**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Sentinel Or Hulkbuster ?

Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
edited November 2020 in Strategy and Tips
So i recently pulled Sentinel and a bit confused . Buster is insane after the buff, power control and armor and Sentinel has DOT and Immunities. Which one would you rather r5?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Sentinel more safe and best champ for v3
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,745 ★★★★★
    @Werewrym vs @Xmas-Monke

GO! 🥊💥
    Rookiie said:

@Werewrym vs @Xmas-Monke

GO! 🥊💥

First tell your opinion
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★

I wish can take both lol ..but short of t4cc so can take only 1 that could also help in act 6.2 and beyond
  • Prakhar_82Prakhar_82 Posts: 713 ★★★
    I would say sentinel is better option for variant 3 but hulkbuster is overall a better champ in daily use. I would say rank up your hulkbuster and rank up your sentinel only when you need him for variant 3.And if you don't have any immunity champ, go for sentinel otherwise hulkbuster.

Rookiie said:

@Werewrym vs @Xmas-Monke

GO! 🥊💥

First tell your opinion
    Tbh I R4'ed Sentinel over Hulkbuster.
    Rohit_316 said:

I wish can take both lol ..but short of t4cc so can take only 1 that could also help in act 6.2 and beyond
    Both come in handy in act 6. I would do sentinel first.
  • BonzodavidBonzodavid Posts: 586 ★★★
    Sentinel 100%.
    Both with and without suicides
  • AATTAATT Posts: 525 ★★★
    I own a 5r5 sig 200 sentinel running suicides, he's great. He was my MVP for v3 completion/exploration and some paths of act 6.4. HB is a beast tho, but with suicides isn't the best option. If you don't run suicides, maybe HB for power control
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,052 ★★★★★
    HB's heavy is still inconsistent, and sentinel is better overall imo
  • GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

@Werewrym vs @Xmas-Monke

GO! 🥊💥

First tell your opinion
    same
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

@Werewrym vs @Xmas-Monke

GO! 🥊💥

First tell your opinion
    Ditto
  • MadTing123MadTing123 Posts: 118
    HulkBuster is EASILY BETTER than SENTINEL
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★

HulkBuster is EASILY BETTER than SENTINEL

Not necessarily, it depends on what you're after. For example, don't underestimate Sentinel's ability of having a heal block on demand on Sp1, one that works even if the opponent blocks the attack ... this helped me defeat 6.1.5 Crossbones (post Act 6 rework), HB wouldn't have fared as well in that fight, specially because the poison 30 node would have killed him and he wouldn't have been able to out damage vigor.

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

@Werewrym vs @Xmas-Monke

GO! 🥊💥

First tell your opinion
    Cmon Rookiie. I trusted you 😭😭😭. I guess your role in the C O U N C I L may be edited
    It was tough, believe me 😓
    I promise I will take C H O N K S up one day
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    I really like the HulkBuster buff a bunch, but I wouldn't hesitate on Sentinel here.

He's just go so much going for him. There's Variant 3, where he's the king. He's a double immunities champ. He's an absolute tank. He can really do some damage with those incinerates after he analysis is maxed.

HB certainly wouldn't be a wrong choice. He is really fun to place and getting his SP2 just right is very rewarding and can do some fun damage. He's also a tank and has some good regeneration if you've got him at a decent sig. But he doesn't have the immunities nor the V3 benefit.

Plus, I think HB benefits more from his awakened ability (it's not absolutely necessary, but the regeneration is really nice) while with Sentinel it's helpful but I think a bit less essential. And it's definitely one of those things where all he needs to be is sig 1.
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    Sentinel.
    - he's a robot = bleed poison immune
    - access to various debuffs: sp1 heal block and armour break, sp2 incinerate, heavy attack shock (also he goes unstoppable if they aren't already under a shock debuff)
    - great regen. Get low on health, use sp3, get armour passive. Get another sp3 and he munches this armour passive for regen. Lower health, more regen. He doesn't work for Havok and this passive can be broken by armour break.
    - at 100 analysis charges my Sentinel uses an sp2 and is almost back at sp1. He also applies his sp debuffs through block. And he can take a fair few hits. I never use sp until I'm at max charges bc they're quite short without them.
    - his awakened ability makes him slightly easier to ramp up but he doesn't need it at all. Just need to hit opponents block longer. He also gains some sort of power drain resistance.
    - he doesn't need synergies either. The only one I've regularly used is Guilly 2099's on Biohazard and Caltrops for extra power gain.
    - obviously he tramples v3. Once he's ramped up, the fights are so short. He's good for v2 as well. I've only done chapter 1 but I'm assuming he's good for the other chapters too as he's still XL. Maybe not that adaptoid boss
    He might not be new and sleek and fancy but he's awesome. I never truly appreciated him until recently, I'd just throw him on for immunities. I use him so much more now in general.