**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Help with 6.1.5

Nitro422Nitro422 Posts: 276
edited November 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Iceman works(5* r4 awakened) but when it gets to 45% healthy CB just keeps on regenerating back to 53%. What am I doing wrong?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• HavocGamer49HavocGamer49 Posts: 408 ★★★
    You are probably not able to out damage the vigor node.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,798 ★★★★★
    will a 5* r3 Sentinel be able to do this fight?
  • RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★
    Maybe you're not dealing enough damage, spam SP1 and bait SP1.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★

Maybe but you probably want to find a better counter like BWCV
  • HavocGamer49HavocGamer49 Posts: 408 ★★★

Hes poison immune so should work. Idk ab the damage output never used sentinel.
    Crcrcrc said:

we’ll see I was gonna use quake but then biohazard became poison and nevermind.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Na, Claire isn't a great counter anymore. Unless you keep quitting when you run out of charges, or resort to blocking his special 2 everytime.
    Kill_Grey said:

Crcrcrc said:

Na, Claire isn't a great counter anymore. Unless you keep quitting when you run out of charges, or resort to blocking his special 2 everytime.
    If you build up to sp2, it should work in hellfire stage
    edited November 2020
    Crcrcrc said:

Kill_Grey said:

Crcrcrc said:

You like block damage? Or did you forget that there's power struggle on the fight.
  • RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★
    Ehh I'm also stuck there tbh, would a Ghost 4/55 work (no Wasp) combined with G2099 3/45 ?
    Kill_Grey said:

Crcrcrc said:

Kill_Grey said:

Crcrcrc said:

You like block damage? Or did you forget that there's power struggle on the fight.
    Oh yeah dang it. I hate the new crossbones change.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    My solution, pre nerf and without many counter options was to use colossus (bleed only really to worry then). I bursted down as fast as I could, pause just before vigor triggered, quit out, l1 revive repeat. Had a bunch of L1s in overflow and needed about 8 with this method, but got me through without much stress. No need to heal really since just gonna back out each time too. Should be able to do the same with iceman or any poison immune champ now. Just get in some decent damage each round to make it worth those revives.

Otherwise, rank up R5 iceman and he can do it the regular way, but r4 is a struggle unless you are boosted up good and able to throw lots of L1s to keep on some extra DOT when you're lucky.

Do u have a CMM or Medusa at R4? They should hit harder and make it go a bit faster.
    Crcrcrc said:

Kill_Grey said:

Crcrcrc said:

Kill_Grey said:

Crcrcrc said:

Power struggle is the global node lol

Crcrcrc said:

Kill_Grey said:

Crcrcrc said:

Kill_Grey said:

Crcrcrc said:

Power struggle is the global node lol
    No because BWCV used to work without specials because of biohazard and now she doesn't work at all
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Dang, I forgot too.
  • Nitro422Nitro422 Posts: 276
    RaviDavi said:

Maybe you're not dealing enough damage, spam SP1 and bait SP1.

All I do is spam SP1
  • Nitro422Nitro422 Posts: 276

My solution, pre nerf and without many counter options was to use colossus (bleed only really to worry then). I bursted down as fast as I could, pause just before vigor triggered, quit out, l1 revive repeat. Had a bunch of L1s in overflow and needed about 8 with this method, but got me through without much stress. No need to heal really since just gonna back out each time too. Should be able to do the same with iceman or any poison immune champ now. Just get in some decent damage each round to make it worth those revives.

Otherwise, rank up R5 iceman and he can do it the regular way, but r4 is a struggle unless you are boosted up good and able to throw lots of L1s to keep on some extra DOT when you're lucky.

Do u have a CMM or Medusa at R4? They should hit harder and make it go a bit faster.

I have an R3 medusa(awakend) and a R2 CMM, plus an awakening stone.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    This is why I rushed to Cavalier when this change was announced. Manage to defeat Crossbones with 2 revives.

CMM might work but she is too reliant on her Specials for the big burst of damage and with the Global Node, you'll have a hard time to proc an SP2 unless you heavy bait a lot.

Sentinel is still an option but it might take a lot of time.

If you have Nick Fury and Deadpool X-Force, you can use any of your best damage dealer.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Crcrcrc said:

Kill_Grey said:

Crcrcrc said:

You could probably stay in the poison stance and he should drop below 2 bars of power after you throw your Sp2. But it would be long.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    @Kill_Grey i used BWCV a few weeks ago and used sp2s in hellfire stance. Had to eat a few blocked sp2s. Took 2 revives and forever but worked. I was thinking of trying out what @Etjama said when I go to explore that chapter in the future
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    @RaviDavi no, that won’t be able to work. I tried to use my 4/55 awakened ghost with wasp and got to a point where his regen was cancelling out my damage. The only strategy that would work is push him to sp2 so you can use your sp2 and revive after you die of block damage. It should work eventually but will probably take 3-4 revives if you’re lucky.
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Crcrcrc said:

Kill_Grey said:

Crcrcrc said:

You could probably stay in the poison stance and he should drop below 2 bars of power after you throw your Sp2. But it would be long.
    I'm not sure if Claire's power steal spam will drop him directly below 2 bar because of the way it functions. Then there's the risk of getting pushed to 3 bars because of the way power struggle functions as well.

My alliance mate is about to try, either way. So I'm waiting for his feedback.
    Will3808 said:

@Kill_Grey i used BWCV a few weeks ago and used sp2s in hellfire stance. Had to eat a few blocked sp2s. Took 2 revives and forever but worked. I was thinking of trying out what @Etjama said when I go to explore that chapter in the future

The block damage is the major problem, coupled with the fact that crossbones can shrug off her buff immunity. That's the only way to gain extra charges during the fight, unfortunately.

Even before the change, I didn't quite have opportunity to test out Claire on the fight when it was still biohazard. I used Ghost for my first clear, then Guilly on a separate occasion for fun. It's one of the last quests for my 6.1 exploration, and I'll be using Guilly anyway.
    On paths that I can't build her up because of the global, then I can use Nick for crossbones as long as he starts in his first life. If neither works, then CMM is also around as backup.