EQ is nodeless. It's not. It's filled with nodes like Diss Track and Buffed Up which he isn't suitable for at all.
    3) How is he more practical than CGR? CGR can stack up buffs & debuffs, and within the first week tore into ROL, LOL and Abyss. I've yet to see Immortal Hulk complete ROL.

1) just save up less power before you throw the sp2
    2) he can still do the tech, skill, science and mystic chapters.
    3) you have to take tones of block damage, very reliant on buffs, debuffs and special attacks, stagnant playstyle - very easy to lose a lot of your damage output under high stress scenarios.
    Like I said ROL, LOL and abyss isn't Hulk's place
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★
    He has the potential to be a good champ, but they need to half the damage done to himself and increase the Rage timer.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★
    Actually, crazy idea. What if they remove the self inflicted damage completely, but keep the rest of his kit with the Rage stacks and make Immortality have a 75 second cool down or even just one use per fight? That just makes him so much better right off the bat.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    Hulk is really one the easiest characters i figured to design ... make him hella strong, give him regen, immunity to poison, amp his resistance up to physical,energy damage even other damage debuffs because he's Hulk .. give him the rage stacks like prowess ... and call it a day. seems as though they should've just kept it simple as opposed to overthinking.
  • MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 548 ★★★
    After HULKi goes immortal take away the damage to himself for the remainder of the fight get rid of the cooldown timer problem solved
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    CGR is the best champ to come out this year. They had to nerf him before he came out and he is still hella good
  • TatteshwarTatteshwar Posts: 199 ★★★

CGR is the best champ to come out this year. They had to nerf him before he came out and he is still hella good

Man is sooo good he's still top 3 cosmic after a nerf, immortal hulk isn't in 10 mile distance of him

Man is sooo good he's still top 3 cosmic after a nerf, immortal hulk isn't in 10 mile distance of him
    Yea my top three Cosmic are Corvus CGR and Hyperion in no order. They are all so good
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★

You are smoking dada juice if you think Immortal Dud..I mean Hulk is in anyway can be compared or be more practical than Cosmic Ghost Rider lol

Saying Immortal Hulk is more practical than CGR is like saying Captain Marvel Classic hits harder than Captain Marvel Movie

Have u read the post or did u just scroll to bottom and read other peoples comments. If u did read my original post you'd know that hulk's impracticalities can be avoided. No need to get so butthurt just because someone disses your favourite champion.

You are smoking dada juice if you think Immortal Dud..I mean Hulk is in anyway can be compared or be more practical than Cosmic Ghost Rider lol

Saying Immortal Hulk is more practical than CGR is like saying Captain Marvel Classic hits harder than Captain Marvel Movie

Have u read the post or did u just scroll to bottom and read other peoples comments. If u did read my original post you'd know that hulk's impracticalities can be avoided. No need to get so butthurt just because someone disses your favourite champion.
    bruh Imulk is a decent champ just isn't worth the risk. CGR is just way better in every way.
  • TatteshwarTatteshwar Posts: 199 ★★★

Ihulks impracticality cannot be avoided at all lmao unless you are a act 5 or below player and "dissing" doesn't matter when the champ in question is top 3 cosmic and immortal hulk ain't even cracking top 12 in science