**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Arena Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    Yourek said:

"Arena matchmaking changes have been effective" Yea right :smile: 34 win-streak surprise

Not really can’t use r1 4 star in that arena.

• YourekYourek Posts: 11
    Gamer said:

Yourek said:

"Arena matchmaking changes have been effective" Yea right :smile: 34 win-streak surprise

Not really can’t use r1 4 star in that arena.

If r1 4 stars are allowed in this arena then matchmaking should work properly for them too. In my opinion there are some wrong values in their algorithm. If I'm wrong please correct me and accept my apologies :smile:

• BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★
    you have to rank those champs up man.. at least R3 ... I like to play it safe and use nothing less then a R5,4* for the 5* feature arena !
  • YourekYourek Posts: 11

you have to rank those champs up man.. at least R3 ... I like to play it safe and use nothing less then a R5,4* for the 5* feature arena !

Everything in it's time. I don't like to waste any champion when playing arena :) As I mentioned earlier - It was a surprise :) Like Bob Ross said: there are no mistakes, only little happy accidents :)
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Was there any response on how the AI in arenas parry all the time? Even from the first fight
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Searmenis said:

Was there any response on how the AI in arenas parry all the time? Even from the first fight

They’re aggressive as well evolving.
  • Arena grinding is a terrible way to get rewards.

1. It’s not based on skill: Kabam wants you to rank up all your champs otherwise you get death matches. But it takes YEARS to rank up enough champs. I want to use all my champs not just the ones I have resources to rank.
    2. Deathmatches: honestly, this is just instant stress. Why do this to your customers? Grinding is not to gain skill, it is for points. Resetting the bonus to 1x and regrinding 15 fights for decent points is a poor spend of my time.
    3. Add 6star champs in basic catalyst arena (aloha and T4bc). I need 7 T4bc to rank up my 6star but I can’t use a 6star champ in T4bc arena?!! This is outdated and needs to be fixed.

Kabam, we are talking quality of life. I cringe when I see T4bc arena come up because I need those resources but I know I need hours of stressful grinding to get them. Isn’t it better to keep your customers using their time more efficiently, getting the rewards, and moving on.

Arena grinding is a terrible way to get rewards.
  • Problem to solve NOW: deathmatches in arenas. For those who play arenas every week, is frustrating and exhausting to keep building up your win streak and finding impossible matches to fight.
  • DNA3000 said:

Problem to solve NOW: deathmatches in arenas. For those who play arenas every week, is frustrating and exhausting to keep building up your win streak and finding impossible matches to fight.

This is something Kabam is currently actively working on. In fact, they tested a mechanism to reduce those, but it had deleterious side effects that caused them to revert the change and work on a better solution. Those who play arenas every week would have noticed this happening a short while ago.
    wow, you're so clever. But I was already aware of that. This doesn't change the fact that it's taking quite long to solve a problem that it was supposed to be a solution.
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,612 ★★★★★
    Be patient then and wait for the fix to come
  • MarshMarloMarshMarlo Posts: 243 ★★★
    Cry if this is just happening for you. This is everyone's issue. And just like everyone, be patient
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★
    I thought this was gonna be about getting rid of the help system... I'm all in for that !!
  • DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Problem to solve NOW: deathmatches in arenas. For those who play arenas every week, is frustrating and exhausting to keep building up your win streak and finding impossible matches to fight.

This is something Kabam is currently actively working on. In fact, they tested a mechanism to reduce those, but it had deleterious side effects that caused them to revert the change and work on a better solution. Those who play arenas every week would have noticed this happening a short while ago.
    wow, you're so clever. But I was already aware of that. This doesn't change the fact that it's taking quite long to solve a problem that it was supposed to be a solution.
    Not clever enough to parse that last sentence.
    Nah that's not being clever. Not parsing a sentence from someone who's not speaking their mother tongue it's beyond intolerance and it's much worse. **** nzs
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I find zero impossible matches. Arena is the best its ever been as far as I can tell. I still don't love it but the streak is far less annoying to establish.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Not clever enough to parse that last sentence.
    Nah that's not being clever. Not parsing a sentence from someone who's not speaking their mother tongue it's beyond intolerance and it's much worse. **** nzs
    Gotta love rude reply guy throwing down the intolerance card lol.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

which arena you're grinding and what type of death-match you have faced? since Kabam resume the arena I seldom face that, despite there is still occasionally 6*r3 team happened when I used two 5*r2 bundled with one 5*r1. in general it is quite acceptable to me.
  • 6stringthing6stringthing Posts: 16
    Yep. Arenas are broke AF. Way more death matches. Impossible to keep a streak alive like before. I'm about to quit this broke @$$ $#!+.
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★

Yep. Arenas are broke AF. Way more death matches. Impossible to keep a streak alive like before. I'm about to quit this broke @$$ $#!+.

either trolling or you suck

Oh yes, and every opponent is a parry-stun ninja. I don't miss the turtling, but I've got better things to do than self inflict this arena brain damage.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    I'm usually the last one to point out skill, but that Match should be doable.
  • Yep. Arenas are broke AF. Way more death matches. Impossible to keep a streak alive like before. I'm about to quit this broke @$$ $#!+.

Not broke, this is exactly the way it was before.
    Opponent ranks basically move up 1 higher (among the 3 champs) relative to your ranks that you use, for every succeeding match until you hit 15.

At Streak=4 is basically equal ranks as yours, 3 matches later all 3 opponents will be 1 higher than your own, 3 matches past that they are all 2 ranks higher than yours. (on average). Until you hit a point where opponents have to use higher (but no mastery) imaginary Thanos/Kang teams in order to go above 6* r3.

So either you already play enough Arena that you already know this, or else this is new info for you (or anyone else first starting to do arena in-depth).

We’ll have to see what the eventual upcoming change will be like (as mentioned in Dev Diaries or future plans, first attempt at such a change was rolled back because didn’t turn out so good, but currently is same as was before).

This was my 1x matchup. Forking ridiculous.
  • Reference said:

which arena you're grinding and what type of death-match you have faced? since Kabam resume the arena I seldom face that, despite there is still occasionally 6*r3 team happened when I used two 5*r2 bundled with one 5*r1. in general it is quite acceptable to me.
    I completely tried everything, putting two champs with high PI and one lower, and several other combinations. But from fight 10 to 16 it doesn't matter what you throw in there, it's a havok, domino, doom, torch, etc. all maxed out and high sig. I can take them with my 6 top champs, but I cannot do three rounds of three fights (which seems to be the only solution), because you have to wait for 6 to 7 hours to bring them back. Eventually what I do is build up my streak everytime, which is frustrating because I know if you get over that 16th fight everything gets easy.

I've noticed in my alliance some are having this problem, some not. But considering cyber weekend is at the corner, they really messed up this. The only thing that really works is baiting specials, compared to how it used to work before, which is great.
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    Kabam is working on it lol. I didn't want to comment because u seem rude but whatever come at me with your feeble insults
  • Avenger_A1Avenger_A1 Posts: 240
    edited December 2020

Is it an improvement though?
    It's great below 15 wins, horrible after 15.
    So are we supposed to lose on purpose after 20 wins, get to 5 wins, and run our 5 and 6 stars, and reset at 15?

This fixes nothing, new players already had to do this.

Lost the 20th match in the T1A arena. It wasn't only the difficulty, the fights looked rigged. It was as if my inputs were triggers for the opponent to block/smack my champ. Looks like we're expected to spend more time grinding - that's what this is.
    Things are just worse now. I keep getting rigged matches/fights just before a milestone. If I won that fight I would reach the milestone, so the system makes sure I play another round of match-ups to reach that milestone. Rigs are so darned obvious. Also, the system makes you lose a series before you reach the rank rewards milestone to make you lose the multipler, so you now have to play a few more rounds to reach that. Incredibly, ridiculously, and very obviously manipulative. It's disgraceful.
  • Avenger_A1Avenger_A1 Posts: 240
    Since the last couple of days, the special button isn't registering the input randomly. I checked with my alliance members and it's the same with them (ones who responded) as well. Just happened yet again fighting the AQ boss. Anyone experiencing the same problem?