**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Cosmic Ghost Rider is already the best Cosmic Champion in the game and it's not even close

Comments

• KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

so, had a crack at v5 Punisher 2099 with a 5/50 VTD...

that is a crazy stupid amount of block damage

V5 attack values are extremely high, and paired with VTD’s terrible block proficiency and Punisher 2099’s unevadable special attacks, it’s not gonna be a friendly fight for him. I used my 6* VTD and ended at pretty low health.
  • the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 345 ★★★
    my comment was deleted idk how but here it is again - Cosmic ghost rider is not as great as you think at all. Only in the RIGHT SITUATION. The deep dive does not show his overall utility or his feasibility on normal everyday quests. So yeah hold your thoughts till the CCP gameplay videos come out , that is the deep dive according to me. The deep dive does not explore realistic situations.
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    HI_guys said:

None of your threads age well do they?

you do realize that when OP opened this thread CGR was already nerfed like showed in the picture, right? ^_^
    HI_guys said:

Faseeh said:

Thanks a lot kdsuperflash10. Not cool

I didn't cause the nerf you clowns, he was nerfed 10 days ago when the CCP beta just opened. Watch Lagacy's video before making assumptions ffs.
    Midnite93 said:

Let's see you were wrong about apocalypse let's hope you are right this time. How about red Goblin? I think he's a fun champ.

I like Red Goblin a lot, he's really cool. I think he's better than what CCP members are giving him credit for. Plus he's a combo of Green Goblin and Carnage so that's automatically awesome in my eyes.

my comment was deleted idk how but here it is again - Cosmic ghost rider is not as great as you think at all. Only in the RIGHT SITUATION. The deep dive does not show his overall utility or his feasibility on normal everyday quests. So yeah hold your thoughts till the CCP gameplay videos come out , that is the deep dive according to me. The deep dive does not explore realistic situations.

I actually can't argue with the deep dive part of your argument because they tend to find "perfect" nodes to showcase the champion and not realistic nodes.
  • FrnkieloFrnkielo Posts: 311 ★★
    I prefer hype ...corvus..captain marvel and cull over cosmic ghost rider..he’s great yea..Another great cosmic but shiny new champs always get hyped up..he’s just as good as the other god tier cosmics
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,745 ★★★★★

HI_guys said:

Faseeh said:

I didn't cause the nerf you clowns, he was nerfed 10 days ago when the CCP beta just opened. Watch Lagacy's video before making assumptions ffs.
    I'm dying
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,797 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Faseeh said:

You know, if you all watched the video, then you’d realize that this was a nerf that happened before this post, instead jumping to conclusions and looking the fools that you are
    so uh @Rookiie care to give those of us that don’t have a Cosmic Ghost Rider some insight on to how tricky/good he is?

so uh @Rookiie care to give those of us that don’t have a Cosmic Ghost Rider some insight on to how tricky/good he is?

I'm dying
    Quite a bit to remember but the damage is 👌🏽😂
    Rookiie said:

I'm dying
    so on the scale of 1-10, 10 being super complicated, 1 being a five hit combo until a special 2, where does he fall?

Rookiie said:

I'm dying
    so on the scale of 1-10, 10 being super complicated, 1 being a five hit combo until a special 2, where does he fall?
    Only tested him out in ROL and it's super easy to ramp him up there so 3.
    I need to test him on a Matador and Tunnel Vision node 🤔 I'll revisit this comment and let you know.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,826 ★★★★★
    I disagree I still think Hype is the best cosmic , at least without suicides. He’s the only one that doesnt have a catch.

Corvus - suicides/cosmic boosts. The first fight with him would suck, hence why hes not favored for large healthpools.

CMM - needs fury to be on par with the other cosmic gods, (hes a beast, but for situations where you cant bring him)

CGR - somewhat impractical since you cant dex after the sp3 and arguably the highest skillcap needed to play amongst the other cosmics.

Hype - no synergies needed, no difficulty/tedious rampup.

If you still disagree, just imagine Hyperion as a 6*
  • Warlord5386Warlord5386 Posts: 245 ★★
    I left this message in another comment thread but turns out it would be good here to so here it goes-

No offense but the reasoning behind people saying that his rotation is hard and his damage is "hindered" outside of RoL. He literally has access to 8 buffs and due to the fact that his buffs are not tied to only specials or only certain actions. This makes his rotation really versatile. For example consider doctor Doom. He has a fixed rotation but once you play with him you can Modify his rotation as per the player's needs and still get the damage. CGR is similar. His variety of buffs and his different ways to access those buffs enables him to still get his rotation done.

Moreover the main thing that is enabling him to do such high amounts of damage is his armour breaks and precision. Fury and aptitude are very potent but I'd argue armour breaks are the main thing to look for here. As long as he can place those armour breaks his damage will be great. If you don't believe watch lagacy's abyss video with CGR. Even in non ideal matchups especially abyss killmonger he is still able to dish out incredible amounts of damage. With Medusa her autoblock is hindering him but still lagacy was able to adapt to the given fight due to his understanding of the character. His block proficiency is the main assist which enables him to do his variations like doom. Also you should see in normal ( not particularly difficult paths) in act 6 the fight was over in one sp2 makes him one of the best path and quest clearers in general. ( Corvus is still the best path clearer lol).

In my opinion the difficulty to this champion comes in understanding the character. If one would follow an approach similar to how one learnt doom then that guy could get an idea why he's so good as he is. Just like doom firstly you need to master his basic rotation which can be done in RoL. And slowly you would gain a basic understanding of the character which would help you in altering his playstyle to his needs. I get that he's quite hectic to play due to plenty of things to keep track off like his buff and debuff timers, number of judgements, power meters etc. But that is the skill you would require to get the best out of him and imo it would be worth it. He is balanced in the sense that he requires a certain skill level and time dedicated to this character to get the best out of him.

As one of my fellow summoner mentioned his immunity to bleed and incinerate makes him quite good for caltrops, biohazard , freezer burn , back blast etc. He may also has other uses which we may not know of as of now due to just how new he is. Yes he's not an evade counter. Yes he's not able to do anything in armour break immune matchups , tunnel vision etc. And mystic champions can easily be a nuisance to this guy including nodes which hinder his ability to gain buffs , but still he's awesome. He has insane damage , and bits of utility ( not crazy ,but not lacking either) so yes he's "beyond god tier" in my opinion due to these reasons.

I know it's a long post. But it's my own opinion about him and I am free to get any feedback from my fellow summoners.
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★

I left this message in another comment thread but turns out it would be good here to so here it goes-

No offense but the reasoning behind people saying that his rotation is hard and his damage is "hindered" outside of RoL. He literally has access to 8 buffs and due to the fact that his buffs are not tied to only specials or only certain actions. This makes his rotation really versatile. For example consider doctor Doom. He has a fixed rotation but once you play with him you can Modify his rotation as per the player's needs and still get the damage. CGR is similar. His variety of buffs and his different ways to access those buffs enables him to still get his rotation done.

Moreover the main thing that is enabling him to do such high amounts of damage is his armour breaks and precision. Fury and aptitude are very potent but I'd argue armour breaks are the main thing to look for here. As long as he can place those armour breaks his damage will be great. If you don't believe watch lagacy's abyss video with CGR. Even in non ideal matchups especially abyss killmonger he is still able to dish out incredible amounts of damage. With Medusa her autoblock is hindering him but still lagacy was able to adapt to the given fight due to his understanding of the character. His block proficiency is the main assist which enables him to do his variations like doom. Also you should see in normal ( not particularly difficult paths) in act 6 the fight was over in one sp2 makes him one of the best path and quest clearers in general. ( Corvus is still the best path clearer lol).

In my opinion the difficulty to this champion comes in understanding the character. If one would follow an approach similar to how one learnt doom then that guy could get an idea why he's so good as he is. Just like doom firstly you need to master his basic rotation which can be done in RoL. And slowly you would gain a basic understanding of the character which would help you in altering his playstyle to his needs. I get that he's quite hectic to play due to plenty of things to keep track off like his buff and debuff timers, number of judgements, power meters etc. But that is the skill you would require to get the best out of him and imo it would be worth it. He is balanced in the sense that he requires a certain skill level and time dedicated to this character to get the best out of him.

As one of my fellow summoner mentioned his immunity to bleed and incinerate makes him quite good for caltrops, biohazard , freezer burn , back blast etc. He may also has other uses which we may not know of as of now due to just how new he is. Yes he's not an evade counter. Yes he's not able to do anything in armour break immune matchups , tunnel vision etc. And mystic champions can easily be a nuisance to this guy including nodes which hinder his ability to gain buffs , but still he's awesome. He has insane damage , and bits of utility ( not crazy ,but not lacking either) so yes he's "beyond god tier" in my opinion due to these reasons.

I know it's a long post. But it's my own opinion about him and I am free to get any feedback from my fellow summoners.

There is no doubt he is good and all, I think its just that this post was made when the deep dive came out so we had no idea what he was like to play. hence the concern about his rotation might be limiting.

Rookiie said:

I'm dying
    https://youtu.be/9ALGa3FfdUo
    Here's your answer @SpideyFunko complexity is 3 getting to SP3 and all is a bonus at this point
    Thank you @TheKiryu that's a really effective and practical rotation
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,170 ★★★★★
    I have mine at rank 4 and really like it. I don’t sweat the dexxing so much, or the special 3. I parry/heavy, parry/combo ending in light, parry/combo ending in medium into special 2. Repeat. Taking him to rank 5 in two weeks.
  • DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★

lol people said the same garbage about cull when he came out, and spoiler, CGR ain't corvus

@danielmath There’s several key differences between Cull and CGR. Cull has low block proficiency while CGR has block proficiency that is higher than Doom’s. Cull can only access his huge damage for a short period of time before a cool down, not to mention he has to hit block and spam heavy to access said huge damage. On top of all of that, CGR has so much more utility than Cull. Corvus is not make all break all, and personally I see CGR as far above Corvus (Same with Hype).
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★

lol people said the same garbage about cull when he came out, and spoiler, CGR ain't corvus

@danielmath There’s several key differences between Cull and CGR. Cull has low block proficiency while CGR has block proficiency that is higher than Doom’s. Cull can only access his huge damage for a short period of time before a cool down, not to mention he has to hit block and spam heavy to access said huge damage. On top of all of that, CGR has so much more utility than Cull. Corvus is not make all break all, and personally I see CGR as far above Corvus (Same with Hype).
    Far above corvus? 😂
  • DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★

Far above corvus? 😂
    Yes, far above Corvus. Corvus requires ramp
    Up and suicides in order to be a great champion in endgame content such as 6.4. Even then, after ramp up his damage is similar if not lower than CGR’s as well as his damage being limited to his charges. I know you can still deal damage after losing all your charges but why worry about that when you can just hit damage cap mediums and huge sp2s? Corvus has triple ‘immunity’ which is quite useful I will admit. The main issue with his immunities is that his shock immunity does not apply to passive shocks, rendering him useless against those types of nodes. Corvus also has cheat death, which I’ll admit again is a big point in his favor. Still, I would use CGR over Corvus. Why worry about ramp up and charges when you can access all of your damage right from the start as well as enormous power gain and such?