**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Root Feedback (New Mechanic)

Comments

• Ab_SamadAb_Samad Posts: 380 ★★
    You guys forgot to mention that the defenders are sp2 biased lol
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

Gimmicky. Counter intuitive. And both boring and potentially lethal at the same time. Would be bearable (is that what we aspire though?) if it appeared on the occasional node. Say, a single boss fight in a full story chapter. But could be a disaster if implemented wider. Eg in war or AQ. The potential for ridiculous matches and combinations of nodes, is borderline limitless.

It isn’t any fun. And when the novelty (precious little already) wears off, will feel utterly redundant and limiting at best. A meager 2 out of ten, if I’m being generous. Instashelf material. Should’ve been beta tested, instead of implemented. And even that is questionable. It’s so obviously a terrible idea, it surprises me it wasn’t shot down at the Stand Up.

In short, no. It’s dumb and literally adds nothing to the game.

But how, though?
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    It’s not bad. A lot more dancing trying to get opponents to throw the easier special to block/evade
    HI_guys said:

Haji_Saab said:

Think about it this way. This is a way for the game to make you dodge non-projectile attacks. Since non-projectile attacks can be dodged completely just by creating enough distance, they are usually not a challenge to dodge. This new node essentially adds a layer of new difficulty/skill required because it converts non-projectile attacks into projectile attacks. It's not really an unnecessary mechanic in the sense that it adds a new layer of gameplay into the game.

People are against any challenge greater than parry + smash. Only that is fair.
    The whole purpose of this thread is to provide feedback and feedback is both positive and negative. So you and I can say what we want.

And no people don't want parry and smash. Stun immune exists, limber exists. We don't get threads complaining about it.

The problem is that this root completely changes gameplay. And when couple with even more annoying defenders who already have ridiculous nodes, this thing will be disastrous.

If it is the occasional boss or side quest it is "fine" but when extended to whole paths and maps it becomes just ridiculous
    But I don't get how this is different from any distance projectile-based attack?
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★

Hey everybody,

This feedback is really important to us, and we want to make sure that our team gets to know your thoughts on Root. So, we need to ask that you guys give feedback on your current experience ONLY. We're going to be removing any posts on Possible Nodes etc. that you don't want to see Root on (that's another discussion, and we will be happy to have that later), and any posts unrelated to direct feedback on Root.

We welcome all constructive feedback, positive or negative! Let us know what you like, and what you don't, but keep it about Root!

I’m disliked it one thing is I’m really don’t see it fit in to this game personally it to late to add a whole new mechanic to a game there’s is that’s old it not that it bad it hard to get use to simple u can se if u hav dexterity it right because u stuk then u simply get rekt. My point of views is it it keep at only from sp it wil be fairly and I’m wil be happy to giv a it a few more try can’t said it totalt bad just a whole new mechanic there wil be hard to learn as revser controls stil is hard for me my brain can’t hanlde to much at the time. I’m somtimes miss the old. To much complexity involve as the game progresses out the years. I’m really enjoying the game but if there’s always get news and constantly new mechanic. I’m wil Hav to buy new phone More often to keep op with the mechanic to. Anyway what’s I’m like with the root u can punish sp u wasn’t Abel to do before so ther is a few good sing abudt it.
  • 2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 852 ★★★
    Fought Legendary sometimes root triggered sometimes it didn't.
    HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

Haji_Saab said:

Think about it this way. This is a way for the game to make you dodge non-projectile attacks. Since non-projectile attacks can be dodged completely just by creating enough distance, they are usually not a challenge to dodge. This new node essentially adds a layer of new difficulty/skill required because it converts non-projectile attacks into projectile attacks. It's not really an unnecessary mechanic in the sense that it adds a new layer of gameplay into the game.

The whole purpose of this thread is to provide feedback and feedback is both positive and negative. So you and I can say what we want.

And no people don't want parry and smash. Stun immune exists, limber exists. We don't get threads complaining about it.

The problem is that this root completely changes gameplay. And when couple with even more annoying defenders who already have ridiculous nodes, this thing will be disastrous.

If it is the occasional boss or side quest it is "fine" but when extended to whole paths and maps it becomes just ridiculous
    But I don't get how this is different from any distance projectile-based attack?
    Multi hit projectiles have always been a pain. Eg, Falcon, war Machine , blade. But multihit mele special attacks are far more common. Now every multi hit special is essentially projectiles. Blocking would be the best choice but with the attack values you cant realestically take more than a few to the block. And if they're unblockable it becomes a death sentence
    That's what negative nodes do. They make the game more difficult. Instead of making some niche nodes like Thorns, they actually made a fun and interactive node that mixes up the gameplay so it's not as boring. So my point is this: yes, it makes the game harder, but why are people complaining about an interactive node being implemented that would add difficulty into the game without making it niche to counter?
    2StarKing said:

Fought Legendary sometimes root triggered sometimes it didn't.

It is subject to AAR.
  • 2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 852 ★★★
    I think there might be a proximity issue with root and Colossus unblockable sp2. Colossus hit me while dexterity was triggered.
    That's another point. Root is affected by AAR, meaning that even if the opponent's specials are multi-hit, a character that affects AA could potentially shut down the node.
  • the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 344 ★★★
    There are lots of special attacks with multi phases and some attacks are a double hit which is really fast and you can't do anything but block . Recently with the addition of the long dragged out projectile attacks. Evading right now is fine but I don't like the fact that you have to take so much block damage. I don't think its good for the future of this game.

HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

Haji_Saab said:

Multi hit projectiles have always been a pain. Eg, Falcon, war Machine , blade. But multihit mele special attacks are far more common. Now every multi hit special is essentially projectiles. Blocking would be the best choice but with the attack values you cant realestically take more than a few to the block. And if they're unblockable it becomes a death sentence
    That's what negative nodes do. They make the game more difficult. Instead of making some niche nodes like Thorns, they actually made a fun and interactive node that mixes up the gameplay so it's not as boring. So my point is this: yes, it makes the game harder, but why are people complaining about an interactive node being implemented that would add difficulty into the game without making it niche to counter?
    There is a difference between nodes that make the game harder, but can be fully countered, and Root, which in some (many?) instances will mean you simply have to take damage, regardless of skill. Additionally, I am not sure it’s gonna be a node. It’s specifically mentioned it’s going to be a new game mechanic. You can’t extrapolate the full ‘experience’ by doing the current quest. Which has easy defenders. Cherry picked to make it doable. You need to think of other defenders and interactions.

You're forgetting AAR. It can totally be fully countered.
  • Mercury79Mercury79 Posts: 551 ★★

Hey everybody,

This feedback is really important to us, and we want to make sure that our team gets to know your thoughts on Root. So, we need to ask that you guys give feedback on your current experience ONLY. We're going to be removing any posts on Possible Nodes etc. that you don't want to see Root on (that's another discussion, and we will be happy to have that later), and any posts unrelated to direct feedback on Root.

We welcome all constructive feedback, positive or negative! Let us know what you like, and what you don't, but keep it about Root!

I think it's retty good thing I enjoyed but I think we should also get some advantages to counter rooting... give some advantages on dexing...and in side Quist it's really annoyingi do legendry permonth but today I started with epic and itsreally annoying too....