**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

CGR Vs Hyperion!

TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
edited February 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Hello There! This thread is inspired by @War_Bird and @Kill_Grey on the KD thread and I want an answer who do you think is better CGR or Hyperion both are incredible champs but only one Can win.........

CGR Vs Hyperion! 253 votes

CGR is Better
40%
BitterSteelDisbanded_pens2nd_slingshotyossAlex13369Solrac_2SungjLvernon15Mhd20034CliffordcanKabiraz77Baseballguy711NaughtyneoTheHoodedDormammuBradencoyrcm2017RisengawThe_Blue_JaguarDiksh61910or_Strong 102 votes
Hyperion is Better
59%
FrnkieloHaji_SaabHorror_punkTheManMythLegendbuffajrLuciusVorenusF4k3_GaM3rDREWRN1Darkrider05WaynedavyNojokejaymThatGuyYouSaw235Hammerbro_64RahultripathiWorknprogressRbk19BrokenWarlord5386simolazJumptheshark 151 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Hyperion is Better
    Rookiie said:

Kill_Grey said:

I feel this thread should probably have been made at least 6 months in the future when CGR is more in circulation, because he's far from the basics as of now.

In that time, most users will see the value in CGR but will also appreciate Hyperion even more. He's a timeless champion with an extremely rewarding and OP playstyle. Power Gain and Fury into oblivion.
    Which further solidifies my point.
    Hyperion is Better

Hyperion has the unique ability to stand there and repeatedly special intercept without hitting this opponent. This alone puts him far ahead in endgame content.

But I notice the first hit of his SP 1 whiffing against big champs like infinity Thanos at times. Wanted to post it in the bugs section, but kept forgetting.
    Hyperion is Better
    Btw, here's a pro tip for Hyperion players: You can actually combo a special 1 into a heavy attack. It's either the opponent dashes forward after the special and gets hit with the whole heavy attack. Or they stand there, Hyperion misses the first hit, then the remaining heavy hits connect. After that, you can chain heavies to your heart's content.

Btw, only works when they're against the wall and don't have a bar of power, obviously.
    Take note, might not work perfectly against champs that have quick stand-up animations like VTD and g99. Do not try to heavy chain with Hype against VTD, or you'll get ruined. Works perfectly against every other champ, and makes him completely bypass stun immunity or limber as in labyrinth because of how consistently you can spam specials. So yeah, LoL path clearer right there! Soloed red hulk in there I'm like 4 minutes with this strat.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    Hyperion is Better
    Kill_Grey said:

Hyperion has the unique ability to stand there and repeatedly special intercept without hitting this opponent. This alone puts him far ahead in endgame content.

But I notice the first hit of his SP 1 whiffing against big champs like infinity Thanos at times. Wanted to post it in the bugs section, but kept forgetting.
    Have you tried going for a “deep dex”? Like a last second dex? I use Hype a ton on my mini(4/55), and I’ve found that allows his first hit to have the correct distance. Hope that helps @Kill_Grey.
  • Hyperion is Better
    Hype is better but CGR is a 6*
    edited November 2020
    Hyperion is Better

Kill_Grey said:

Have you tried going for a “deep dex”? Like a last second dex? I use Hype a ton on my mini(4/55), and I’ve found that allows his first hit to have the correct distance. Hope that helps @Kill_Grey.
    Well, I've noticed that delaying my dex enough for the opponent to begin another combo hit makes the special guaranteed to hit such an opponent. An early dex might be risky instead.

Edit: Now I understand your comment, and yes, I do so. But against like 98% of other champs, it doesn't matter how much you delay your dex or otherwise, cuz the special is guaranteed to hit them.
    Hyperion is Better
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Well, I've noticed that delaying my dex enough for the opponent to begin another combo hit makes the special guaranteed to hit such an opponent. An early dex might be risky instead.

Edit: Now I understand your comment, and yes, I do so. But against like 98% of other champs, it doesn't matter how much you delay your dex or otherwise, cuz the special is guaranteed to hit them.
    Yeah, true. I think that applies to other champs as well because of the size.
    Hyperion is Better

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

But nevertheless, the way to eliminate the problem altogether is to not even dash back, and actually intercept the opponent's dash with the SP 1. It's much riskier as in the situation where your device doesn't even realize you're pressing the special button lol.
    Hyperion is Better
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

But nevertheless, the way to eliminate the problem altogether is to not even dash back, and actually intercept the opponent's dash with the SP 1. It's much riskier as in the situation where your device doesn't even realize you're pressing the special button lol.
    Yeah. Another one that comes to mind is ghost without wasp sp2 vs some xl people.
    Hyperion is Better

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Yeah. Another one that comes to mind is ghost without wasp sp2 vs some xl people.
    Huh, haven't noticed that one yet. Nowadays, I just parry before going for specials with ghost because of the weird AI tendencies. I don't run her with synergies, lol.