**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Immortal Hulk seriously can't be THIS bad can he??

I've tried everything, I've watched everyone's video, why is he this bad?? Is there some secret way to play him? I want to like him, he's fun and looks so cool but so far hes really not good at all and has no useless that ive been able to find outside of 1 path in variant 1 and variant 4.
Can we get tips from the developer of immortal hulk? everyone whos tested and played him can't all be wrong. I truly hope we are though! but we seem to have a trend of 2 absolutely useless champs each year for the last couple of years -
2018 - Red Skull & Sentry
2019 - Diablo & Maw
2020 - Terrax & Air Walker but possibly air walker seems to be more useful than immortal hulk so please tell me im wrong lol

Side note, I am no noobie. I've completed all content in game 100% beside abyss (3 paths left) so it's not like I'm clueless with immortal hulk

Please help @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Lyra

Comments

• slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    Bruh, his rage damage could slap all the champs you listed
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,038 ★★★★
    I ain't the greatest player too, yet i dont think we need to compare him with diablo or terrax. His only drawback in my vision is the high amount of damage he does to himself, otherwise, it's still fine. Not the best, not the worst too. Pretty much better than diablo in many ways.
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★

I ain't the greatest player too, yet i dont think we need to compare him with diablo or terrax. His only drawback in my vision is the high amount of damage he does to himself, otherwise, it's still fine. Not the best, not the worst too. Pretty much better than diablo in many ways.

yea he is mediocre he needs a buff but there are other champs i want to see get buffed before this guy tbh
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Oh no. Proff Hoff discovered a massive Hidden utility.

Will not take degen when you dash back once

i saw that
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,386 ★★★★
    I don’t have him but I did find it ridiculously easy to beat him in the event quest . I was bracing myself for a hard and long time and instead he went down quite easy
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    JessieS said:

I don’t have him but I did find it ridiculously easy to beat him in the event quest . I was bracing myself for a hard and long time and instead he went down quite easy

yea he was really easy. I have seen people though get stuck on his 1% because of bad timing. It's like NF all over again
  • TripleBTripleB Posts: 245 ★★
    I totally see what you mean. I'm an endgame player, I took him into cavalier monthly EQ, Act 6, daily quests, duel targets, and the daily EQ just to test him out. In ROL he seems to be an amazing character, take him out of that and slap ANY node that hurts his rotation of has damage over time and he is royally screwed, not to mention the many champs that already do this without the help of a node.
    The problem is his mechanics simply don't work well together, some do when they game goes PERFECT! However other mechanics I question why they are even there.

- 25 percent petrify on sp3? triple it.
    - Added damage on second hit of heavy that doesn't fit into rotation and does mediocre damage because no crits? Guarantee the crit or pause the rage stacks.
    - Puts himself on deaths door just to be killed by almost any DOT in the game, blocked hits, parries, nodes, or thorns? HELP HERE.
    - Kill myself, regen to 100 percent and kill myself again just to get the attack bonus that by the way doesn't carry from fight to fight meaning in some fights you need to regen TWICE? Double the attack increase.
    - Ending a combo with a light attack that does nothing, which by the way if the situation isn't perfect will probably be the majority of your gameplay.
    - Die with anything at all if your ability accuracy is lowered, heal block, or geez I really hope you don't have less than 15 radiation at the end of a quest, cause if any of those are happening, guess what!? KO.
    - Not to mention he has so much potential but at the same time he has so many things holding him back! This guy could've been a game changer, instead he will be the champ someone plays in a daily quest because he's fun. So, unless some tweaks are made, unless someone finds some hidden game mechanic he has, you can forget about AQ, AW, Act 6, Cavalier, unless of course you have tons of units/ revives.

I could go on, but this guy has been torn apart by so many people that at this point if you don't see how he couldn't be fixed then idk what to say.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    https://youtu.be/07FWKLfQQ3Y

His petrify is fine. The one that you get from stacking gamma radiation is 70% and his debuffs amplify it.

Has way more utility than people give him credit for.
    I'll say it again, his playstyle is basically the first of it's kind. He's still incomplete, IMHO, but people have no patience and want him to smash things right out of the box. There are a handful of champions that can do that.

No more Quake. No more Ghost. These champs will never be made again. Learning to play the champs from the viewpoint of their mechanics would probably make the game more fun and have more options instead of dismissing champs because they're not "smashy" right from the get go.

There is also skill involved when playing him, which is an entire other conversation than his game mechanics.
    Mike192 said:

Lol he is bad?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2Ei9tktKsY

Rationally speaking, iHulk has one of the highest DPS in game. Problem is, you need EVERYTHING, literally EVERYTHING to go right. Opponents gotta parry you everytime after every combo ended. You wanna play Parry/MM repeat till sp2 for maximizing damage/hits/power given to opponents and stuff.

At 25 rage, 2 hits can do 50k damage which is nuts if you think about it. Problem? That would happen maybe once in 20-30 fights. This guy showed that in his angela fight above but other fights where AI sucked and things didnt go well, he was lame.

There are quite a few fixes for this and Kabam can honestly do a much better job at making this champion more practical, but they hate Hulks and no matter how much people complaint, it will mostly fall on deaf ears.

He's not bad. He's also the Hulk and people want him to be OP. Unfortunately that's not the case.

I'll also say most people who want iHulk to be OP aren't really avid users of Ghost or Quake, since they also require some skill. Corvus is a smash away champ from the beginning. his dupe ability isn't as important. Fury is also one of those champs. To a degree, managing Torch's temperature, but he causes good damage right away.

You have to manage this champion differently, which is misunderstood, IMO.

When Tigra came out people didn't warm up to her. "There's something missing, there's something missing."

The skill of using her was missing. Her popularity is growing, and she's being used more and more.

Same thing will eventually happen here, maybe not to that extent. Saying things like "increase damage" or "more this or more that" won't get it done. Playing with numbers will help him, and eventually Kabam has to make the final call a-la Gambit.
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    he is definetly trash 5% critcial rate nothing ever compensate for the luck of critical rate
  • KILLMФИGЕЯKILLMФИGЕЯ Posts: 122 ★★
    edited November 2020

Mike192 said:

Lol he is bad?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2Ei9tktKsY

Rationally speaking, iHulk has one of the highest DPS in game. Problem is, you need EVERYTHING, literally EVERYTHING to go right. Opponents gotta parry you everytime after every combo ended. You wanna play Parry/MM repeat till sp2 for maximizing damage/hits/power given to opponents and stuff.

At 25 rage, 2 hits can do 50k damage which is nuts if you think about it. Problem? That would happen maybe once in 20-30 fights. This guy showed that in his angela fight above but other fights where AI sucked and things didnt go well, he was lame.

There are quite a few fixes for this and Kabam can honestly do a much better job at making this champion more practical, but they hate Hulks and no matter how much people complaint, it will mostly fall on deaf ears.

He's not bad. He's also the Hulk and people want him to be OP. Unfortunately that's not the case.

I'll also say most people who want iHulk to be OP aren't really avid users of Ghost or Quake, since they also require some skill. Corvus is a smash away champ from the beginning. his dupe ability isn't as important. Fury is also one of those champs. To a degree, managing Torch's temperature, but he causes good damage right away.

You have to manage this champion differently, which is misunderstood, IMO.

When Tigra came out people didn't warm up to her. "There's something missing, there's something missing."

The skill of using her was missing. Her popularity is growing, and she's being used more and more.

Same thing will eventually happen here, maybe not to that extent. Saying things like "increase damage" or "more this or more that" won't get it done. Playing with numbers will help him, and eventually Kabam has to make the final call a-la Gambit.

I see where you are going but please do not even compare Tigra to IHulk lol not remotely the same, champs like ghost, quake, tigra, etc require high skill to play at the top level.
    IHulk doesn't need more damage and I don't want him to be OP. OP champs break the game and need to be balanced imo. IHulk on the other hand, I see where the developers were going, they wanted a champ like fury where he can have a second life but still cause huge damage when played right. unfortunately for IHulk, his mechanics seem to be way to RNG reliant on the defender playing into you well and even when you play perfectly like ghost, quake or tigra, you are not rewarded in the same way because he simply causes too much damage to himself combined with a 50 second cool down! not to mention if the A.I goes passive for even 2 seoncds, you loose all your huge damage lol

If hulk had even a 20 second or no cooldown, I think most people wouldn't have an issue with him at all, you would be rewarded for playing perfectly but thats not the case. perhaps maybe a synergy for the cool down would avoid all this hate on him?
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I just got him so I’ll be doing some testing.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I can tell you so far that he is not as bad as what people think. I have been playing him Corvus Style,

Medium Light Medium

Step 1.) Get your opponent to a bar and a half of power and make sure you have about two and a half bars of power.

Step 2.) As soon as they fire off their SP1 go in right away and medium light medium SP2, this should give you a stun and allow you to suppress the opponent power by 70%,

Step3.) You can actually play around his immortality like Phoenix, once you have him down at a decent health switch to MLLLL so you don’t kill your self. You enter the next fight full Health

My rank 1 Took off 25% off winter soilder and about 50 hits. Suicides on. Also, because you doing medium light medium your stacks of gamma radiation build up so you heal a lot more.

Sorry if I’m not that great at explaining

• Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    its like beating a dead horse. said once and a million times. IHulk totally not living up to the hype or any comics representation.
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    He's not awful, but he's also not a complete character yet. He was clearly rushed out before he was fully tested by the design team (it's obvious, as shown by his rage stacks initially not even pausing during special attacks which completely shut down his damage). He needs a number of tweaks and maybe 1 or 2 new additions to his kit to be useful and interesting for actual content. I still enjoy playing mine and use him every chance I get.
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    His rage stacks aren't that hard to keep up. I still maintain the developers had a vision for Hulk and that his mechanics aren't a result of merely bad design. From playing him, he makes sense because everything flows nicely when you drop any expectations as to how you think he should be played and instead try to make sense of him from everything he has and from the developers point of view.

From what I've seen of the big youtubers most aren't trying to piece him together rationally, and to be fair I can understand that, if they see no merit in him or reason to be so invested in him to begin with. I don't know if this is how he should be played and I know this isn't how you get the most damage out of him, but its looks like a good example of how his kit can flow together when you try to make the most of it.

https://youtu.be/eMS7vrxpQdY

His unblockable lets you keep up his rage no problem, he can also tank certain special 3s if his suppression debuffs aren't enough during his immortality and healing, and finally at the end of the rotation he ends up with 100 gamma stacks. His strength in my opinion lies in being a nuclear bomb, vaporizing his opponents with some potentially insane burst damage. I imagine as a 5 or 6* he should nuke pretty much any fight, finishing it before his cooldown becomes a real headache.

I'm hoping he's still slightly being tweaked because why not? I don't know if the reason his deep dive isn't out yet is because they're still reworking him or if its just because it's taking them really long to remake, but I can't wait either way.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Oh no. Proff Hoff discovered a massive Hidden utility.

Will not take degen when you dash back once

He has a top notch understanding of the game