**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

In game download. Frustrating!!

Does anyone else find this in game download after every update, be it major or minor update frustrating? It's one thing to have to download some content after a major update but downloading the same content over again after a minor bug fix update feels like a sick joke. Whats the excuse this time KABAM?

Comments

• JuggerneyksJuggerneyks Posts: 275 ★★
    edited October 2017
    yea, not to happy about it, something that took 2 mins on the app store now takes 30-45 min dl time in app
  • PurveyorPurveyor Posts: 201 ★★
    edited October 2017
    vi7n7bc8sr72.jpeg

Really that is only like 5 days. It just seems long in that context.
  • luffy_91luffy_91 Posts: 27
    The download through the app store was fast. This stupid in game update takes 30 minutes everytime unless you interrupt it and start over again. At that point it takes "only" 7 minutes.
    What the hell!!! again, the update through the app store at most took 2 minutes even when it was a major update.

Yeah, the download through app store was fast. But now no matter how fast your internet connection is it will take 20 to 30 minutes.
  • JohnPaulBusuJohnPaulBusu Posts: 85
    edited October 2017
    The downloading from the app is a bad idea overall. Points that strenghten this arguement are that Android users have to redownload the data everytime they restart the game since many Android phone optimise your phone automatically and cannot be disabled or exclude apps from it. Also as more updates come out the downloads will just get longer and longer due to the amount of mb that needs to be downloaded in the app rather then from the store
  • luffy_91luffy_91 Posts: 27
    BearHugger wrote: »
    The downloading from the app is a bad idea overall. Points that strenghten this arguement are that Android users have to redownload the data everytime they restart the game since many Android phone optimise your phone automatically and cannot be disabled or exclude apps from it. Also as more updates come out the downloads will just get longer and longer due to the amount of mb that needs to be downloaded in the app rather then from the store
    Agreed that optimization in many cases would lead to the game being redownloaded every time it's opened, but that's not what i am trying to convey here. My issue here is that the same amount of data us being redownloaded after any and all update. For example there was an in game download of about 500mb when the monthly event Blades was added. After that there wasn't any prompt for any in game download untill the current 25mb bug fix update. After updating the 25mb on app store i had to again download about 500mb in game content and that is what bugs me. After every updated we are prompted to download the same 500 or so mb data which is frustrating.
  • f7kmest2c8i5.png
    For every "bug fix" I have to download the hole game again. It's just so frustrating becouse I can't use my phone to do something else, just have to wait ages till it finishes :(:(
    This game really sucks!!
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    Where do you guys live that it takes 20 min to download 500 mbs? That sucks!!
  • Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    The old way we used to download through play store was more efficent because downloaded in the background. We could play the game, until complete.. Now if gets interupted, it starts over. So i have to keep refreshing..
  • DHCVoLtDHCVoLt Posts: 266
    danielmath wrote: »

It’s not about where we live. Happened to me for the first time today after the game usually being smooth for me and fast loading.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    DHCVoLt wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »

It’s not about where we live. Happened to me for the first time today after the game usually being smooth for me and fast loading.

I mean after you download from the app store you have to do the 1 time in game download that's 500 mbs, which should take a minute or two with normal internet
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    That is the Update. We get them through the game now. I'm assuming the shell is what we download with the App Store now, and the Update is downloaded in-game. If it keeps happening everytime, that's a separate issue.
  • ralmadaralmada Posts: 191
    On demand download method is a **** with any program, except for operating systems and protection softwares.
  • NikskiniNikskini Posts: 237
    If kabam want us to download additional data with every update they should let us download it through playstore/appstore instead of ingame
  • hi guys had the same problem of regular downloads of about 500mb. a temporary fix I did was that I stopped clearing cached memory on my phone and as long as I don't clear cache I would not need to download the 500mb after I exit the game.
  • weapon_xtreme83weapon_xtreme83 Posts: 110
    I really don't get the frustration with this, even if it's 20 minutes. Get up and do something else and come back to the game, but understand that they add stuff every month, and a lot of stuff. There's legitimate things to complain about, having to wait a little bit for new content is definitely not one of them.
  • tuposacptuposacp Posts: 165
    I really don't get the frustration with this, even if it's 20 minutes. Get up and do something else and come back to the game, but understand that they add stuff every month, and a lot of stuff. There's legitimate things to complain about, having to wait a little bit for new content is definitely not one of them.

It is an issue, sometimes i forget to put it on download on WiFi before it leave my house , and then i have to waste 500 mb data on network. And wasting 20 min everyday is not freaking good idea. A game should give you enjoyment and fun frustration and wait time. But i think that's what kabam calls future of game. Kabam s monopoly is to get users on ios. We can SEE that kabam.
  • weapon_xtreme83weapon_xtreme83 Posts: 110
    tuposacp wrote: »

It is an issue, sometimes i forget to put it on download on WiFi before it leave my house , and then i have to waste 500 mb data on network. And wasting 20 min everyday is not freaking good idea. A game should give you enjoyment and fun frustration and wait time. But i think that's what kabam calls future of game. Kabam s monopoly is to get users on ios. We can SEE that kabam.

I can understand the frustration if you have to do it everyday. That then is a big issue. I'm talking about having to do it once a month. I saw another forum on here that seems to have found a solution for anyone that is experiencing having to download the game daily. So if that's your problem it may be of significant help. :)