**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why all the hate for Cable?

K guys i'm not kidding but why is Cable so bad? Some people on global make him out to be worse then HB. Like I mean he's not the best but he's pretty useful. When he does his heavy attack it does the heath down on opponent thingy (can't quite recall what its called but its similar to bleed). Tbh I have a 5* of him and I really enjoy using him. So, dear reader, why so much hate for my boi Cable?

Comments

• LmaoLmao Posts: 820 ★★★
    Monke said:

1. Don't listen to global
    2. He IS worse then Hulkbuster. Period.
    3. If anything, I've been the one cheering Cable for a while when I first saw his synergy. People then realized I wasn't an idiot and that the synergy was godly. The problem is that he needs to be a horseman. He's got insane damage. Also, he is shut down by robots too. Not saying he's bad, but the fact he's synergy reliant is not the best thing in the world.
    4. He's disliked because some of us made accusations saying he's better than Aegon

What do you mean monke, are you saying that cable is worse than Aegon?
    *insert surprised Pikachu face*

In all seriousness, Cable is barely ok without synergies and he's ok with synergies. His power gain and regen takes forever and you're more likely to be dead before you actually heal a decent amount.
  • J0E_HardyJ0E_Hardy Posts: 100

Hulkbuster is already way better than Cable (tbf you probably didn't know HB got buffed in June). I mean he's got some use only if you have a 5* or 6* Apocalypse and if you desperately rely on synergy to be good then you're not as good as those who don't. Cable isn't really hated because he's bad, he's hated because of KDSuperFlash.

Yea I left the contest for a few months so I missed HB getting buffed. Also who is KDSuperFlash?
  • ABOMBABOMB Posts: 564 ★★★
    Haven't really used him other than 2 and 3 stars back in earlier acts..
    I can say that the dude annoyed the hell outta me when battled him in some of 5.4
  • CashierCashier Posts: 68
    Cause he sucks

J0E_Hardy said:

Hulkbuster is already way better than Cable (tbf you probably didn't know HB got buffed in June). I mean he's got some use only if you have a 5* or 6* Apocalypse and if you desperately rely on synergy to be good then you're not as good as those who don't. Cable isn't really hated because he's bad, he's hated because of KDSuperFlash.

Yea I left the contest for a few months so I missed HB getting buffed. Also who is KDSuperFlash?
    KD is a forum user who's notorious for making outlandish claims upon at the first sight of possibility ultimately ending up being wrong through the eyes of the community like that one time he claimed Apocalypse to be a dud among other scandals.

Oh yeah since you missed HB getting buffed, I might as well let on that both Magnetos got buffed as well (White one is still bugged iirc so yeah) and Red Magneto is now hailed as one of the best champs ingame. We also had Punisher 2099 get his numbers amped up so he's actually pretty good now and Falcon and Gambit got the Carnage and Venom treatment in that their kits got updated
    Ok good to know about Magneto! When I left the peeps on global where just starting rumours of HB getting buffed. Thanks for the update lol.
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    Cable is actually pretty good.
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 835 ★★★
    J0E_Hardy said:

K guys i'm not kidding but why is Cable so bad? Some people on global make him out to be worse then HB. Like I mean he's not the best but he's pretty useful. When he does his heavy attack it does the heath down on opponent thingy (can't quite recall what its called but its similar to bleed). Tbh I have a 5* of him and I really enjoy using him. So, dear reader, why so much hate for my boi Cable?

What? It’s called degeneration. But yeah he’s way worse than hulkbuster, not sure where you get that from lol

I’d put him around psylocke and storm in the mutant class, simply because his damage isn’t that great. He has power gain, regeneration and the degeneration, but if he’s without synergies, such as apocalypse, he’s just not a great champion.
    Hazzalec1 said:

J0E_Hardy said:

What? It’s called degeneration. But yeah he’s way worse than hulkbuster, not sure where you get that from lol

I’d put him around psylocke and storm in the mutant class, simply because his damage isn’t that great. He has power gain, regeneration and the degeneration, but if he’s without synergies, such as apocalypse, he’s just not a great champion.
    Haha sorry I forgot what it was called at the time lol.

Idk man. I enjoy using him often XD
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Well I just pulled the 6*, so I'm looking to Horseman as solace. Lol. He's not bad overall. He's just not the top of the "list".

Well I just pulled the 6*, so I'm looking to Horseman as solace. Lol. He's not bad overall. He's just not the top of the "list".

I'm not saying he's the top of the "list" (neither are you, I understand) lol all I'm saying is he's not as bad as people make him out to be. He was my first 5* and I mean he's pretty good. Not God tier but useful nonetheless.
    HI_guys said:

No he's not. He's trash
    Well different people have different playing styles and that could help define what champs they call "good".
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    Cable with suicides and horsemen is God tier on seatins list.

You are my new best friend.

Lol great minds think alike ig
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    edited November 2020
    Sorta unrelated but I freaking love Deadpool characters. I think they have the funniest and lowkey clever origins/characteristics:

* Cable's design is a blatant rip-off of the Terminator. He's a time-travelling half robot assassin with a similar profile. Hes super serious and its perfect when juxtaposed with Deadpool. Plus his mother's name is "Madelyne Pryor". Might be reaching here, but a time travelling half robot's mom being named similar to "Made Prior" is kinda clever

* Masacre being a devout Catholic priest being converted to a homicidal maniac by one DP confession is hilarious. Imagine spending your entire life dedicated to good faith just to go insane bc some guy went on a monologue

* Domino's backstory isnt really why i love her. I think her character being a walking Deus Ex Machina and plot armoring her way into victory without ever acknowledging how ridiculous it is for her to even survive is hilarious. Her power is literally "Shounen Protagonist Defeating Main Villain"

* Hit-monkey's backstory is hilarious solely bc it's dark, philosophical, serious and is about a hit monkey. Basically hit-monkey's super peaceful clan in some hidden village took in a half-dead assassin refugee. Once they realized he was this super skilled mercenary, hit-monkey began vehemently disagreeing that they should harbor a trained killer. Its a conflict of ideology, between hit-monkey's pragmatic views and his clan's morals. Long-story-short, hit-monkey learned assassination skills from the assassin himself (as he practiced killing snowmen lol). Hit monkey's fear and distrust ultimately led to the betrayal of his clan (he ends up physically fighting them). In the end, he evolved into the very monkey he feared in the first place.

* Gwenpool isnt technically a DP character IIRC, but her design is blatantly inspired by Gwen Stacy and Deadpool...despite being neither of them. Shes basically the reverse Deadpool as shes on the OTHER SIDE of the fourth wall. She reads Marvel comics in her universe which Marvel is simply a line of comics. She then enters these dimensions somehow.

* Deadpool once killed the entire Marvel Universe to prove that the only thing that will permanently kill everyone is the decline of real-world sales, and that elaborate and gruesome murders is disturbingly popular. Its haunting how true this was as his rampage is immensely popular, yet if you look up the story, the results are mostly about how awesome his tactics were, and not about how the audience's demand for blood is why Deadpool is so successful. His final 4th wall breaks here, once he **spoiler** realized he was merely a creation with no free-will and exists only to provide morbid entertainment **spoiler** actually scared me more than any horror movie ive ever seen. Especially since he **spoiler** kills the authors **spoiler**. Other than that, hes generally a funny dude

Sorry for the wall of text. I just really love how all these characters can be used to satire common tropes while also being genuinely thought-provoking
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    J0E_Hardy said:

I don’t have any hate for cable. I was wondering the same thing aswell. He got me through a lot of content back in the day

Sorta unrelated but I freaking love Deadpool characters. I think they have the funniest and lowkey clever origins/characteristics:

* Cable's design is a blatant rip-off of the Terminator. He's a time-travelling half robot assassin with a similar profile. Hes super serious and its perfect when juxtaposed with Deadpool. Plus his mother's name is "Madelyne Pryor". Might be reaching here, but a time travelling half robot's mom being named similar to "Made Prior" is kinda clever

* Masacre being a devout Catholic priest being converted to a homicidal maniac by one DP confession is hilarious. Imagine spending your entire life dedicated to good faith just to go insane bc some guy went on a monologue

* Domino's backstory isnt really why i love her. I think her character being a walking Deus Ex Machina and plot armoring her way into victory without ever acknowledging how ridiculous it is for her to even survive is hilarious. Her power is literally "Shounen Protagonist Defeating Main Villain"

* Hit-monkey's backstory is hilarious solely bc it's dark, philosophical, serious and is about a hit monkey. Basically hit-monkey's super peaceful clan in some hidden village took in a half-dead assassin refugee. Once they realized he was this super skilled mercenary, hit-monkey began vehemently disagreeing that they should harbor a trained killer. Its a conflict of ideology, between hit-monkey's pragmatic views and his clan's morals. Long-story-short, hit-monkey learned assassination skills from the assassin himself (as he practiced killing snowmen lol). Hit monkey's fear and distrust ultimately led to the betrayal of his clan (he ends up physically fighting them). In the end, he evolved into the very monkey he feared in the first place.

* Gwenpool isnt technically a DP character IIRC, but her design is blatantly inspired by Gwen Stacy and Deadpool...despite being neither of them. Shes basically the reverse Deadpool as shes on the OTHER SIDE of the fourth wall. She reads Marvel comics in her universe which Marvel is simply a line of comics. She then enters these dimensions somehow.

* Deadpool once killed the entire Marvel Universe to prove that the only thing that will permanently kill everyone is the decline of real-world sales, and that elaborate and gruesome murders is disturbingly popular. Its haunting how true this was as his rampage is immensely popular, yet if you look up the story, the results are mostly about how awesome his tactics were, and not about how the audience's demand for blood is why Deadpool is so successful. His final 4th wall breaks here, once he **spoiler** realized he was merely a creation with no free-will and exists only to provide morbid entertainment **spoiler** actually scared me more than any horror movie ive ever seen. Especially since he **spoiler** kills the authors **spoiler**. Other than that, hes generally a funny dude

Sorry for the wall of text. I just really love how all these characters can be used to satire common tropes while also being genuinely thought-provoking

Haha thats great dude!

J0E_Hardy said:

I don’t have any hate for cable. I was wondering the same thing aswell. He got me through a lot of content back in the day

IKR! I kinda really enjoy using him
  • BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,074 ★★★★
    Laughs in she hulk
  • LmaoLmao Posts: 820 ★★★
    J0E_Hardy said:

You are my new best friend.

Lol great minds think alike ig
    Trust me, you don't want to think like him.
    BuffBeast said:

Laughs in she hulk

LOL! I have that walking piece of trash as well
  • BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,074 ★★★★
    J0E_Hardy said:

BuffBeast said:

Laughs in she hulk

Watch karatemikes video. Let’s see how trash she is
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    J0E_Hardy said:

BuffBeast said:

Laughs in she hulk

She-Hulk in the mud. You just love to see it.