**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Doctor Voodoo & V5

Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
edited November 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Is he worth awakening with a Generic for V5? I want to do an initial run through 3, 4 and 5 before I start exploring 3.
Roster below. Sorcerer is going to r4 soon. I don't think I have anyone left I'd use a generic on. I kinda want to use it on Venom bc he's going to r5 asap. My 4* DV is unduped too

Or anyone else that might be good? Or if i don't have the roster for it yet and should wait a bit? can't take AA and that makes me sad. I always take him with me.

Doctor Voodoo & V5 11 votes

Yep
72%
TerraHammerbro_64Kill_GreySarvanga1_GlassbackYodabolt21Noise72Wild_Meat84 8 votes
Nop
27%
RoOOtsCrcrcrcaroseinbloom39 3 votes

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Yep
    Archangel will help a ton in variant 5

But seriously, Voodoo is probably the single most deserving mystic champ of an awakening gem (this sentence doesn't quite sound grammatically correct, but oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

As much as you would want to awaken Venom with the gem. The fact is, that Voodoo would benefit WAY more, as the awakening literally transforms the way he functions. And he'll help in content outside of variant 5 as well (6.3.3 havok boss, anyone?)
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    Yep
    R5 n awaken that bad boy. My r5 Voodoo (sig 120ish I think) crushed V5.
    He also has many uses outside of V5.
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Archangel will help a ton in variant 5

But seriously, Voodoo is probably the single most deserving mystic champ of an awakening gem (this sentence doesn't quite sound grammatically correct, but oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

As much as you would want to awaken Venom with the gem. The fact is, that Voodoo would benefit WAY more, as the awakening literally transforms the way he functions. And he'll help in content outside of variant 5 as well (6.3.3 havok boss, anyone?)

Yeah I was thinking that, Voodoo benefits much much more. I did have 2 whole mystic gems that I used on Sorcerer (and then I duped her 3 times from her featured) and Sym. I don't regret Sym but I do regret Sorcerer.

If you know a way to smuggle AA into V5, let me know
    edited November 2020
    Terra said:

It'd be a while before I can r5 him. He would go to r4 though.

Also - does he need sigs?
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    Yep

Terra said:

No. He's like Hype, a few Sig's changes his entire kits reliability. I'd say 20 or so. I only pumped many into mine for prestige (and me liking Voodoo)
    Terra said:

Terra said:

No. He's like Hype, a few Sig's changes his entire kits reliability. I'd say 20 or so. I only pumped many into mine for prestige (and me liking Voodoo)
    Okay I think I have around 20 mystic sigs lying around, that's good. Generics disappear into Void. Thanks for your help!😊
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Is your void awakened? If not I’d put the generic in him but I’m going to assume he is for the sake of this post. Unless you have a tech awakening gem I’d consider saving your generic for her. If you do have one go ahead and put it in voodoo. I’m not going to vote because my decision is based on saving a gem for ghost
    Will3808 said:

Is your void awakened? If not I’d put the generic in him but I’m going to assume he is for the sake of this post. Unless you have a tech awakening gem I’d consider saving your generic for her. If you do have one go ahead and put it in voodoo. I’m not going to vote because my decision is based on saving a gem for ghost

Void is awakened. He got the Generic from 100% Act 5.
    I don't have a tech AG for Ghost. But I'm hitting the featured and Mutant/Skill only atm. I just opened around 20 tech/duals, no Ghost. It'll be a while before I get her.
    edited November 2020
    Monke said:

I guess I just needed a tiny push to do it, mainly bc I really wanted to awaken Venom. But I've been itching to use it. So I did it while my resolve was strong.

Venom's probably promising never to come out of my crystals again. If there's a gen AG on Cyber Monday it's yours big guy.

Congrats! A bit late, but I used Voodoo in that chapter un and he worked still well. He's got very good utility, and can be great in many scenarios. In variant 5, that chapter just makes him so crazily overpowered
    @Monke Thanks! You're not late, it's not been very long since I put it up. I've just been itching to awaken Venom and I used it when my resolve was strong from people talking sense.
    Who else did you use?
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Yep
    Nice. I had awakened my voodoo too for v5
    over doom. Voodoo is just so good. He is my regular aq champ.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    Good choice.

He doesn’t need the sigs but it’s worth it much more than hype to invest more in. 80ish is good mainly to extend the regen if you use him a lot.

Defo worth r5 too. He’s a beast for map 5/6 AQ (not tried 7) you can finish on full health playing vaguely well, just makes it zero stress.
    Berjibs said:

Good choice.

He doesn’t need the sigs but it’s worth it much more than hype to invest more in. 80ish is good mainly to extend the regen if you use him a lot.

Defo worth r5 too. He’s a beast for map 5/6 AQ (not tried 7) you can finish on full health playing vaguely well, just makes it zero stress.

I hadnt thought of AQ! I'll take him up to 80 gradually.
    Yeah you go from something like 65-105% buff duration and then max sig is 125% so I figured that was worth it. I think mine regens around 35% health at the start of each fight. You can use this for eg at full health to fight through DOT nodes in aq. Even if you come out down a little health you just regen it next fight. 👍
    Berjibs said:

Yeah you go from something like 65-105% buff duration and then max sig is 125% so I figured that was worth it. I think mine regens around 35% health at the start of each fight. You can use this for eg at full health to fight through DOT nodes in aq. Even if you come out down a little health you just regen it next fight. 👍

Sounds good! I was actually thinking about finding a new alliance and being more active in AQ/W. So I'm glad he's good for AQ!
    I'm going to end up with a mystic/ mutant heavy roster lol.
    Monke said:

Monke said:

I guess I just needed a tiny push to do it, mainly bc I really wanted to awaken Venom. But I've been itching to use it. So I did it while my resolve was strong.

Venom's probably promising never to come out of my crystals again. If there's a gen AG on Cyber Monday it's yours big guy.

Congrats! A bit late, but I used Voodoo in that chapter un and he worked still well. He's got very good utility, and can be great in many scenarios. In variant 5, that chapter just makes him so crazily overpowered
    @Monke Thanks! You're not late, it's not been very long since I put it up. I've just been itching to awaken Venom and I used it when my resolve was strong from people talking sense.
    Who else did you use?
    That metal guy in a purple cape, Venom, Starky, Longshot, and I switched between Voodoo and Diablo, because Voodoo was only valuable for me in chapter 2. Still, he was an incredible force. Diablo was Doom synergy which grants doom guaranteed crits on heavys if staggers are active
    Think your comment went for approval bc I couldn't access it before. That's helpful, thanks. I have Diablo. I have no Doom or Longshot. Got the rest though.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    *peeks at my recently pulled 5* Doctor Voodoo*

I guess, you're up.
  • GlassbackGlassback Posts: 341 ★★★
    Yep
    I used my first ever awakening on him a few years ago and never regretted it.

Makes him a completely different champ, not just for V5
    Yep

Monke said:

Monke said:

Who else did you use?
    That metal guy in a purple cape, Venom, Starky, Longshot, and I switched between Voodoo and Diablo, because Voodoo was only valuable for me in chapter 2. Still, he was an incredible force. Diablo was Doom synergy which grants doom guaranteed crits on heavys if staggers are active
    Think your comment went for approval bc I couldn't access it before. That's helpful, thanks. I have Diablo. I have no Doom or Longshot. Got the rest though.
    You have all the champs you need. You don't need Doom. Go for it.
    Let’s not forget incursions. He’s a zone 10 champ all day long. Take some immunities alongside and you’re golden. The regen and increased AA make for such a fun time. Get the DOT hacks like shock, increased damage per debuff, increased potency and enjoy. 😎

Monke said:

Monke said:

Who else did you use?
    Oh I am. I'm not waiting for Doom. I'm just gonna get Sorcerer and Voodoo and Venom to r4. I just did V4 completion so my stash is slightly depleted.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Yep
    You lack solid power control on your roster and DV will provide that.

You lack solid power control on your roster and DV will provide that.

Hadn't thought of that. That's very true, power control is something I've always lacked.
    Yep

Monke said:

Monke said:

Who else did you use?
    Oh I am. I'm not waiting for Doom. I'm just gonna get Sorcerer and Voodoo and Venom to r4. I just did V4 completion so my stash is slightly depleted.
    Oh then good luck.
    Monke said:

Monke said:

Monke said:

Who else did you use?
    Diablo OP
    Yeah, it had to get approved sadly. Sorry bout that
    Nah no worries.
    Got a 6* Diablo. Maybe I don't need Voodoo, even a 2* Diablo should do the trick.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    abb I was gonna say to try to get your 4* voodoo awakened but oh well

abb I was gonna say to try to get your 4* voodoo awakened but oh well

he isn't. I have a 4* tech, skill, mutant, cosmic AG but no mystic. I've fed my 5* the generic anyway.