**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Morningstar immune to degeneration in Heroic. [Fix in Progress]

ralmadaralmada Posts: 191
edited October 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Cable only causes degen to organic enemies. Morningstar isn't
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey @ralmada. The previous comment is correct; Cable only degenerates organic opponents. Hope this helps!
  • ralmadaralmada Posts: 191
    Thanks for both clarification. Please, delete or close this thread. :#
    X_Scott wrote: »
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey @ralmada. The previous comment is correct; Cable only degenerates organic opponents. Hope this helps!

Where does it say that? It says Non Robotic. Morningstar doesn't appear to be a robot, but a mystical being. She captures souls, which isn't really a robot thing. This doesn't make sense. What would make sense would be that because the initial attack comes from cable, the defensive counter from Morningstar is an indirect bleed. Can't counter a counter with another counter, etc. Right? Or we sticking with the robot thing?

In Cable abilities it says that causes degen to "organic opponents". It doesn't say that he doesn't cause it on robots.
    Until know they were the only ones immune to Cable degen, but morningstar is too. Mephisto might also bee, I don't know.
    edited October 2017

So you need to change Cable's abilities description for clarification:

911300xjmfzo.jpg
    ralmada wrote: »

rpp0cwj4dt2h.jpg

That's might be a typo in the EN translation of the game.
    In my language it says "organic enemies" instead of "non-robotic enemies"
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    See above picture. Where does it say non organic? I only see non robotic. This is a world of mutants, demons, gods and whatever the hell Abomination is. They gotta be specific.
    eXtripa69 wrote: »

rpp0cwj4dt2h.jpg

Well since it's programmed over here, I'm going to say ours is correct and they mistranslated it on your end lol
  • RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
    edited October 2017
    Awfully quiet in here now
    Raa wrote: »
    Awfully quiet in here now

Yeah, it's Miller Time at Kabam. And not Frank.

rpp0cwj4dt2h.jpg

What language? Portuguese?

sqf1ecgqk8dw.jpg

Spanish?

4106wlw60bmg.jpg

French?

0q6t9yvr22wa.jpg
    Ralmada with the burn!
    Actually it should be correct in portuguese ...
    At least I can confirm that it was "organic opponent's" before in that language ... Don't know why they changed it
    Can we get a final ruling, Kabam?
    It was already confirmed to be working as intended. The only thing they could do it change his text to what it was in the past
  • ReinaReina Posts: 275
    X_Scott burn? You mean ROAST
    It was already confirmed to be working as intended. The only thing they could do it change his text to what it was in the past

Yeah, no. I don't feel like it was really confirmed. I think you answered a question with what you believe to be correct and a mod basically said good enough. We have no proof of this "original" lost polish king james version of Cable. So none of it has really been explained.
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    Mephisto and Morningstar are both Dimensional Beings—with that in mind, I dueled Mephisto and Cable’s heavy attack gives him degeneration. Unless specified by the node (debuff immunity or such), I reckon what works on Mephisto should work on Morningstar as well

I invite the others to duel Jay51 with Cable. My matches might have been bugged after all
    Is just a typo on Cable text.
    Kabam defined "non-robots" as "organic beings" up until now, because all non-organic beings he had were robots.
    Is just a typo on Cable text.
    Kabam defined "non-robots" as "organic beings" up until now, because all non-organic beings he had were robots.

Once again, where is this apocrypha of vast kabam knowledge for all of us to see? Take me to this Arc of the Covenant!!!
    This was discussed in the old forums, so I can't do anything about that.

However there is a link to reddit, where people talk about "organic opponents" in the comments. Not "non-robot", but organic opponents.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/5p163l/5_star_cable_with_suicide_masteries_0_hit_kills/
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    They hardly ever update the champion spotlight with new text. Cable spotlight says non-robotic and not organic. cfbg0brhbilo.png

Yeh, but a mod commented in the past that it causes degen to organic opponent's and not only robots. I remember seing "organic" in his abilities once in the past. Don't know why it was changed
    edited October 2017
    The game's bugs are expanding into the programmers minds now. Loopback.
    Is Ghost Rider organic? Besides, doesn't say that on current bios. I'm sticking w the new testament. Don't care what a bunch of people who are not kabam employees are debating on Reddit or that new fangled twitter thing.
    Fixxx wrote: »
    Mephisto and Morningstar are both Dimensional Beings—with that in mind, I dueled Mephisto and Cable’s heavy attack gives him degeneration. Unless specified by the node (debuff immunity or such), I reckon what works on Mephisto should work on Morningstar as well

I invite the others to duel Jay51 with Cable. My matches might have been bugged after all

@Kabam Wolf what about this?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Mephisto could be classified as organic, yes.
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    Fixxx wrote: »

@Kabam Wolf what about this?

I would like to know as well. What is the difference between Mephisto and Morningstar that the former can be degenerated by Cable but the latter, can't?