Summoners, we are aware of an issue where the Summoner Sigil's Golden Circle Quest is not available to all players. We are continuing to investigate this. We will be sure to compensate for any missed Gold once we have fixed the issue.

Champion Spotlight - Hulk (Immortal)

Comments

• FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★

I think the last piece of the puzzle is to give the guy some utility when he ends his combo with a light attack.

Specifically during the cool down phase where I’m trying to not get my health back down.

A “Slow” or “Root” or something that gives him the ability to slow down the opponent and let the timer expire without using that 2nd medium which eats up health.

I think either this or make all energy damage play into his gamma radiation, not just Degen.
  • TelmaraelTelmarael Posts: 33
    Any utility added to the last light attack will make it useable in little to none cases, when, for example, you can not make the full combo (and there are plenty). Please, no. We already have some great champs crippled by that (stealthy, who can not slow evade champs cause they evade during his combo).

If he is to be buffed on offense, there needs to be an offensive way to reduce the cooldown of his immortality. Every X amount of points in rage reduces it by X second, every X hits reduces it by X seconds, every point in rage reduces the cd by X percent , something in that key.

If there is anything to be added to the light attack - it’s an ability to pause the rage stacks for a second or two so that you could safely backdraft with him (let’s all agree - that’s an ultimate aggressive playstyle). That could be added to the second light, so that he is not an “unexpectedly good omg nerf quick” champ for nodes like mix-master, but still much more manageable.

The threshold for effects based on the % of gamma radiation also need to be significantly revised, and their potency increased, somewhat similar to Prof X - easy to get, easy to keep. Otherwise they are redundant and more like a flavor text in the character sheet taking up space - there are a lot, and they do nothing. One good idea for the highest threshold might be: increase the duration of rage stacks by X%. Those are locked beyond the sig ability, right? And the lowest threshold should be the potent petrify effect, so that it is actually a viable piece of utility, coming into play early and staying there. This would make it a desirable awakened ability, encouraging people to get dupes of him and invest resources.
    edited November 2020
    Edit: the sig ability is pointless, because:
    1. The stun is erratic and there’s no time to change up your combo and use it
    2. Weakness debuff is supposed to make Hulk take less damage when blocking hits - and it doesn’t, as weakness is only applied after you’ve already taken chip damage from the attack (a good example of a somewhat similar mechanic is Storm X - she does take less damage into block quite frequently). Change it to a persistent weakness maybe? Goes quite well with petrify.
    3. You won’t be able to use petrify after the first fight as the overall amount of gamma radiation deteriorates from fight to fight.
    4. There needs to be a fourth threshold in the middle with one more debuff to make him an option for diss track or however you write that name.
    And if the thresholds are set to 15, 30, 45 and 60 radiation, you’ll be able to access all four for at least 2-3 fights, and the first three will be more reliable. The order would be: petrify, weakness, X debuff (exhaustion?), and then the increased timer on rage, as hulk wants to smash and gets angry the lower his health is.

And on the side note, the part where he loses 15 charges of gamma radiation to heal up makes an already risky champ even less sustainable, so if there’s no way you could remove it, it should at the very least be significantly reduced. He’s a health potion dump as is.
    Once you have petrify active (75 gamma radiation) and you inflict weakness over weakness, each debuff will lower regeneration and power rate. It turns negative quickly. If you add the SP2 while you have the petrify (not the sp3 one - just the 75 gamma threshold petrify) you will reverse regeneration quickly. The higher sig, the more you will proc weakness.

Once you have petrify active (75 gamma radiation) and you inflict weakness over weakness, each debuff will lower regeneration and power rate. It turns negative quickly. If you add the SP2 while you have the petrify (not the sp3 one - just the 75 gamma threshold petrify) you will reverse regeneration quickly. The higher sig, the more you will proc weakness.

Hyperion can still get to his sp3 by the time you get your petrify. Besides, as I have said multiple times, it’s unreliable- you only get it when you’re near the death’s door and about to reset the cycle, and can not keep it for longer than 1-2 fights, as his gamma radiation deteriorates, unless you dump potions into him. And weakness doesn’t lower the power passive power gain effectiveness, neither does
    Enervate on his sp2.
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,178 ★★★★★
    Been playing around with the 6* and I suggest some of the following:

-Refresh and gain rage each time the enemy evades. Unstoppable effects reset and pause duration of all rage stacks.

-If the crit rate is going to be 4%, just remove it altogether and let him get that utility of never critically striking. His damage doesn't rely on crits anyways.

-While Immortality is on cooldown, the direct damage from Rage stacks is 50%-75% less effective but does not inflict self-damage. (The damage while immortality is on cooldown is kind of lackluster - in endgame content where I am not building rage stacks for half the cooldown).

-Immortality cannot be affected by AAR or heal blocked.

-Rage stacks either need a slightly longer duration or the act of performing a medium attack only refreshes all rage stacks (actually landing the medium into the opponent will refresh and add a rage stack).

-SP1 needs a higher stun chance. I would like 100% but I would settle for a base of 75% and each stack of rage adds a flat 1%.

The following are flavor changes I just think would be interesting:

-Might be interesting if he becomes another Thorns type counter. The only self-damage upon physical hit that can affect Hulk is that of his own abilities.

-The enemy turtling in behind a block for 1.5 seconds causes Hulk to become enraged, becoming unblockable for 0.5 seconds and rage attacks cause the enemy to gain no power.

-I'll continue to campaign for a passive unstoppable to accompany the unblockable Immortality phase and for debuff duration reduction which increases as gamma radiation increases.

Thanks for already changing him a bit, I know everyone who loves Hulk really appreciated that. I'm just leaving this here as my feedback in case you guys ever decide to look at him soon ( :kissing_heart: ) or down the road.

I mean, I still enjoy the character immensely and will take him to R2 in a few weeks and then R3 when I get the resources simply because I'm a lifelong Hulk fan. While he's currently unique and interesting, he's just a few changes away from also being useful. It's just such a shame. So close, yet so far away :disappointed:
  • FarhadFarhad Posts: 1
    ;)
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★

Wow, just wow. Amazing job on Immortal Hulk to whoever worked on him, he’s absolutely mental. I was worried after all the talk I’ve been hearing about him being a real dud or needing a huge buff, but then this little video popped up on my feed and wow, I’m in, I’m all in. Lol I know what I’m doing with my Black Friday units, rngesus be with me.

Seriously though really awesome job on the suppression debuffs, such a sick combo with his play style. Absolutely love the direction the developers have been going by taking into account just how much a special 3 can kill a champions rotation along with any hope of having any “real practical” fun. Please keep this trend up with future champions and future reworks, a power control mechanic I believe champions like Phoenix and Elsa could possibly use.

Outside of the opponents gaining too much power during a damage rotation the next problem to solve is designing champions whose damage rotations aren’t destroyed by defensive ais. A problem I initially thought Hulk suffered from, but in my opinion, I think he’s actually fine in that regard, even before the little mini buff.

I’ve heard players suggest increasing the rage duration for Hulk to combat the problem of defensive ais, but I’d suggest instead to just give him more damage,. Let him deal out some crazier burst damage when he does let loose lol, but really the only improvement he could use is to bring down the cooldown on his immortality a little bit. It may be fine in simpler fights, but the more complex they become the bigger headache playing him will be. I really don’t think players can afford to dance around and stall in higher end game content, but I may be wrong. Please consider at the very least giving him a synergy that reduces it like Surfer has for his power cosmic.

Also a suggestion I’ve heard that sounds really good is to make him not immune to healblock or aar, but resistant, I really do believe this would be a beautiful compromise between the team and the community.

Another little thing he could use that I’ve heard is to increase the chance for his stuns to trigger during his immortality, maybe increase it the more gamma or rage he has, or it could be based on his health with it obviously maxing out during his immortality. It could also instead maybe be tied to the opponents power meter. When I first saw his signature ability I immediately thought of Loki, but was unfortunately deflated when I found just how much lower the chance for his stuns to trigger are compared to Loki’s. The duration on them are perfect, just wish they would trigger a little more often. Overall I really think players jumped the gun on judging him, but do please consider decreasing the cooldown time on his immortality.
  • TripleBTripleB Posts: 149
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit quick question on the ability that has to do with degeneration. It says all damage while he has a degeneration effect. Does this really mean all damage? Getting hit, bleeds, specials? Or is it solely the degeneration. Also, does this apply to all degeneration or does it only have to be a degeneration debuff?
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,568 ★★★★★
    TripleB said:

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit quick question on the ability that has to do with degeneration. It says all damage while he has a degeneration effect. Does this really mean all damage? Getting hit, bleeds, specials? Or is it solely the degeneration. Also, does this apply to all degeneration or does it only have to be a degeneration debuff?

It is 60% of degen damage stored as gamma
    @Crcrcrc if that’s true then wording needs to be fixed.
    edited November 2020
    Mike192 said:

The payoff for dancing at 1% HP should be at least 80% similar to CGRs damage. Without that, his current kit and damage output is underwhelming.

I agree just some small tweaks to some numbers and he would sit just right. I won’t make the arguement that he needs to hit as hard as CGR, but his immortality cooldown should be reduced a bit for sure and perphaps his stats should be boosted, maybe his critical rating or CDR, to increase the damage output. The difference beween him and CGR is that Hulk can heal which I think is something that’s really being underlooked, it’s ridiculous when played right, so it makes sense they didn’t want him hitting so hard, especially when he works so well with recoil.

From my own testing based off the video I posted, his damage rotation cycle is actually fairly long so you don’t have to dance around as much as I initially thought which is why reducing the cooldown would be huge. I do wish his rage paused or refreshed when hitting into the opponents block, atleast just for the 1st hit maybe. I think this would make him slightly more consistent against passive ais then just increasing the rage duration.

While on cooldown it’s relatively easy to reach 100 gamma once you hit his damage rotation cycle. You just need to leave a little bit of health for a parry or 2 by utilizing light ending combos. I will say though that I wouldn’t hate Kabam for giving him perfect block on parrys lol. You really don’t need to build much gamma through basic hits as most it comes from his main damage rotation cycle, you just have to focus on reaching that sweet spot where’s he’s low enough on health, but not too low. What you really want to aim for is to have his immortality be triggered by the self damage from chaining his specials during that cycle so you have access to his unblockable, before immortality or during his cooldown. Once you get around to 2 and a half bars of power, build some rage, med, med, parry, med, heavy and then just rip that damage cycle and you should heal with about 100 gamma charges worth of health when his cooldown ends. It really does cycle beautifully.

A thing that they could have done was locking his rage stacks after they cap like with Gulk, this would of given him a bit more legs, but it could also be a double edge sword as it’ll eat most of his health during his cooldown making him a little harder to control.

I really doubt they’ll tweak him anymore since at this point they’re probably aready into remaking his deep dive video, but fingers crossed.
    Something I forgot to mention is that because his kit heavily relies on managing his health, DOT just kills him, boxing him out of a lot of content. He really needs some resistance against debuffs or just DOT in general. You can play around it, but when coupled with being at the mercy of healblock and AAR, it really closes a lot of doors for him. At his core he does come off rather basic in this regard and impractical the more complex the fights get. I perfectly understand this being the main reason for the disappointment. Players shouldn’t have to worry about losing too much health from yourself while worrying about external damage from nodes, debuffs or champions ability. The reward for juggling all this should be higher in my opinion. This is his giant Achilles heel and for this reason, despite his amazing health, I believe his burst damage should be cranked up to end fights even faster before any outside damage gets him, if DOT resistance is too much to ask for.
    I wrote this in the forum but I feel merits here as well:

Honestly he’s pretty good now. If you play him correctly he’s pretty sustainable. I have the 5* and tried ROL at rank 3 sig 100 and he finished the hole thing no revives no potions. Meaning you can be really good with him and last forever if you play him right.

I’m cool down i would use MLLLL a lot, and it makes me wish that ending a combo in a L gives some utility. A slow mechanic or honestly, even a weakness would work. His petrify is VERY underrated and it’s because you also inflict weakness with full combos - meaning you reverse healing.

The smashing is awesome and times correctly he obliterates regeneration champs. Look at my video with the 4* R3 vs ROL Wolverine.

I used him in incursions and lasted forever. Ate up a bunch of Degen.

I believe two things are going on here.

1. The play style of this champ is something nobody has ever seen before. It causes people to play him and not maximize his kit

2. He’s incomplete. Add a mechanic to the end of a light combo and change the degeneration to include ALL energy damage or increase Degen to 70% (like Gulk) and now you’re talking. I would rank 5 him and would quest in AQ with him.

Overall he’s good. A new style of playing. I think the two items above make him undesirable.
    Lunae said:

Wow, just wow. Amazing job on Immortal Hulk to whoever worked on him, he’s absolutely mental. I was worried after all the talk I’ve been hearing about him being a real dud or needing a huge buff, but then this little video popped up on my feed and wow, I’m in, I’m all in. Lol I know what I’m doing with my Black Friday units, rngesus be with me.

Seriously though really awesome job on the suppression debuffs, such a sick combo with his play style. Absolutely love the direction the developers have been going by taking into account just how much a special 3 can kill a champions rotation along with any hope of having any “real practical” fun. Please keep this trend up with future champions and future reworks, a power control mechanic I believe champions like Phoenix and Elsa could possibly use.

Outside of the opponents gaining too much power during a damage rotation the next problem to solve is designing champions whose damage rotations aren’t destroyed by defensive ais. A problem I initially thought Hulk suffered from, but in my opinion, I think he’s actually fine in that regard, even before the little mini buff.

I’ve heard players suggest increasing the rage duration for Hulk to combat the problem of defensive ais, but I’d suggest instead to just give him more damage,. Let him deal out some crazier burst damage when he does let loose lol, but really the only improvement he could use is to bring down the cooldown on his immortality a little bit. It may be fine in simpler fights, but the more complex they become the bigger headache playing him will be. I really don’t think players can afford to dance around and stall in higher end game content, but I may be wrong. Please consider at the very least giving him a synergy that reduces it like Surfer has for his power cosmic.

Also a suggestion I’ve heard that sounds really good is to make him not immune to healblock or aar, but resistant, I really do believe this would be a beautiful compromise between the team and the community.

Another little thing he could use that I’ve heard is to increase the chance for his stuns to trigger during his immortality, maybe increase it the more gamma or rage he has, or it could be based on his health with it obviously maxing out during his immortality. It could also instead maybe be tied to the opponents power meter. When I first saw his signature ability I immediately thought of Loki, but was unfortunately deflated when I found just how much lower the chance for his stuns to trigger are compared to Loki’s. The duration on them are perfect, just wish they would trigger a little more often. Overall I really think players jumped the gun on judging him, but do please consider decreasing the cooldown time on his immortality.

Saying that he is good and then going on for two pages, practically suggesting to change his entire kit is misinformation. Please, don’t :D I just just wish kabam to stop taking such popular champions and then putting 1001 drawbacks to actually AWESOMELY designed concepts. Kudos to designers, boos and woos to those who had them put all the blocks in place... and again - please, rework! He is awesome, but too impractical for anything but auto-questing, and even then for 2-3 fights before you have to dump potions.
    Because I think he is good, but things can always be better. I could do the same with CGR, but that doesn’t suddenly devalue him as a champion. I still stand behind him being a well designed champion, but that’s entirely subjective. Going from 1% health back to near 100 isn’t something to scoff at. His damage rotation is solid, beautiful, satisfying, I love it. His suppression debuffs are ingenius. I love the way they solved the problem of designing a champion to be played super aggressive while getting around hitting an sp3 too quickly. It’s also awesome seeing them go from designing Silver Surfer or Phoenix who have that problem to Sasquatch, Dragon man and now IHulk. The problem is just always wanting more.

I think what players want to do is to stack up a bunch of rage and maintain that rage throughout the whole fight while they wail away with basic attacks, but I don’t think he was designed to be played that way. He’s a burst champion. While playing him you can go from 0 rage at the start of his damage rotation and end up with 25 by the time it’s over. The only part that sits bad with me is when the ai blocks instead of hitting into my parry, but even then it’s because I want 5 or more rage stacks instead of 3 before I start the rotation, but 3s all you need to hit 25. I just want more damage because it’s there and theoretically available, but that’s more my problem then the developers problem. In turn some players gripe isn’t even that, but that he’s too dependent on parrys and stuns, but so are other champions. Are those champions bad too? I can also sympathize with players who are critical about playing him at 1% because any DOT or even the Assassin mastery will end him and it’s a very valid concern, but every champion has their good and bad match ups. Do we suddenly make Quake immune to anti evade mechanics? I wouldn’t complain lol.

I’m happy with him, but I wouldn’t complain if he was improved. I’m just trying to help figure out ways in which he can be improved like everyone else because I enjoy it. The problem isn’t that he’s a bad champion, it’s just that apparently he’s not good enough for most people and I can relate to that. People swear up and down that Silver Surfer is a great champion, but I just can’t convince myself to believe it. Not when CGR is a champion and honestly I’ll even take IHulk as he is now over SS. Now I won’t go as far as saying he’s a bad champion or even badly designed, but I’d love for SS to be improved. Some people swear on Elsa or BWCV too, but they both have their critics as well.

If I could change him I’d refresh or pause his rage when hitting into the opponents block, give him some protection against DOT, healblock, AAR, the assassin mystery, reduce his cooldown timer, bump his prestige and increase the stun % on his sp1. I’d like these things, but without them I still enjoy him and even out of all these things the only one I really realistically want is a reduced cooldown time, which we’ll probably get through a synergy. I love Hulk so of course I want him to be Ghost or Doom level OP, but unfortunately not every champion is designed to be that way and in the end there’s really nothing that can be done because the designers are following their own vision for the game, not mine. As a result some will call him a dud and others will swear up and down that he isn’t and around it goes lol.
    edited November 2020
    I've been playing around a lot with my 6* in every chapter of Cav EQ where he can still be used despite the global nodes, and it's pretty frustrating. He's severely limited in content that isn't the perfect, unrealistic conditions of ROL.

Animations: I love his animations, I love how he feels like a monster, savage, and powerful, but his attacks can whiff like no other. I was checking to see how long I could dance around at 1% health against cav enemies, and I tried to special 2 intercept the enemy....my timing was perfect but iHulk managed to not hit the enemy. So, I ended up dying lol.

The name of the game with iHulk is be aggressive. All too often that's severely limited in actual content because either the enemy is turtling in the corner or they simply refuse to throw a special unless you spend a great deal of time baiting - both of which directly kills iHulk's potential. I think he would greatly benefit if he gained added effects based on enemy power bar level such as the following perhaps:

Enemy Reaches 1 Bar of Power: Rage stacks now fall off 1 at a time as opposed to all at once. They deplete at 1 stack per 0.2 or 0.5 seconds (whatever the number is to be balanced...he can even have a mechanic where the more rage stacks he has, the faster they fall off).

Enemy Reaches 2 Bars of Power: Light attacks place Armor Break Debuffs (max stacks: 3) reducing opponent's armor by 300 (or some balanced number) armor rating for 7 seconds (or some balanced number) each.

Enemy Reaches 3 Bars of Power: Rage attacks and special attacks drain the enemy of 5% power (this would act similar to Sasquatch's Wrath of Tarnaq mechanic and it would allow iHulk to be super aggressive in matches without added power gain).

I know I've already said it here, but I'm going to keep saying it with every post:

-Passive unstoppable to accompany the unblockable Immortality phase and for debuff duration reduction which increases as gamma radiation increases.

-Either Immortality cooldown needs to be reduced by about 15-20 seconds or it should be so Rage attacks suffer dealing decreased direct physical damage while also not dealing self-damage to iHulk during the cooldown phase.
    Has anyone who has him tried to NOT build up rage stacks immediately after he cool down?

If you get to 50 so you can inflict the stun, coast until the timer is over. Hit SP3s and gain gamma

You’ll literally last forever
    edited November 2020

Has anyone who has him tried to NOT build up rage stacks immediately after he cool down?

If you get to 50 so you can inflict the stun, coast until the timer is over. Hit SP3s and gain gamma

Yea, I actually almost never build up rage stacks until the cooldown is about 20-30 seconds long...unless I am just testing him out at 1% health for maximum uptime on his burst. Once the cooldown is at 20-30 seconds, I can play him normally because the cooldown is usually over or right about over by the time my big rotation is about to start.

I have the 6*, so I don't plan on having his signature anytime soon which means I don't have access to that stun chance at 25% gamma radiation or the weakness debuff at 50% gamma radiation. Once I enter cooldown, my go-to rotation has been to fire off an SP3 and then build up to my normal rotation of maximizing rage stacks, SP2, and then SP1. I'm never dancing around at 1% health unless I screw up big time in the rotation or there's outside nodes screwing with his playstyle. Depending on the fight, I usually end up anywhere from 75%-95% health or 1% health with enough gamma radiation to hit that 75%-95% health at the start of the next fight.

He does sustain pretty nicely if you are willing to sacrifice damage for a period of time.

Yea, I actually almost never build up rage stacks until the cooldown is about 20-30 seconds long...unless I am just testing him out at 1% health for maximum uptime on his burst. Once the cooldown is at 20-30 seconds, I can play him normally because the cooldown is usually over or right about over by the time my big rotation is about to start.

I have the 6*, so I don't plan on having his signature anytime soon which means I don't have access to that stun chance at 25% gamma radiation or the weakness debuff at 50% gamma radiation. Once I enter cooldown, my go-to rotation has been to fire off an SP3 and then build up to my normal rotation of maximizing rage stacks, SP2, and then SP1. I'm never dancing around at 1% health unless I screw up big time in the rotation or there's outside nodes screwing with his playstyle. Depending on the fight, I usually end up anywhere from 75%-95% health or 1% health with enough gamma radiation to hit that 75%-95% health at the start of the next fight.

He does sustain pretty nicely if you are willing to sacrifice damage for a period of time.
    You gotta play smart

Cool down - pretend Hulk doesn’t want to be bothered and wants to be left alone

Otherwise smash away
  • Paddy95Paddy95 Posts: 14

You gotta play smart

Otherwise smash away

But that’s not the point. He’s meant to be IMMORTAL HULK not I’ll hit you a bit then run away until I feel better hulk. The fact is that the highest damage cycle puts you on 1 health on the cusp of death for way too long. For a character that’s literally called immortal that seems like a pretty flaw to me
  • Paddy95Paddy95 Posts: 14

You gotta play smart

Otherwise smash away
    But that’s the point. He’s meant IMMORTAL HULK not I’ll hit a bit then run away till I feel better hulk. The fact is that his highest damage cycle leaves you on 1 health on the cusp of death for way too long. For a character literally called immortal, that seems to be a pretty flaw to me.

I think this would be ok(ish) if he had the highest damage in the game but hes nowhere that

If you build rage charges at 1 health while immortality is on cool down he will continue to gain radiation, allowing you to health to 100% once immortality is done cooling down. You don’t need to build to an sp3, don’t need to be passive, you can still have fun. Being passive is literally the opposite of any hulk ever, if he was he would become Bruce.