**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Opinions on Dragon Man?

SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
edited September 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I don’t have him yet, but I run suicides so my ears always perk up when I hear they are introducing a new robot. His animations look pretty fun and I like that he is XL and one of the first robot mystics, but I feel like I never hear anyone talking about him.... Does anyone on here have him and can you explain whether or not you like him and what content he is good for?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    I really like him. He is a strange mystic. He has a lot of mechanics that remind me of Hyperion, and his awakened ability is the only buff-related ability. He is very sustainable. I haven't really tried mine in act 6 yet but I will give that a go once he is r4.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    I really really like him. A lot of utility, good damage and just plain fun
  • AATTAATT Posts: 525 ★★★
    I have him at 5r5 and I run suicides. He's amazing, tons of utility and his power gain is pretty nice. He doesn't have pure mystic abilities like nullify or stagger, but he has great damage potential while cornered and unstoppable/unblockeable after sp3 is helpful for bane node for instance. Power gain helps for bane as well
  • FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★
    I got him 3 times from the featured crystal and took him to rank 5 for defense. Figured I'd try him out for fun and really enjoy using him. Fun play style with interesting mechsnics and pretty good damage. He's not overpowered but definitely a solid champ
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    In my massively limited experience of him, he seems like a cosmic robot who just happens to be in the mystic class.
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,018 ★★★★★
    Can't recommend giving him ur rank up resources over the usual god tier candidates. He is fun to play though. If u enjoy using him then by all means go for it!
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    KAYDA said:

Got him maxed out as 3* and 4* with max sig. Will r5 my unduped 5* next week 🤙🏼 Batshit crazy good & realy fun 2 play 🔥🐉🔥

I see you flaunting those dormammu’s
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

I really like him. He is a strange mystic. He has a lot of mechanics that remind me of Hyperion, and his awakened ability is the only buff-related ability. He is very sustainable. I haven't really tried mine in act 6 yet but I will give that a go once he is r4.

He has another buff related ability. His cornered damage increases for every buff on the opponent. This can make his damage absurd if the opponents have a huge amount of buffs.
    I didn’t know that. Cool
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    I like DM, got him as R5 5. He or it doesn't do the usual mystic things like nullify/stagger and stuff cause is not part of his abilities set skills. However, DM does have a slow mechanic on his sp1, also unblockable with heavies, and great incinerate with sp2. and some other cool stuff off sp3. He is a great for AWD as well. Being a XL champ, makes him vialbe for the XL varient too. Not bad choice at all.
  • Niquille_K420Niquille_K420 Posts: 1
    So hey guys, just opened a nexus crystal now, and my choices are dragon man, red goblin and ant-man (would get duped if chosen).. So hard to make a decision between DM and RG.. Please help asap
  • raviXsharmaraviXsharma Posts: 488 ★★★
    I really wish he had some more mystic Oriented utilities like nullify, stagger, power steal etc but as for damage, once you corner your opponent he does a good damage.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    @raviXsharma i would definitely choose dragon man. He isn’t a typical mystic, but he has some great utility and rewards an aggressive play style.
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★

So hey guys, just opened a nexus crystal now, and my choices are dragon man, red goblin and ant-man (would get duped if chosen).. So hard to make a decision between DM and RG.. Please help asap

DM
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    Hes really fun but not once have I found a fight where I thought "oh, DM would be great for this"
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★★
    Menkent said:

Hes really fun but not once have I found a fight where I thought "oh, DM would be great for this"

I used Dragon Man to face roll through the SoP Rogue. People sleep on his long unstoppable w/healing
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Menkent said:

I'd suggest 5.2.1 and 5.2.2. He cheeses the chapters. Power gains on him due to his charge. Just a few hits to get opponent into corner and then sp2. Game over.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Menkent said:

I used Dragon Man to face roll through the SoP Rogue. People sleep on his long unstoppable w/healing
    Yup, this is the fight where DM came in real handy. It wasn't in the same class of counter as iBom to Mysterio, but DM made the Rogue fight low-pressure and pretty easy.

• MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★

Menkent said:

I'd suggest 5.2.1 and 5.2.2. He cheeses the chapters. Power gains on him due to his charge. Just a few hits to get opponent into corner and then sp2. Game over.
    I'm sure he's also great for 3.6.6 thanos, but it's hardly relevant
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,737 ★★★★★
    in my opinion, he is half dragon, half man, and half robot.
  • Menkent said:

What about biohazard fights? I think hes perfect for those.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★
    Typhoon said:

Nah bro. Hes 150% speedo
  • 0casual00casual0 Posts: 457 ★★★
    I have him at R4 as a 5*. He is probably one of the fun and easy to use champ out there. Great utilities and damage as well. You can stack his power gain up to 3 and then cornered your opponents and spam sp 2. That damage you get when you cornered your opponent is so satisfying. Which content is he good for? Well, he helped me cleared Variant 2. He is my V2's MVP alongside Kingpin and Mole Man. He is an absolute beast!
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,304 ★★★★★
    Typhoon said:

Nah bro then it is 1/3 not half
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    I've had him as 6* R2 duped (sig 20) for about 5 months now, so here's the lowdown:

1- He will NOT fulfill the usual Mystic champ duties for which you would typically bring one in a quest. Thus, do not rank him up unless you already have at least one reliable and maxxed up 5* R5/ 6*R2 nullifer,staggering mystic such as Doom, BWCV or Sym/SorcSupreme.

2- If you already have #1 above then yes, by all means do rank him up, he's great, fun and pretty useful for certain matchups.

3- Mystic Dispersion, if you can afford to put it does help his playstyle a lot because basically what you have to do is is reach sp3 as soon as possible early on the fight. After this, then he'll get the necessary power charges for spamming sp1/sp2 when you have the oppo cornered or just launching another sp3 ( the latter if you run suicides)

4- He's not the most suicide friendly mystic in the game ( that crown goes to BWCV and Diablo) but definitely above average suicide friendly champ. If suicides are your thing then just spam sp3... after each sp3 he'll get a short buff that will regen him when he is being hit on his block.

4- He's good for matchups that reward you for unblockable, gaining power without having to hit oppo and/or against opponents with A LOT of buffs. A word of caution in this last statement: DO NOT bring him to fights on which is mandatory to nullify/stagger buffs or lest you're dead (For example, against Hyperion)... but he will excel against opponents that gain buffs over time and them doing so doesn't instantly kill you ( For example Odin, Angela, Venom, etc). The last statement is specially true if he's duped and at high sig. if not duped he is still good for such matchups but only if you corner the opponent and spam sp1 after having had thrown at least one sp3 ( in other words, if you run suicides it's better if he's duped and high if you want to access his utility/damage when interacting with opponents buffs).

- Other niche utility of his is the ability to apply Slow, as well a a very unique ability to punish opponents that apply armor breaks galore. This is why he can literally eat (fry?) for breakfast many armor breaking cosmics such as Angela and Terrax.

- Lastly, if you happen to have high ranked Diablo and Mr. Fantastic then that's itself another reason to rank him up, cuz he truly likes these synergies. ( Tigra too but not as usefl as the other two synergies)

Hope it helps.