**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

iPhone 12 pro max issue! (Help me plssssss)

AshleyyTweetsAshleyyTweets Posts: 68
edited March 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
Okay.. so I just got the iPhone 12 pro Max and I cannot parry or block on the phone unless I hit the very middle of the screen, side note I am a girl with very tiny hands so this is proving difficult, if I try and parry either it doesn’t block so I get hit or it drags me back.

Half the time aswell I can’t block at all I just stand there like ‘yeah please hit me in the face with an sp1 I live for this ****’

Please tell me other people are having the same issue or they have a solution because I’m not a stun immune fighter, I don’t dex like a god, I’m just out here trying to live my best life as a parry god and get war MVP.

Help would be appreciated!

Muchas Gracias
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• very true lol

At this point it’s just pay per word of the title.

• Noodes_Noodes_ Posts: 113
    Game works fine on mine
  • brandinhobrandinho Posts: 36
    Not having that issue with my one either
  • gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★
    One of my alliance mates is having a similar but slightly different issue. If he tries to use outsides of the screen, it goes reverse control. He hasn't found a solution yet unfortunately.
  • Yeah a few people have said now they’re having the same issue, it’s actually unplayable, have to keep swapping back to my xs plus to play which isn’t much smaller than the 12 so absolutely no idea what’s going on!
  • Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★
    I am thinking to upgrade to 12 pro max, but read that battery is not good at games (overheating and drains battery in about 3h). Is it true? For how long it takes to go from 100% to 20% for example at Mcoc?
  • Hiya battery has been fine and I’ve become super obsessed with playing hours of among us atm on it with no issues overheating or anything. But unless they fix the issues regarding the random dash backs on mcoc it’s literally unplayable on this phone. I’ve been playing for 5 years now and had some weird AF glitches on this game (including being replaced as leader by a random one time) but this is the worst issue I’ve ever had, I legit cannot play the game, it’s like playing as a newb
  • xandersrevengexandersrevenge Posts: 267
    Thinking of getting an iphone 12 pro max also. If there's an update, update here pls
  • DJ_SergyDJ_Sergy Posts: 35
    I have similar issues with it, iPhone 12 pro max as well.

Block sometimes doesn’t register. Dash backs sometimes doesn’t register either specially after attacking block 4 times and dashing back my, I’m just staying there and get hit.

The most annoying one so far for me is sometimes the dash back will actually register as dash forward and thats just a disaster every time it happens.

At first I thought it was the way I’m holding the phone because it’s bigger and it does feels different but I’ve been paying attention lately and I’m pretty sure there is something else going on....
  • Zakrw_317Zakrw_317 Posts: 50
    i think it might just be the phone try hitting up apple support
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    The game app is very rich in art and animation causing the phone to work extra hard which in returns causing overheating. So nothing is wrong with your phone. Just the game app design code is t effective to try reduce overheating. I would think they could introduce a new setting which allows us user to decide to lower the graphics and such. Just like Marvel:Future fight have one in their setting.
  • DJ_Sergy said:

Block sometimes doesn’t register. Dash backs sometimes doesn’t register either specially after attacking block 4 times and dashing back my, I’m just staying there and get hit.

The most annoying one so far for me is sometimes the dash back will actually register as dash forward and thats just a disaster every time it happens.

At first I thought it was the way I’m holding the phone because it’s bigger and it does feels different but I’ve been paying attention lately and I’m pretty sure there is something else going on....

I thought exactly the same thing, I thought maybe I was holding it weird because of the camera sticking out so I put a case on and it’s still useless! It’s not that much bigger than my previous iPhone so it’s just not compatible with the phone I’m guessing. Looks like I’ll be switching between phones for war and AQ until it’s resolved, feel sorry for people who don’t have this as an option because you literally can’t play like this, especially in war where your performance affects your whole alliance!
  • AAA003AAA003 Posts: 14
    I have a 12 pro (not max). I am having the same issues. Heavy attacks are also not registering randomly, combos will just stop, medium attacks will register as light or cause my champ to dash back instead.

Outside of game play the buttons in the bottom right of the screen will not select the correct button. For example I'll try and open objectives chat will open.
  • There were similar issues back when the XS came out. The resolution has to come from Kabam.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/98554/iphone-xs-control-issues

Hopefully it’s a quick fix then! Cause honestly it’s easier to play at 4am after a day sesh at the pub with only 1 eye open and alcohol shakes than it is to play now
  • RB65RB65 Posts: 28
    I have the same issues with my 12 pro. I seem to overcome the issue in EQ and arenas, but AW gets me every time. Very frustrating to dash forward while clearly holding block.
  • SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
    Just sharing my experience since playing with the 12 pro max for the past few days; game is running as smoothly as before on the iPhone X. But I’ll be sure to update if I encounter similar issues. Fingers crossed and hopefully the issue you guys are facing is sorted out real soon.
    I always dash back 3 times when evading Thing specials last war i got murdered cause my champ went dashing forward on my third dash back... so annoying 😂 posted in the vid below.

https://youtu.be/T_FAKfe3InE

@Kabam Lyra @Kabam Miike is there any more reports if this issue or is it just us? If its just us we just need to adapt and get gud!!! 🤣
  • We still not got a fix cause I’m so over swapping phones every hour?!
    There’s been plenty of posts about this and they get moved to bugs section. So they must be aware of it

Unfortunately kabam haven’t acknowledged it yet which probably means its not in the radar of things to get fixed next update. Hopefully I’m wrong but sure looks like it
  • ProducteProducte Posts: 74
    I got an iPhone 12 Pro Max today and I get the same. Missing or unregistered parries, unexpected dashes back and forth and 5 hit combos that suddendly do not register a light, combo is interrupted and you die.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Too much things to prioritize. They will get to it eventually.
  • kamzorkamzor Posts: 3
    I have the very same issues.
    Parry works sporadically, dashing back sometimes results in a dash forward. I feel like drunk when playing this game.

First, I had an iPhone 12 mini without a case. I used it for several days and sent it back as I wanted a bigger screen, so I ordered the iPhone 12 (normal one) and used a case.
    I experienced the very same issues on both phones. First, I thought that I touch the edges of my iPhone. I used a case on my iPhone 12, so I am very confused what else could cause these kind of issues. I just googled a little bit and found this section within the forum. Happy to see that it's not only me having these issues.

I still have my iPhone 8, but it's lagging sometimes, so it's "okay" to play with, but the lags also affect your gameplay.
    As I used to play on a high standard (Platin1+, Map7), it is more than annoying that a) iPhone 8 is not enough anymore for this game as it lags hard b) iPhone 12 is irresponsive (even though very fluent gameplay on screen).

Playing map 7 with iPhone 12 causes me to use massively items, while I am able to go through Map 7 without any items on my iPhone 8 as the commands all work fine (lags can sometimes cause a death, but luckily you have 3 chars to play with).
    iPhone 12 is a total mess. I tried several times to run through a path, which I already finished without any problems in Act 6.4, but I failed so hard with the iPhone 12.
    With my iPhone 8 it worked without failing.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,153 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Similar issues with new iPad Pro.

Two things I have found:

1 — enable Touch accommodations in Accessibility settings, but none of the subfeatures.
    2 — clean the device screen often. Seems super-sensitive to fingerprints.

This has helped a lot but not 100 percent.
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★
    DJ_Sergy said:

I thought this was just me getting use to the new phone... 3weeks in and it still do it.. i use my XS max pro for all AQ/AW fights , just don't trust it..Sucks because the 12 pro max is also a pricey phone and i want to use it !!
  • I have a iphone 12 pro max and I found the same issue. Heavy attacks randomly dont register, dash back becomes dash forward and parry randomly not registering where my champ is just standing there. It seems you have to keep your thumbs in a certain position for things to register properly but in the heat of battle, this is nearly impossible. Pisses me off because this was the one reason I upgraded the phone to get game running better