**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How did Human Torch become a Top Tier Science Champion?

2»

Comments

• MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

If people stop listening to content creators and start playing the champs themselves they’ll know if a champ is actually good or not. People gotta start having a mind of there own.

If I'm going to be testing out every champ they release I'll have to start loving in the game like BG. Not everyone has that luxury
    I’ve loved the new arena milestone thing, I like to test out the new champs a lot.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Lagacy showed some great content of HT gameplay, after that people kinda liked him but when Abyss came out people realized his potential which is massive, also he is great in act 6 and AW.
    DNA3000 said:

I don't think his reputation has changed dramatically recently, I think there's been a general trend upward on HT over time. But if anything has boosted his value relatively recently, it is the fact that the direction of future higher tier content has been to replace boosted attack and health values with exotic node combinations. HT can land a lot of debuffs which makes him good against things like Diss Track, and he can counter Miss which makes him good against things like Mix Master. The future of champion value is going to lean heavily on being able to counter situations like this, and bring strong utility value along with strong damage. HT is one of the stronger science champions that combine high damage potential and strong countering utility.

You see Colossus on a similar trajectory upward. Very hard hitting champ, but also has strong utility that makes him useful in more situations. He has a good set of immunities including rare ones like cold snap. He triggers a lot of buffs (good sometimes, not good other times). He's immune to armor break, and he has armor buffs that counter certain situations.

I think you mean Tunnel Vision not mix masher, Mix Masher is when you repeat 2 of the same basic attacks consecutively they will evade, and Tunnel Vision is when you perfom the same action twice in a row you get a falter on you missing an attack removes that falter.
  • BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

I not good other times). He's immune to armor break

I have actually very recently discovered in a arena matchup that colossus,is in fact,NOT totally immune to armor break. If you heavy intercept a heavy attack from colossus with CMM,he loses all his armor and is armor shattered

• abqberabqber Posts: 230 ★★
    BuffBeast said:

DNA3000 said:

I not good other times). He's immune to armor break

I have actually very recently discovered in a arena matchup that colossus,is in fact,NOT totally immune to armor break. If you heavy intercept a heavy attack from colossus with CMM,he loses all his armor and is armor shattered

That effect is simply called pulverized. Colossus is immune to armor shatter as well.
  • BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    edited November 2020

That effect is simply called pulverized. Colossus is immune to armor shatter as well.

Thanks for the correction
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Love my R5 Torch and didn't need a YouTuber to convince me. For those who don't like him, no skin off my back - do you're own thing. He's not a counter for everything, but he does a lot more than he gets credit for.

Every terrible mystic is a piece of cake with him - those Sasquatch side quests a couple months ago didn't matter. EbonyMaw - wrecked, Mojo - wrecked, Doom - wrecked, Magic -wrecked, Dragonman - wrecked, Tigra - wrecked, Dormammu - wrecked, Longshot - no problem, Iceman - no problem, KORG - no problem. That's not niche, that's an entire class and some other toughies to boot.

Cold snap immune, bonus! And nova flames with prefight, will solo most bosses or take them down a good chunk to finish off easily or any other tough fight. Serious heal reversal and power gain control too. Oh, and he is also great for diss-track and also has decent synergies with other top champ's - not game changers, but they make him that much better cause chances are you're using Claire, Doom, Thing, Medusa, Iceman or Mr Fantastic at times too.

I got max sig void and still took torch up to R5 while void stays at R4 (just got 5* CAIW and not planning on ranking him since I have these 2 and quake too). Would do the same for Torch again if given the chance. Straight up beast.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    I think a huge thing that benefitted the percevied value of Human Torch, was the content shifting towards niche counters. For a long time, Tier Lists were focusing on strong champs who could just demolish anything in it's path (Corvus, Ghost, Quake are all good examples). Eventually the content evolved to a point where it was no longer exclusively about bringing your A team to quests, it was about bringing specific counters to each and every path or each enemy on those paths. It became very evident that when questing teams had to be built this way, Human Torch was making the cut an at an incredibly high rate, a rate equal if not greater than many highly respected champions. He's might literally be the best champion for fighting every character in an entire class (particularly when the health pools get really high because of his ramp up). When you're considered niche and your niche covers that much ground in the contest and does it better than anyone else, you're a God Tier champion.
  • DrauglinDrauglin Posts: 182 ★★
    I slept on Torch forever but when he got a slight rework this summer he became a monster in my opinion. He is one of my go to champs.