**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Most Outdated Opinion(s)

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Hawkeye's underrated.

HE'S NOT UNDERRATED IF YOU KEEP SAYING IT!!!!!!!

And I'm sorry, but Elsa's getting there too, people. She's great, she used to be underrated. I like her a lot. I took her to R4, but people are now overrating her cause she is not up there with the likes of Stealthy, Hit Monkey, and Night Thrasher as much as you want her to be.

Not being on the level of stealthy and hit monkey I completely understand makes sense but night thrasher? Elsa is way better then night thrasher
    Elsa's got solid damage, debuff shrug-off, and an evade counter. NT's literally got all of that plus icinerate immunity, auto-block counter, limber counter, AAR, taunt, and his damage is actually better.
    Sure...night thrasher can shrug off debuffs...by getting knocked down. Wanna try that in variants where a single heavy is an instant oneshot? Also, it's never guaranteed either.

Night thrasher's "damage" comes only when awakened and high sig.

NT has incinerate immunity, sure. Elsa is basically immune to all non-damaging debuffs.

Limber counter? How does he fare against stun immune? Elsa can literally ignore antistun mechanics, and get super easy openings with her counterparry.

As for AAR, taunt, those are quite niche, and not even reliable.

But yeah, I'll agree that he counters autoblock and evade better.
    Who cares if his damage only comes at high sig? Why should that matter at all? I don't see why we would stoop him down to an unawakened state for comparison.

Incinerate immunity isn't that common. It's a great immunity to have and I'd take it over a debuff shrug-off that only applies every 2.5 seconds any day of the week.

Getting 1 opening every 11 seconds doesn't make me want to use her over any better characters for stun immunity. It just doesn't. It's not going to make much difference, just use someone with better dps to finish the fight faster.

His AAR and taunt are quite potent and make him a great option for All or Nothing, purify/tenacity champs, and much more.
    I made a long response to this but its in the AoA(Abyss of Approval)
    Yeah, mine's gone there too.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Remember that time where everyone jumped the gun on Doom and said kabam missed the mark and that every mystic already would do better than him? Because I remember that.

same with bwcv. I remember everyone asking if the damage numbers on the heavy were correct haha
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Texas_11 said:

Kabam only cares about money

Errrrr...
    They have made things less of a money grab, dev diaries, constant communication. They have improved loads since I have been here. They even interact on the forums more to get to know people. They definitely realized that the key to the community is communication and fair matches like the grandmaster
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Remember that time where everyone jumped the gun on Doom and said kabam missed the mark and that every mystic already would do better than him? Because I remember that.

same with bwcv. I remember everyone asking if the damage numbers on the heavy were correct haha
    Ah yes, BWCV, the most niche mystic champ
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/963073/#Comment_963073
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Hawkeye's underrated.

And I'm sorry, but Elsa's getting there too, people. She's great, she used to be underrated. I like her a lot. I took her to R4, but people are now overrating her cause she is not up there with the likes of Stealthy, Hit Monkey, and Night Thrasher as much as you want her to be.

Not being on the level of stealthy and hit monkey I completely understand makes sense but night thrasher? Elsa is way better then night thrasher
    Elsa's got solid damage, debuff shrug-off, and an evade counter. NT's literally got all of that plus icinerate immunity, auto-block counter, limber counter, AAR, taunt, and his damage is actually better.
    Sure...night thrasher can shrug off debuffs...by getting knocked down. Wanna try that in variants where a single heavy is an instant oneshot? Also, it's never guaranteed either.

NT has incinerate immunity, sure. Elsa is basically immune to all non-damaging debuffs.

Limber counter? How does he fare against stun immune? Elsa can literally ignore antistun mechanics, and get super easy openings with her counterparry.

Who cares if his damage only comes at high sig? Why should that matter at all? I don't see why we would stoop him down to an unawakened state for comparison.

Incinerate immunity isn't that common. It's a great immunity to have and I'd take it over a debuff shrug-off that only applies every 2.5 seconds any day of the week.

Getting 1 opening every 11 seconds doesn't make me want to use her over any better characters for stun immunity. It just doesn't. It's not going to make much difference, just use someone with better dps to finish the fight faster.

His AAR and taunt are quite potent and make him a great option for All or Nothing, purify/tenacity champs, and much more.
    I made a long response to this but its in the AoA(Abyss of Approval)
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

HI_guys said:

Texas_11 said:

Errrrr...
    They have made things less of a money grab, dev diaries, constant communication. They have improved loads since I have been here. They even interact on the forums more to get to know people. They definitely realized that the key to the community is communication and fair matches like the grandmaster
    How could i forget this one:
    “T5cc selectors are very rare resources”[that appear every 1-2 weeks in cash deals]
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Hawkeye's underrated.

Elsa is at this point borderline overrated. She has some decent damage, but nothing to go crazy about, she has good utility with the counter-parry thing, shrug off, and evade counter.

But max sig or high sig nt is just much better. He hits much harder, he has an immunity, he has taunt(which isnt that niche), he has true accuracy, he has a passive that makes debuffs last an eternity, decent aar, and limber counter is very valuable.(that shrug off is virtually worthless though)

And last I checked, Aegon needs high sig but we still consider him better, as do we with Nick, who needs a dupe. Just because he needs a dupe and sigs doesnt mean he loses value.
    (And i think Ronin is better than both of them, but if NT is sig 100 or up, he is probably better.)
    I just awakened my Night Thasher, how many sigs will he be viable?
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    War_Bird said:

Kill_Grey said:

K00shMaan said:

@Unknown_Traveler To piggyback off of your comment, the concept of leaving champs at Rank 4 is outdated. If you are anywhere near the endgame (beyond Cavalier), you have a bunch of Rank 5's now. Yes it makes perfect sense to go with someone else other than Archangel as maybe your 1st or 2nd Rank 5 but once you have 10 or 15 you Rank 5 that anyone that you are actually going to use on a semi regular basis.

Archangel was my 4th rank 5 bruh. He's worth a rank 5 across any roster strength level.
    I’d r5 a couple of mutants over AA. He’s not the end all be all you make him out to be
    Who said he was the end all be all? Must’ve missed that part.
    Well... Spidey was talking to Kill_Grey you see... and Kill_Grey does think that you see... same with G99 you see...

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Hawkeye's underrated.

Elsa is at this point borderline overrated. She has some decent damage, but nothing to go crazy about, she has good utility with the counter-parry thing, shrug off, and evade counter.

But max sig or high sig nt is just much better. He hits much harder, he has an immunity, he has taunt(which isnt that niche), he has true accuracy, he has a passive that makes debuffs last an eternity, decent aar, and limber counter is very valuable.(that shrug off is virtually worthless though)

And last I checked, Aegon needs high sig but we still consider him better, as do we with Nick, who needs a dupe. Just because he needs a dupe and sigs doesnt mean he loses value.
    (And i think Ronin is better than both of them, but if NT is sig 100 or up, he is probably better.)
    I just awakened my Night Thasher, how many sigs will he be viable?
    At least 120.
  • Rouger4Rouger4 Posts: 633 ★★★
    Nova is trash
  • Rouger4Rouger4 Posts: 633 ★★★

Etjama said:

Hawkeye's underrated.

Nah man, night thrasher is a beast
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Hawkeye's underrated.

I'm glad Elsa finally got realised an amazing champion, and as much as I love her, I agree some are making her out to be something she isn't. At high sig, Night Thrasher is better in my opinion. His evade counter and damage far surpasses her as well. Still love my Elsa though, don't get that twisted.

I don't know about Ronin though. Haven't had to much experience with the guy.

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Hawkeye's underrated.

I'm glad Elsa finally got realised an amazing champion, and as much as I love her, I agree some are making her out to be something she isn't. At high sig, Night Thrasher is better in my opinion. His evade counter and damage far surpasses her as well. Still love my Elsa though, don't get that twisted.

I agree.

Ronin is really fun, has amazing damage, and very quirky/good utility.

Texas_11 said:

HI_guys said:

Texas_11 said:

Errrrr...
    “T5cc selectors are very rare resources”[that appear every 1-2 weeks in cash deals]
    They are coming in steady for higher end players. However, this game is built on supply and demand. The most valuable resources will always get sold, that’s just the nature of any business. If you think about it ... even someone jumping to a 7x5 ally or a 6x5 ally wanting better resources, with that instantly there is a cost associated ( Time, Prestige rank ups, abyss rushed) etc.

The only choices you have in these situations you either don’t buy or don’t join.

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Hawkeye's underrated.

I really am between Ronin, Elsa, NT. She is right there to being a no brainer rank 3 , but then falls just short of getting that T5cc. That’s why I love the skill class so much

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Hawkeye's underrated.

This was well said @Unknown_Traveler. You may be next to the C O U N C I L - O F - M O N K E
    Thanks

I - H U M B L Y - A C C E P T - T H E - I N V I T A T I O N

Texas_11 said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Hawkeye's underrated.

I really am between Ronin, Elsa, NT. She is right there to being a no brainer rank 3 , but then falls just short of getting that T5cc. That’s why I love the skill class so much
    Yeah that's how it is. The skill class, while behind some of the others, is not one to be underestimated.

Texas_11 said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Hawkeye's underrated.

Yeah that's how it is. The skill class, while behind some of the others, is not one to be underestimated.
    I personally think it’s the best balanced class we have in the game. Damage, Utility, defense. There aren’t too many champs where you can miss big in that class. All the other classes , you miss pretty big

Although mutant class is another monster of a class that parry heavy style kills me
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

HI_guys said:

Texas_11 said:

Errrrr...
    They are coming in steady for higher end players. However, this game is built on supply and demand. The most valuable resources will always get sold, that’s just the nature of any business. If you think about it ... even someone jumping to a 7x5 ally or a 6x5 ally wanting better resources, with that instantly there is a cost associated ( Time, Prestige rank ups, abyss rushed) etc.

The only choices you have in these situations you either don’t buy or don’t join.
    Youd think theyd give players without a lot of money at least a small chance. But they are a for profit company.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

Domino is beyond god tier

Like no, she's mid tier now. Wake up. It's 2020.

Imagine calling a top 10% damage dealer midtier. She has not the insane utility champs like Warlock have which is true.

Yet she has good damage in long and short fights. I would R3 her in a heartbeat if I had 20% more Mutant T5CC
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Outdated opinion:

(In 2016)
    Damn this new Gamemode Allinace War will be so enjoyable. Finaly we can fight each other "half directly" !
  • Help All is an amazing idea, until you realised it actually broke the game
  • Seraphion said:

Outdated opinion:

(In 2016)
    Damn this new Gamemode Allinace War will be so enjoyable. Finaly we can fight each other "half directly" !

Irony of you being an officer in an alliance that focuses entirely on AW 😂😂
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    That Star-Lord is still a god tier champion in 2020. He's high demi-god at best.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

Hawkeye's underrated.

Elsa is better than Stealth for mix master and other difficult match-ups.