**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cav 3.2 Mephisto --- Can his healing be reversed?

I've been using Void to take down Mephisto in this chapter. The last fight was the first fight I know I had two petrify debuffs on him when his healing kicked it. Other fights, I may have had FOTV on Mephisto and even though it's supposed to have the same effects as all 6 debuffs combined, I don't always look for healing reversal when FOTV is up.

Is it one of Mephisto's abilities to not have his healing reversed? I know the node buffs don't prevent healing reversal.

He's still dead. It doesn't take me any items. But having 3/3 points in Despair, having 200 sig levels on Void and playing Void exactly like you're supposed to usually means enjoying watching any regen on the AI turn against them.

Comments

• 16wegnerk16wegnerk Posts: 210 ★★
    Mephisto cannot take damage while healing, thus his healing from souls can’t be reversed
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    It does block his Regen, but since Mephisto can't take damage while his Regen is active, he doesn't take reversed healing damage.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Read Mysterio's abilities. His Regen can't be reversed.

But yeah, the fight is very fun and pretty fast with a max sig Void. In fact, I once stacked 2 fotv and almost reached max stacks of the other debuffs as well, as per his sig ability description.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I’m pretty sure his healing can be blocked but not reversed. I’ve used my human torch against Mephisto a lot and have never seen his healing reversed but I have seen it prevented
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    Thanks Everyone! That's what I was thinking and I'm glad I kept my cool.

I'm just glad I only have to face Nova one more time in Cav difficulty. He legit stinks. His power gain is crazy because you don't have to be that "afar" to have his that buff kick in!
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    MMCskippy said:

Thanks Everyone! That's what I was thinking and I'm glad I kept my cool.

I'm just glad I only have to face Nova one more time in Cav difficulty. He legit stinks. His power gain is crazy because you don't have to be that "afar" to have his that buff kick in!

Lol, am I the only one that actually enjoyed that fight? Well, dodging back-to-back SP 2 wasn't quite fun, but Nova is pretty satisfying to fight imo.

I found the mister fantastic to be the most annoying fight in the entire EQ. Had to use both my 6* Elsa and Aarkus to try to get him down, and he wrecked them both.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    MMCskippy said:

I've been using Void to take down Mephisto in this chapter. The last fight was the first fight I know I had two petrify debuffs on him when his healing kicked it. Other fights, I may have had FOTV on Mephisto and even though it's supposed to have the same effects as all 6 debuffs combined, I don't always look for healing reversal when FOTV is up.

Is it one of Mephisto's abilities to not have his healing reversed? I know the node buffs don't prevent healing reversal.

He's still dead. It doesn't take me any items. But having 3/3 points in Despair, having 200 sig levels on Void and playing Void exactly like you're supposed to usually means enjoying watching any regen on the AI turn against them.

maybe read his abilities