**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Seeing Red node in Cav EQ makes Sabretooth fun to play

hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
edited November 2020 in General Discussion
I have an awakened R2 Sabre, but almost literally never use him. He's just for synergies. I do like to have my synergy champs ranked up though for occasional use if desired. I have Wasp and Hood at 5/65 as well for example. The reason I never play him is because he is not suicide friendly.. like at all imo. And it's unfortunate because virtually everyone you'd like to pair with him on a team is suicide friendly. Having the bleed resistance from Seeing Red made me realize that's all he needs to be a great champ. From my perspective anyway. Anyone else who hardly uses him have fun using him on this map?

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    wdym Sabretooth is a beast
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Monke said:

I've used Sabretooth quite a bit and in a lot of quests you actually don't need to or even want to use the sp1 very often. You want to make sure you end the fight with an sp3 so often in medium length fights you throw maybe one sp1 then the rest of the furies you just build up by dashing back and idling after an opponent has used a special attack or once you've parried him while building power up to the sp3
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    Sungj said:

Monke said:

I've used Sabretooth quite a bit and in a lot of quests you actually don't need to or even want to use the sp1 very often. You want to make sure you end the fight with an sp3 so often in medium length fights you throw maybe one sp1 then the rest of the furies you just build up by dashing back and idling after an opponent has used a special attack or once you've parried him while building power up to the sp3
    Understood, though even Double Edge takes a toll for any champ that has to be built up. MS is bleed immune and has life steal once built. Aegon can shrug the dot. Guilly is immune. Other ramp up champs are more suicide friendly.

For me, it's also his incompatibility with his synergy team. Omega, OML, Colossus, Magneto can all be played successfully with suicides. Sabre stands out as the one who can't. There is just never a reason to use him over those champs for me. Especially because he has to do 3-4 fights to build up. It just doesn't make sense for me to use him. Just saying this node offering bleed resistance opened up a chance for me to use him and have fun. Was even free to use specials cause of the Willpower.

Could I respec out of suicides and have fun using him in other content? Sure, but at the cost of 60% attack and why would I when everyone else on the team is suicide friendly?

I'll assume you don't have the recoil mastery active:)
    Double edge and Recoil pretty much take the fun out of it.
    Yeah I don’t have suicides or plans to unlock them
    edited November 2020

Would reccomend trying them one day, just to see if you like them. I've found that markedly increased damage is actually a utility in itself. Many situations in the game can be countered by the defender being dead:)
    Though, what I'm looking forward to is a change to the respec process. The reason so many players have to "choose a side" is because it's clunky and expensive to respec.

Would reccomend trying them one day, just to see if you like them. I've found that markedly increased damage is actually a utility in itself. Many situations in the game can be countered by the defender being dead:)
    Though, what I'm looking forward to is a change to the respec process. The reason so many players have to "choose a side" is because it's clunky and expensive to respec.
    I honestly don’t want to spend all those units on them, and it’d limit the characters I can use effectively

I honestly don’t want to spend all those units on them, and it’d limit the characters I can use effectively
    As far as I can tell, there's never been a better time to try them. Way more suicide friendly characters then ever, I think.