**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Most Outdated Opinion(s)

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

K00shMaan said:

@Unknown_Traveler To piggyback off of your comment, the concept of leaving champs at Rank 4 is outdated. If you are anywhere near the endgame (beyond Cavalier), you have a bunch of Rank 5's now. Yes it makes perfect sense to go with someone else other than Archangel as maybe your 1st or 2nd Rank 5 but once you have 10 or 15 you Rank 5 that anyone that you are actually going to use on a semi regular basis.

Archangel was my 4th rank 5 bruh. He's worth a rank 5 across any roster strength level.
    I’d r5 a couple of mutants over AA. He’s not the end all be all you make him out to be
    Dude, what are you even trying to say?
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,563 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020

Kill_Grey said:

K00shMaan said:

@Unknown_Traveler To piggyback off of your comment, the concept of leaving champs at Rank 4 is outdated. If you are anywhere near the endgame (beyond Cavalier), you have a bunch of Rank 5's now. Yes it makes perfect sense to go with someone else other than Archangel as maybe your 1st or 2nd Rank 5 but once you have 10 or 15 you Rank 5 that anyone that you are actually going to use on a semi regular basis.

Archangel was my 4th rank 5 bruh. He's worth a rank 5 across any roster strength level.
    I’d r5 a couple of mutants over AA. He’s not the end all be all you make him out to be

He’s easily one of the best options if enemy can bleed and be poisoned.
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Hawkeye's underrated.

HE'S NOT UNDERRATED IF YOU KEEP SAYING IT!!!!!!!

And I'm sorry, but Elsa's getting there too, people. She's great, she used to be underrated. I like her a lot. I took her to R4, but people are now overrating her cause she is not up there with the likes of Stealthy, Hit Monkey, and Night Thrasher as much as you want her to be.

Not being on the level of stealthy and hit monkey I completely understand makes sense but night thrasher? Elsa is way better then night thrasher
    Elsa's got solid damage, debuff shrug-off, and an evade counter. NT's literally got all of that plus icinerate immunity, auto-block counter, limber counter, AAR, taunt, and his damage is actually better.
    Sure...night thrasher can shrug off debuffs...by getting knocked down. Wanna try that in variants where a single heavy is an instant oneshot? Also, it's never guaranteed either.

Night thrasher's "damage" comes only when awakened and high sig.

NT has incinerate immunity, sure. Elsa is basically immune to all non-damaging debuffs.

Limber counter? How does he fare against stun immune? Elsa can literally ignore antistun mechanics, and get super easy openings with her counterparry.

As for AAR, taunt, those are quite niche, and not even reliable.

But yeah, I'll agree that he counters autoblock and evade better.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Remember that time where everyone jumped the gun on Doom and said kabam missed the mark and that every mystic already would do better than him? Because I remember that.

Remember when Proxima was the best champion in the game because of her huge damage and Corvus was a piece of ****?
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    More often than not shrugging off non-damaging debuffs is a bad thing - no willpower healing. Of course there are a few scenarios when it comes in handy.
  • KoiBoy18KoiBoy18 Posts: 311 ★★★
    The most OP defense node in AW is Ant-Man with Slashed Tires.

So brutal - needs to be nerfed ASAP.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    16wegnerk said:

“4 star champs will have value for a long time, even as your 5* roster starts to grow.”

Then everything changed when act 6 attacked

Take that agree for the AOT ref

Kill_Grey said:

K00shMaan said:

@Kill_Grey definitely goes crazy over him, but I wanna hear these "couple" of mutants. There are only 3 I would actually consider over AA. Period
    SoOOoooo... you'd rank a couple Mutants over him? A couple is 2 or 3, my manz...

Kill_Grey said:

K00shMaan said:

@Kill_Grey definitely goes crazy over him, but I wanna hear these "couple" of mutants. There are only 3 I would actually consider over AA. Period
    Ok boss 👍🏾
    @Xmas-Monke you tagged me again?
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    ADDIS0N said:

VOID needs to be max sig.

Unfortunately in specific scenarios, where very passive play is required, this statement holds a lot of truth.
    But in most scenarios just the awakening is enough, to keep 100% FOTV uptime, by spamming sp1’s.
  • ThedancingkidThedancingkid Posts: 274 ★★
    “You shouldn’t be buying featured 5* crystals until you have at least 50 5* champs.”

Between the rebalancing of the featured pools and the greater availability of shards, you’re definitely better off getting a featured early in the game now.
    edited November 2020

Kill_Grey said:

@Xmas-Monke you tagged me again?

Comment has gone into the abyss of Approval =/
    Ooh, seems like it's catching on, xD
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Hawkeye's underrated.

And I'm sorry, but Elsa's getting there too, people. She's great, she used to be underrated. I like her a lot. I took her to R4, but people are now overrating her cause she is not up there with the likes of Stealthy, Hit Monkey, and Night Thrasher as much as you want her to be.

You forgot Ronin. Hes better. And my two were gonna he those two things lol

Etjama said:

Hawkeye's underrated.

I think there were some typos at the end there, but I'ma translate it as, "Great minds think alike and give the Elsa simps hell." I concur.
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Hawkeye's underrated.

Not being on the level of stealthy and hit monkey I completely understand makes sense but night thrasher? Elsa is way better then night thrasher
    Elsa's got solid damage, debuff shrug-off, and an evade counter. NT's literally got all of that plus icinerate immunity, auto-block counter, limber counter, AAR, taunt, and his damage is actually better.
    Sure...night thrasher can shrug off debuffs...by getting knocked down. Wanna try that in variants where a single heavy is an instant oneshot? Also, it's never guaranteed either.

NT has incinerate immunity, sure. Elsa is basically immune to all non-damaging debuffs.

Limber counter? How does he fare against stun immune? Elsa can literally ignore antistun mechanics, and get super easy openings with her counterparry.

Elsa is at this point borderline overrated. She has some decent damage, but nothing to go crazy about, she has good utility with the counter-parry thing, shrug off, and evade counter.

But max sig or high sig nt is just much better. He hits much harder, he has an immunity, he has taunt(which isnt that niche), he has true accuracy, he has a passive that makes debuffs last an eternity, decent aar, and limber counter is very valuable.(that shrug off is virtually worthless though)

And last I checked, Aegon needs high sig but we still consider him better, as do we with Nick, who needs a dupe. Just because he needs a dupe and sigs doesnt mean he loses value.
    (And i think Ronin is better than both of them, but if NT is sig 100 or up, he is probably better.)
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Hawkeye's underrated.

I think there were some typos at the end there, but I'ma translate it as, "Great minds think alike and give the Elsa simps hell." I concur.
    Yikes. You hit the nail on the head in your translation though.
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Hawkeye's underrated.

Who cares if his damage only comes at high sig? Why should that matter at all? I don't see why we would stoop him down to an unawakened state for comparison.

Incinerate immunity isn't that common. It's a great immunity to have and I'd take it over a debuff shrug-off that only applies every 2.5 seconds any day of the week.

Getting 1 opening every 11 seconds doesn't make me want to use her over any better characters for stun immunity. It just doesn't. It's not going to make much difference, just use someone with better dps to finish the fight faster.

His AAR and taunt are quite potent and make him a great option for All or Nothing, purify/tenacity champs, and much more.
    I made a long response to this but its in the AoA(Abyss of Approval)