**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Dodging special attacks

RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★
edited November 2020 in Strategy and Tips
I haven't seen a list that describes how specials attacks from several champions look like, so I thought before, why don't I make it, it will always have value especially with Root now coming up and so here's a sneak peek: (Please don't judge me too hard, it is VERY difficult to distinguish whether an attack is followed quickly or not so quickly by another and yes I probably have made a bunch of mistakes)

I've been busy with this for over 3 months now on-off.

Any commentary is welcome :)

Edit-: By the way, it is subjective which special is easier to evade, but often when it is close I take the higher one (SP2) because then 'you have more room to punch your opponent'

Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    Thanks for the info 😁
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    this is super cool!
  • RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★
    Made some changes in the text so I'll say them here too:

-Archangel: SP1 D,PP,P (You can dex the first two projectiles at the same time right before the first one would hit you, but if you're playing safe, only dex the last one)

-Carnage SP1 has to have 2 exclamation points, my bad.

-Beast: SP1 has 2 hits: D//D

-Captain Marvel Classic: After SP1, don't immediately attack, wait until she drops a little bit, otherwise your first hit will whiff (idk if this is the correct term?-or just miss/won't hit her)

-Domino SP1: if you use a skill champion, you can't dex the projectile. (when you have the Unlucky passive)
    H next;

edited November 2020
    Some bosses:

Overall maybe all champions would be good for the GM fight as long as you play well. (I'm not there yet so everything about this fight is based on other sources.)

This is perfect. I'm slightly ashamed to say that I still can't dex Cyclop's beams, so I'm going to try this guide out. Great stuff man, please keep it coming for us less experienced players.

Thank you! And you're really welcome, did this originally to help out my allymates and myself but I thought I could spread the word out more because this is indeed more valuable to the less experienced players and I've heard a lot of complaints about not being able to remember all specials and heavies from the vast pool of characters.
    edited November 2020
    I,J,K below

• MadTing123MadTing123 Posts: 118
    I think it's really cool, Youve OUTDONE yourself dude!!!
    edited November 2020
    L and first part of M

Most hits (A-M): [Good for Breakthrough node]

SP1: Dragon Man(?), Joe Fixit 8, Agent Venom 8, Falcon 8 (Cable, Carnage 7)
    SP2: Medusa 10, Apocalypse(?) (G2099 9, Howard The Duck 9, BWCV 8)

edited November 2020
    RaviDavi said:

Made something counting heavy attack hits, credits to McocTrucos for the photographs, I used it so there would not be a very long list and just an easy way to quickly find it via their pic (Guess y'all know who who is right): + Some characters like Falcon have been buffed in the meantime, and don't take the tier list too seriously

For the ones that don't have a picture below:
    (If these are wrong, sorry, I don't have them/it is just on sight)

Red Goblin 2
    Cosmic Ghost Rider 1
    iAbom 1
    iHulk 2

You can combine the info on this chart with the info of the special attacks from champions:

Those who don't know it yet: if you max out the Stupefy mastery, you can perform the following combo as long as you meet the next requirements:
    1) The champ you use has at least 2 hits on the Heavy attack (Not: Doctor Doom, BWCV..)
    2) There must be a short to long interval between the first and second (or second and third) hit (Not: Guardian..)
    3) You must have SP1 or SP2 (or SP3) ready before you would have hit all hits on the Heavy attack

Combo: Parry-M-H°-SP [°One hit less than the max. amount]

Useful for (some examples given): Wasp, IMIW, Cap IW, Colossus
    edited November 2020
    Rest of M, N, O, P and Q below

(Edit: Mole Man might shrug off Slow so still: be careful)
    Edits:

-Morningstar: SP2 is unblockable with 3 Souls and more
    -Korg SP1, Crossbones SP2, Punisher SP1: all D,FP,FP,FP

Below: R and a part of S

To the person desperate to disagree with me, going as far as back to October,

I truly hope you can make something out of your day and I'm sorry that you don't agree with anything I say.

It is a bit weird to get 200% more disagrees in one morning than in almost 2 months all of a sudden but okay ^.^
    edited December 2020
    Last addition for now!
    I'm happy to say I've (kind of) completed the list, there are only a couple gaps left. Maybe I will fill those in later.

Edits:

(F)P means FP if activated close and P if activated far away

Kingpin SP1 3 hits confirmed
    Daredevil (H.K.) - (SP1) <7> all D (split into 4hits+3hits) - (SP2) 3 hits all D [Best to dodge is SP2]
    DDHK Heavy still 2 hits but a little more time in between both hits compared to before.

+ Rest of S,T,U,V,W and Y here :)

Thank y'all for the support!! I'm glad to have been able to help.
    Don't think this is the end, I've got some more helpful stuff up my sleeve, but those will be made in another thread.

Peace out ^.^
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Nice job, bro! Not sure why this thread got moved to the abyss of the forums, but it surely needs more attention and appreciation for all your hard work!
    Aegon: SP2 <4> all D
    Civil Warrior: -SP2 (3) D,D,D
    -(I have a weird feeling SP1 does 1 hit if you use him as attacker but misses out on his second hit, because as defender if you hit him a few moments after his shield's in the ground he can still hit you; so SP1 <2??>)
    Mole Man: !SP2!
    Hela: SP1 P//PP & SP2 P//PP//P (not immediately after the previous one(s))
    iAbom: (SP2) <4> all 'FP' (split into 1+3)
    Proxima Midnight: FP instead of P in SP1: you don't have the time to wait until it hits, it's either dodge, block or get hit.
    SP2 <4> BB//D//D (or BB,D//D)
    Iceman: 1st SP2 hit changed from D to FP
    Both Cyclopses: SP2 has 3xD,BBB

Special attacks with 2 projectiles to dodge in one swipe:

-Archangel SP1
    -Doctor Octopus SP2
    -Hela both SP
    -Sorcerer Supreme SP1

If you want to see the tidy version (and ALL other tips and tricks threads that I've made with this being the first one (Hoorayy)) join my Discord server: https://discord.gg/7P5z9mPVVV

I'll add every new thread/list on there so you won't miss out on anything ^.^
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Help I’m dumb and I don’t understand your notation. Translation pls?
    edited January 2021

Help I’m dumb and I don’t understand your notation. Translation pls?

You're not dumb, it's not easy to understand, I get that. That's why I'll give you very easy examples for each category:

B: Doctor Doom SP1 (beams), Iron Man SP1, Iron Patriot SP1
    FP: Winter Soldier SP1 (bullets), Elsa Bloodstone SP1 (rounds)
    D : Luke Cage, Ghost, Night Thrasher SP2, G2099 SP2
    P: Sorcerer Supreme SP1, Scarlet Witch SP1
    O: Emma Frost, Groot SP2 (either B or FP but it's difficult to distinguish compared to other champs' attacks)

(Got the Key up there too in case you haven't read that)

I made the difference between B and FP because of the thread about Torch.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Ah okay I must have skimmed over that. Very interesting and detailed write up!
    Updated with some new champs:

(The info about Odin and Mangog isn't complete yet, didn't have enough chances to check it all out perfectly.)

NB: Notice how it's better to bait SP1 + I may have made a mistake somewhere about Ronin's stats. Will be looking at it again later.
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,373 ★★★★★
    Insightful
    Update:

War Machine SP1 5xFP instead of all P
    Ronin: SP1 1st hit P instead of D
    Psycho-Man: !SP1! (can be unblockable)
    Hulkbuster - (!SP1!) <1> !D! (wide range!) - (!SP2!) <4> !D!//3xB (Only the D attack is unblockable, the beams from SP2 are not)
    Iron Fist - (SP1) 3hits instead of 1
    Sabretooth D,D,D (instead of 3xD)

(Hela: Heavy attack: 2 hits instead of one, both close range)

I started watching the timing between special attacks, it'll take a HUGE amount of time to process it xD. (This will be included in an upcoming video.)

To view the updated, tidy list: check
    I can't copy paste everything from Discord in one text here because the Bold function works differently and it would take even more time to manually edit it.
    Hi there! I found another interesting thing to investigate, more specific the relative amount of damage from each hit on multi-attack special attacks. Here a preview (of the spreadsheet I'm working in):

In the future I'd like to create summarized overviews of a few champs with all info* I gathered so far :)

1) Attack types
    2) Number of attacks
    3) Timing between attacks
    4) Unblockables
    5) Relative damage
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,989 ★★★★★
    This thread is bookmark worthy, really informative stuff OP, great work.
    Decided to try something with Paint and it looked better than what I'd hoped ^.^

Here my first (and almost completed) summary.

For the Elsa haters, I made this one first because I simply had the most info available of her right now.