**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Mephisto Nerf.. give me back my awakening gem

I had pulled a 5 star mephisto and after going through his abilities, saw that his regen was 10% per charge.. like how regen was defined in the olden days.. plus he was tagged as a total AWD hero too.. so with this definition he was supposed to get regen based on the node he was put in war. that is a god tier definition and I used my 5 star mystic awakening gem i got from LoL on him. Now kabam has come up today with a statement saying that it was an error and they are going to change the regen back to flat value. Which means his value as an AWD has been lost to a great extent. How is this fair.. I dont want any compensation or has never cried for one, not even the resources i used to rank him up to rank 3, but I really need that 5 star awakening gem back as those are super rare to come by.. Help me guys..

@Kabam Miike

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    It was a bug. They will not give back anything to you.
    Let's not talk about what happened to Archangel ... similar thing to this, but worse. Nothing was done about his change because it was a bug from the start
  • roy505roy505 Posts: 90
    edited October 2017
    it was not a bug.. it was the way they defined the character.. Total AW defender plus regen of 10% per charge... I played according to their definition and the mistake was kabams... right now the way they are defining, it is nothing but a nerf which wont affect the majority as they don't have mephisto.. and what happened with archangel ?
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    xNig wrote: »
    It was stated long ago that regen will be no longer based on % value.

A lot of things that get stated either change over time or get retracted, especially in this game. With all the cries that AW is too easy it wouldn't have surprised me if they kept it %based. Honestly was looking forward to a new challenge. Oh well.
  • @roy505
    Do you have a link for the announcement on Mephisto and the regen change? I can't seem to find anything in the forum. Thanks!
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    @roy505
    Do you have a link for the announcement on Mephisto and the regen change? I can't seem to find anything in the forum. Thanks!
    Hes spotlight. Parth 5
    "Hey everybody,

Thank you to all of those that have pointed out that Mephisto's regeneration is based off of his Modified health (nodes, buffs, etc.). This should not be that case, as we have mentioned before that Regeneration is now meant to be based on the Base Health of the opponent.

We are currently working on a fix for this, and will have it out before the next series of Alliance Wars commences. We will also be updating the in game description of his abilities to be more clear, though this will happen with a later update of the game."

Posted by kabam miike
    link:- https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/151131#Comment_151131

page 5
    Kabam has got to stop listening to players who are not serious about this game and cry all the time a node turns hard for them.. nerfing because people started complaining.. just encouraging more people to cry out.. look at the state of AW as a result of all th
  • Jackie2CokesJackie2Cokes Posts: 199 ★★
    Timeout...they don't appear to be taking away his 10% regen per charge.

They're only scaling it back to base health vs. modified health. This has been the case for some time. The exact change that made Ultron a less than effective AWD.

Or am I missing something?
    edited October 2017

They're only scaling it back to base health vs. modified health. This has been the case for some time. The exact change that made Ultron a less than effective AWD.

Regen is not affected by the nodes in AW as they changed the % based regen to flat based regen.. earlier ultron was defined with regen of 25% while now its some flat value. As long as it is in % value, regen will change based on AW node and when regen is defined in terms of flat value, it becomes independent of AW node.. Now all that mephisto is useful for is in AQ..
  • roy505 wrote: »
    "Hey everybody,

Thank you to all of those that have pointed out that Mephisto's regeneration is based off of his Modified health (nodes, buffs, etc.). This should not be that case, as we have mentioned before that Regeneration is now meant to be based on the Base Health of the opponent.

We are currently working on a fix for this, and will have it out before the next series of Alliance Wars commences. We will also be updating the in game description of his abilities to be more clear, though this will happen with a later update of the game."

Posted by kabam miike
    link:- https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/151131#Comment_151131

page 5

Thanks for the link
  • Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235 ★★
    roy505 wrote: »
    Mana_Pot wrote: »
    This is why you don't jump on a champs bandwagon right away. Always best to wait before dumping resources into something new. That being said, it was blatantly stated in the past that regen champs aren't supposed to go by modified health. They changed that very thing because of champs like Ultron and Wolvie. Why would Mephisto be different? One of our alliance mates pulled a 5* Mephisto and put him as an AW boss. I watched the other team fight him a total of 23 times. The war ended with him at 90% (modified) health. That is absolute bs. They knocked him under 30% 7 or 8 times. Those complaining about him not going by modified health haven't likely had to actually fight one in that situation. It's great that he won us that war and all, but eventually everyone is gonna have to deal with that. It was cringe-worthy even from the winning side.

the post is not on how overpowered mephisto is in defence... it is on how the mistake was on kabams part as defining his regen in % for a long time after his release and not bothering to check if it was correct or not.. why should i get affected for that ? i played by what kabam said and kabam defined.. and now i have to be at loss because kabam suddenly changes their defenition ? what kind of logic is that ?

P.S their are ways to take him down.. just going and fighting without any strategy is what gives these 23 kills for a defender..

When Guillies heal reverse doesn't work, heal block doesn't work, he's invincible through the process, and the heal can't be interrupted, I don't see many "ways" other than basically killing him twice in one fight. Maybe you know something I don't? Hell the damn spectre soul boost made specifically for this event quest doesn't even work on him.
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 752 ★★★★
    I had pulled a 5 star mephisto and after going through his abilities, saw that his regen was 10% per charge.. like how regen was defined in the olden days.. plus he was tagged as a total AWD hero too.. so with this definition he was supposed to get regen based on the node he was put in war. that is a god tier definition and I used my 5 star mystic awakening gem i got from LoL on him. Now kabam has come up today with a statement saying that it was an error and they are going to change the regen back to flat value. Which means his value as an AWD has been lost to a great extent. How is this fair.. I dont want any compensation or has never cried for one, not even the resources i used to rank him up to rank 3, but I really need that 5 star awakening gem back as those are super rare to come by.. Help me guys..

@Kabam Miike

Just because it says 10%, doesn't mean it's based on the node. It's just 10% of base health. Not sure how you made the leap from 10% to 10% means off modified health. The rules are clear - war nodes don't work off modified health. It's your fault you used a gem and assumed a broken champ would be broken forever.
    You are trying to get compensation for your own mistake.
    Regen is not based on modified HP anymore. Even if the text has a flat value, it is still a % of base HP.
    Ultron for example. Even with the change to his text, he still regens 25% HP. Mephisto is the same thing. He only regens 10% of his base HP per charge

Doesn't matter what was stated long ago...here is the very description of his abilities of a champ they just came out with.

"When below 30% Health, each Persistent Soul Charge is consumed, Regenerating 10% of max Health per charge."

So either they blatantly lied about his ability or the didn't test properly enough to adhere to the regen rules they implemented. Either way, if they change from a 10% per charge value, that's just wrong.

"When below 30% Health, each Persistent Soul Charge is consumed, Regenerating 10% of max Health per charge."

I don't see the word "modified" in there (as in modified by aw nodes). Meaning yes, it's 10%, but 10% off the base health of the champ, since AW health modifiers no longer affect regen.
  • bdawg923 wrote: »

@Kabam Miike

Just because it says 10%, doesn't mean it's based on the node. It's just 10% of base health. Not sure how you made the leap from 10% to 10% means off modified health. The rules are clear - war nodes don't work off modified health. It's your fault you used a gem and assumed a broken champ would be broken forever.

Before you shoot the OP down, how about you read the rest of the posts and also the champion's info in game and from their spotlight? It clearly states 10% Max Health in the description. We all know what Kabam changed for regen in 12.0, but when they release brand new, "fully-tested" champions clearly stating 10% Max Health, how is that the player bases' fault?!

OP doesn't understand that a champ's regen as a % has nothing to do with AW defenders regen not being modified by health nodes. They're two separate things. He keeps saying it says 10% so therefore it has to be modified by the node. That's two separate issues. Once he understands that, he will stop his awakening gem crusade
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Regen is not based on modified HP anymore. Even if the text has a flat value, it is still a % of base HP.
    Ultron for example. Even with the change to his text, he still regens 25% HP. Mephisto is the same thing. He only regens 10% of his base HP per charge

See ultrons defeniton of regen now.. it shows a flat value and not a percentage based value of 25%

and for others.. the change of regen from % based to flat based was brought for the sole purpose of making regen independent of nodes.. i will take back all that i said if his regen is still going to be defined as 10% and not as a flat value. and for everyones info.. no champ who has regen has his or her regen defined in terms of % other than mephisto..
    bdawg923 wrote: »

Doesn't matter what was stated long ago...here is the very description of his abilities of a champ they just came out with.

So either they blatantly lied about his ability or the didn't test properly enough to adhere to the regen rules they implemented. Either way, if they change from a 10% per charge value, that's just wrong.

I don't see the word "modified" in there (as in modified by aw nodes). Meaning yes, it's 10%, but 10% off the base health of the champ, since AW health modifiers no longer affect regen.

10 % of max health.. it is out there clearly.. 10% of max health and not base health...

@Kabam Miike

Before you shoot the OP down, how about you read the rest of the posts and also the champion's info in game and from their spotlight? It clearly states 10% Max Health in the description. We all know what Kabam changed for regen in 12.0, but when they release brand new, "fully-tested" champions clearly stating 10% Max Health, how is that the player bases' fault?!

Because in AW, regen ignores nodes. You're conflating two issues.

The fact that it says 10% has nothing to do with how regen behaves in AW. Max health means max champion health. So Mephisto at 4/55 could have 20k health for example. Then each charge is 10% of 20k. Say during a fight I hurt mephisto and now he has 7k health left. The calculation for his regen is going to be 10% of max (20k) health, not 10% of his 7k. That's why it says max health.

Separate from this - AW regen ignores nodes. That has 0 to do with the above. So yes, he will regen 10% instead of a flat value of like 2000. But it doesn't mean he ignores AW regen rules.

I can't make it any clearer.

10 % of max health.. it is out there clearly.. 10% of max health and not base health...

Max health means the total amount of health a champion has. If Mephisto has 20k health at rank 3, it's 10% of 20k. If he's at rank 4 and has 23k health, it's 10% of 23k. That's what max health means. He will not suddenly ignore AW rules which state regen ignores any health nodes.
    eXtripa69 wrote: »

See ultrons defeniton of regen now.. it shows a flat value and not a percentage based value of 25%

and for others.. the change of regen from % based to flat based was brought for the sole purpose of making regen independent of nodes.. i will take back all that i said if his regen is still going to be defined as 10% and not as a flat value. and for everyones info.. no champ who has regen has his or her regen defined in terms of % other than mephisto..

Wrong. almost all % values were changed to flat values, not only regen.
    Ultron heals 25% HP with no masteries included. He doesn't heal 1k, 2k or 3k, he heals the exact amount of 25% of his HP, as it was before.
    So mephisto regens 10% HP for each charge