**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Do y'll think this game would have been much more enjoyable if Tier list never existed?

Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
I would say hell yeah .most people rank up champs according to youtubers tier list and when they pull someone even if they like that champ but is not in high tiers , they end up blaming RNG

Comments

• Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    yea a lot of people would find out that most champs have something cool. Seatin used to do rank up and gameplay of every champ but he hasn't done that in a while

The tier list was only ever to help players choose who to rank up, but yeah. The amount of RNG post there are, and how people under-appreciate a certain amount of characters are crazy

exactly
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★

I believe tier lists are good for beginner players to give a good general consensus of "which champions are good" to an extent, but by the time you are uncollected or cav at latest, you should have a general understanding of the game to know yourself "who is good" and "who is not good" there will be never such thing as a perfect tier list, as everyone has vast diffrent opinions.

Hahah that's not how it works though ..you will see cavalier players on forums complaining about getting Rhulk or Proxima ( for e.g ) because they are not in high tiers but we all know their damage output is unreal.
    Rohit_316 said:

I believe tier lists are good for beginner players to give a good general consensus of "which champions are good" to an extent, but by the time you are uncollected or cav at latest, you should have a general understanding of the game to know yourself "who is good" and "who is not good" there will be never such thing as a perfect tier list, as everyone has vast diffrent opinions.

Hahah that's not how it works though ..you will see cavalier players on forums complaining about getting Rhulk or Proxima ( for e.g ) because they are not in high tiers but we all know their damage output is unreal.
    yea if it's not Quake Corvus Ghost or Doom that champ is therefore trash
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

It would be even more troublesome. People would rank up their first 5*. In my case beast. And then be left with no materials for when I actually get better champs.

This will slow down progression unless I can somehow magically realize tye different potentials of champs from just reading abilities

But how would you confirm that beast is a trash if no tier list was there ? People love avengers but in the game they are trash, i bet you would blindly rank up any OG avenger just because you like them and no way to confirm that they are trash.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    Rohit_316 said:

HI_guys said:

It would be even more troublesome. People would rank up their first 5*. In my case beast. And then be left with no materials for when I actually get better champs.

This will slow down progression unless I can somehow magically realize tye different potentials of champs from just reading abilities

But how would you confirm that beast is a trash if no tier list was there ? People love avengers but in the game they are trash, i bet you would blindly rank up any OG avenger just because you like them and no way to confirm that they are trash.
    It doesn't matter in the early stages of the game whether a character is good or but. But once you have reached endgame and mid tier content, you should be able to differentiate between good or bad champions.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,898 ★★★★★
    Like everything, they have pros and cons

I like the discussion they promote around champions, so I’m kind of glad they exist
  • GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    I remember before i used to watch mcoc vids, i would like very champ i got and think theyre super cool
  • SazedSazed Posts: 304 ★★

Like everything, they have pros and cons

I like the discussion they promote around champions, so I’m kind of glad they exist

wow can you just not read my mind for like 1 second man? come on!
    But ya they can promote different discussions which can be good or bad. I'm glad I had it when I was starting out, but now I just don't look at them because I don't need them.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Naw. It's all up to players to decide their rankups and a lot of that is RNG based anyway.

Personally, I appreciate the lists for what they are - an opinion of others who have large rosters and completed content ahead of me who can provide some personal experience that I don't/didn't yet have.

When I was first in this game, I was trying to rank up every new champ because it was fun to play with someone different. I had no idea how awful some of them were and instead of saving some resources, I ended up wasting them which made progression slower and stagnated things for a time. Sure they all have/had some value in arena, but they weren't helping clear new content (would cost more items than would be economical) so I was having to wait longer for other rankups that were better counters in Act 5.

Remember tier lists are just opinions - they aren't gospel. But for newbies, they can help guide people towards smarter rankups, counters, utilities, etc.

Don't you read reviews about other products before you buy them to get feedback? I know I do. I still take them with a grain of salt and make the final decision, but you can learn of there is a flaw, bad quality, unique feature, etc, from others who have already pulled the trigger and provided their first-hand experience. Same applies here.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I mean, where better or worse characters exist, there will naturally become tier lists. It’s the clinging to those opinionated lists as verbatim that makes the problem.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Tier lists are very helpful and if they never existed then it would have hindered so many people's progression.
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    I've never paid much attention to these lists, although I know they exist. I've certainly never been bothered about pulling a champ that doesn't rate highly on them.
    If I like a champ [for whatever reason] I generally use them and just get the best out of them. It might mean I've ranked up champs who aren't as good or powerful as others in my roster, but it's got to be all about the enjoyment hasn't it?
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    The tier list didn’t get out of hand until apple made it so everyone can record on their phones. Just like any form of social media it made people unhappy with what they pulled. However, the tier list is not what shifted the game so dramatically. It was Kabam allowing people to spend money on FGMCs to acquire champs and build their rosters so quick.

I think this made the game too slow for some summoners. An example, like when iceman came out you had to hope you pulled him from featured champ pull.

Back when we first started playing , captain marvel , starlord , black panther. They were all good champs and you had your poison immune chamo you took up because that’s all you had. Prestige was more gated. We live in the era of now not near.
  • MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 688 ★★★
    If this game were like Tekken or Street fighter where you just need to get good with your favourite character then tier lists would have no value but....
    We have nodes, all sorts of abilities and then the characters own base attributes.

Add to that the need to get resources to rank up champs. At some point you want to try and make smart rank ups to help you progress in the game.

If this game were like Tekken or Street fighter where you just need to get good with your favourite character then tier lists would have no value but....
    We have nodes, all sorts of abilities and then the characters own base attributes.

Add to that the need to get resources to rank up champs. At some point you want to try and make smart rank ups to help you progress in the game.

But tier list really just takes a champ and let’s you know is this champ overall good. I believe tier list gives you an idea of where a champion stands. But what ends up happening is we wait and wait and wait until we pull one of them.
    I have seen plenty of people who R5 Corvus and don’t even have suicides unlocked so they are very disappointed.
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    Tier lists were never created with ill intent, so I never understand it when people talk about them as if they're personal attacks.

They have the advantage of being really useful to progressing players to build on their general game knowledge. I agree on the disadvantage being some people rank up strictly based on tier lists.

Excellent analogy by @TitoBandito187 . Think of them as a review of a product. You pull a champion and want to see what other people think of this champion to then formulate your own opinion. That's where you'd seek a tier list. Same way you would for something you're looking to buy. At the end of the day you've got to keep in mind that these are just opinions.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Tier lists are insignificant anyway
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

Don’t think I’ve ever seen an experienced player complain about post buff Red Hulk
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,798 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Okay, here's my honest view on tier lists. So many people just say, "NO TIER LISTS!", but they were actually helpful for me when I was brand new and didn't know who in the world I should rank up. I used to think Mordo was a top tier champion and ranking up champs that couldn't really help me slowed my progression.

Other people's tier lists inspired me to research champs myself and find out what makes them good. They're also just fun to make and get people's opinions on. Making my own tier list has now made me pretty knowledgeable about the characters in the game and what I think they need in order to be good. It's helped me give what I think is good advice.

Conclusion: Tier lists are fun to make, gives new players a general idea of the game, and can help you learn a lot. The problem lies not in tier lists, but in the people who view them as fact.

I honestly feel like Seatin’s tier list was a bad thing. No hate against him, it’s just so many people act like his tier list is a bible and he’s mcoc jesus (which he isn’t, that’s karatemike)
  • I think tier lists can be useful, however I feel like people take them for gospel and that is part of why there is much disappointment when RNG isn't on their side