**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Best War Defender

TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
edited November 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Let’s settle this once and for all. I would make a poll, but people are going to have so many different opinions that there are so many good options. So my list has come down down to these: Havok, IMIW, Korg, Magik, Nightcrawler, Omega, Doom, Hyperion, Awakened NF, and M.O.D.O.K. Any thoughts?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

all depends on the defense tactic BUT if you're in a tier without them, i'd say Korg

Yea I mean regardless of node or defense tactic or what champs you have to counter them. Just the best raw defender
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    My bane used to be stun immune modok, but I have Nick now, so...

Imo it’s annihilus. Just so ridiculously annoying.

He is really annoying. The unstoppable and the not being able to parry is not very fun. If you have willpower, the obliterate will just heal you for days
    Kill_Grey said:

I thought he only counters evade? Does he also have an auto-block counter?
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

Nick inflicts bleed when he hits into autoblock and is also stun immune hitting into autoblock.

Kill_Grey said:

Unblockable at 15+ charges, and can be kept throughout the fight. No a sliver of worry about autoblock. Just have your SP 1 dexes on point lol
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    imo Annihilus, he's just so annoying to fight

All of the other "hard" defenders I can counter relatively well but Annihilus is always just so annoying to fight
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I cannot fight Korg at all. Annihilus is actually kinda fun for me to fight

All of the other "hard" defenders I can counter relatively well but Annihilus is always just so annoying to fight

You need a sorcerer supreme sent your way, my dude. You'll pray to get annihilus with her.

So far, the best AW defender is Kabam servers.

And freezing issues 😜
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
    Anyone I can’t fight with Quake, Venom, Warlock or Doom
  • IRQIRQ Posts: 304 ★★
    Hate both Korg and NF the most, though my recent 6* Namor kinda mitigates both problems, especially if I manage to wake him up soon.

Pretty surprised Thing isn't on the list.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

Let’s settle this once and for all. I would make a poll, but people are going to have so many different opinions that there are so many good options. So my list has come down down to these: Havok, IMIW, Korg, Magik, Nightcrawler, Omega, Doom, Hyperion, Awakened NF, and M.O.D.O.K. Any thoughts?

Where is Domino, Invisible Woman or Annihilus?
    According to Kabam aw stats these were top tier defenders, at least till recently.
    Greekhit said:

Where is Domino, Invisible Woman or Annihilus?
    According to Kabam aw stats these were top tier defenders, at least till recently.
    Domino isn’t the worst, and is only good awakened. Invisible woman isn’t that hard. Annihilate can be easily countered if you have skill, and can even benefit you if you have willpower
    IRQ said:

Hate both Korg and NF the most, though my recent 6* Namor kinda mitigates both problems, especially if I manage to wake him up soon.

Pretty surprised Thing isn't on the list.

You’re right, I totally forgot about thing. Maybe the best defender in the game
  • TrashPanda12TrashPanda12 Posts: 531 ★★★
    Annihilus is the only one I have a problem with. I can seriously dodge dooms sp2 and korg sp1 100% of the time but annihilus is just such a pain.
    Kill_Grey said:

You need a sorcerer supreme sent your way, my dude. You'll pray to get annihilus with her.
    Lol I really want one

Annihilus is definitely annoying, but any nullify champ just turns of his cosmic rod ability and shuts him down.
    True, I actually do like using Sym Supreme vs Annihilus, it's just his wonky L1, unstoppable, and L2 that make him annoying for me, and that you sometimes can't parry him.

I cannot fight Korg at all. Annihilus is actually kinda fun for me to fight

What about Silver Surfer? 🏄‍♂️
  • ShepShep Posts: 145
    Top 5 are Thing, Korg, Sasquatch,Domino and Aarkus. But its still all Relative to matchups
  • ABOMBABOMB Posts: 564 ★★★
    edited November 2020

Luv placing this guy on D!🤣
  • ABOMBABOMB Posts: 564 ★★★
    Korg, IMIW, Domino, Ebony Maw, Modok, Havok, and Annihilus..can't stand battling them! Especially on certain nodes.

Kill_Grey said:

unrelated side note, did you know if you fire off MODOK’s sp1 while Nick is regenerating all of his health you’ll kill him?
    Yup. That's why I "die" to modok by purposely eating a heavy attack and letting the incinerates tick the health off while modok isn't at a bar of power. Another reason why is because it gives Nick 17 charges after the 2 level 1, and if you mistime a special 1 evade from modok, you'll be up to 19 instead of losing the charges altogether.