**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Immortal Hulk A Fail In Multiple Ways

TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
edited November 2020 in General Discussion
ihulk is a complete and utter fail both offensively and defensively. Offensively he falls short mainly due to one his lack of utility.2 his Extremely hard to keep up rage stacks and 3 his damage he takes constantly.IMO his Rage stacks are by far his biggest problem which 2 seconds is not even close to enough time and is widely impractical to use in an act 6 fight. If you can’t keep them stun locked They will just throw the Sp3 if your too aggressive and if you play too passive you’ll do almost no damage.

But now I want to cover his defense capabilities. Defensively he has almost nothing going for him extremely easy specials to avoid. His biggest annoyance immortality is easily countered by DAR champs and champs who can apply bleeds as soon as immortality is over.

So this raises my final question. What’s the point of ihulk? He’s widely impractical for offensive uses.And Defensively he’s easily countered. What’s the point of this champ? He’s useless for basically everything. I’m really confused why they made him so bad for offensive and defensive uses.He reminds me of terrax how they are both not good offensively and both pretty meh defensively

Comments

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    I am gonna pop some cavs for him. He has potential. I am gonna mess around with him if I get him before making an opinion.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Rookiie said:

Crcrcrc said:

I am gonna pop some cavs for him. He has potential. I am gonna mess around with him if I get him before making an opinion.

I tried so much to make him relevant

Nope
    It's not over yet.
    How so? I can’t imagine they’ll do anything else to him.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Can’t wait to test him myself.
    Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

Crcrcrc said:

I tried so much to make him relevant

Nope
    It's not over yet.
    How so? I can’t imagine they’ll do anything else to him.
    This issue is still fresh. Content creators have expressed major disappointment. I imagine CCP have given their feedback to Kabam. People are still yelling left and right about this mess and I imagine it will intensify once more players get their hands on him. I would keep campaigning for 2 or 3 more weeks, hopefully Kabam will find it in themselves to give an answer before Cyber Weekend.
    #JusticeForImmortalHulk
    Hahaha. Justice for either immortal or OG. Make a Hulk that we can all get behind.
  • shield456shield456 Posts: 1,979 ★★★
    Bleeding does not affect his build up its only the node in Un and cav EQ
  • DretlleDretlle Posts: 41
    edited November 2020
    he look cool doe
  • DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
    My only complaint is that he looks too much like the regular hulk. Keep in mind I have ZERO knowledge of comic book characters.

Just a different shade of green.

My only complaint is that he looks too much like the regular hulk. Keep in mind I have ZERO knowledge of comic book characters.

That is because he is the same Bruce Banner, just like Joe Fixit and Ghulk. They all have small physical differences but major personality differences. Immortal hulk looks like a larger, darker colored hulk in the comics, but is cruel and intelligent. He is close in looks, but almost an entirely different character in personality. Hope this helps!
    Crcrcrc said:

That is because he is the same Bruce Banner, just like Joe Fixit and Ghulk. They all have small physical differences but major personality differences. Immortal hulk looks like a larger, darker colored hulk in the comics, but is cruel and intelligent. He is close in looks, but almost an entirely different character in personality. Hope this helps!
    He is also unkillable and has glowing green veins when he is in a rage, just like in the game. Forgot to add this part.
  • xJamesssxJamesss Posts: 10
    Immortal hulk for defense and OG hulk for massive damage
    xJamesss said:

Immortal hulk for defense and OG hulk for massive damage

He’s a terrible defender as well
  • MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 688 ★★★
    Where does ihulk sit compared to Nova, Terrax and Diablo?

We've had a few complete duds in the past 12 months and rebalancing has disappeared. As much as there's a lot of noise for him, I won't be holding my breath expecting any changes.
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★

Where does ihulk sit compared to Nova, Terrax and Diablo?

We've had a few complete duds in the past 12 months and rebalancing has disappeared. As much as there's a lot of noise for him, I won't be holding my breath expecting any changes.

Way better then all 3 he’s bad but not on the level of those 3
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    I get he may not be as bad as Nova, Terrax and Diablo, but just how bad does everyone really think he is? I really don’t think Kabams missed the mark on him like they have with other champions such as Silver Surfer or Sentry. My only gripe with his design is the he’s the “Immortal” Hulk, he should have full debuff resistance to pretty everything, but that’s judging him based on his comic lore. If he can survive being melted with acid or having a hole blown through him, guts spilling out, what are some bleeds going to do to him.

He’s not perfect and could use a tweak to his cooldown timer, but he’s a pretty simple champion to use with some crazy damage. I do believe that he should just go full Fury and CMM during immortality and shrug off or become immune to all debuffs while immortal and regening. If I could tweak one more thing, which is a suggestion I read in another thread, it would be to reduce the self damage he takes while on cooldown, but still receive full gamma. This would be insane. Some resistance to healblock and AAR would pretty nice too.
    Honestly he’s pretty good now. If you play him correctly he’s pretty sustainable. I have the 5* and tried ROL at rank 3 sig 100 and he finished the hole thing no revives no potions. Meaning you can be really good with him and last forever if you play him right.

I’m cool down i would use MLLLL a lot, and it makes me wish that ending a combo in a L gives some utility. A slow mechanic or honestly, even a weakness would work. His petrify is VERY underrated and it’s because you also inflict weakness with full combos - meaning you reverse healing.

The smashing is awesome and times correctly he obliterates regeneration champs. Look at my video with the 4* R3 vs ROL Wolverine.

I used him in incursions and lasted forever. Ate up a bunch of Degen.

I believe two things are going on here.

1. The play style of this champ is something nobody has ever seen before. It causes people to play him and not maximize his kit

2. He’s incomplete. Add a mechanic to the end of a light combo and change the degeneration to include ALL energy damage or increase Degen to 70% (like Gulk) and now you’re talking. I would rank 5 him and would quest in AQ with him.

Overall he’s good. A new style of playing. I think the two items above make him undesirable.
    Mike192 said:

Honestly he’s pretty good now. If you play him correctly he’s pretty sustainable. I have the 5* and tried ROL at rank 3 sig 100 and he finished the hole thing no revives no potions. Meaning you can be really good with him and last forever if you play him right.

I’m cool down i would use MLLLL a lot, and it makes me wish that ending a combo in a L gives some utility. A slow mechanic or honestly, even a weakness would work. His petrify is VERY underrated and it’s because you also inflict weakness with full combos - meaning you reverse healing.

The smashing is awesome and times correctly he obliterates regeneration champs. Look at my video with the 4* R3 vs ROL Wolverine.

I used him in incursions and lasted forever. Ate up a bunch of Degen.

I believe two things are going on here.

1. The play style of this champ is something nobody has ever seen before. It causes people to play him and not maximize his kit

2. He’s incomplete. Add a mechanic to the end of a light combo and change the degeneration to include ALL energy damage or increase Degen to 70% (like Gulk) and now you’re talking. I would rank 5 him and would quest in AQ with him.

Overall he’s good. A new style of playing. I think the two items above make him undesirable.

I dont think people are saying he is total trash. People are saying he isnt practical and has little to no use for endgame purposes. Even in 6.2 you might think twice before bringing him in. Fans will love him and use him regardless, but average summoner might just say 'another dud' which objectively he is
    Totally isn’t a dud. He isn’t being utilized as intended IMHO