**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Thoughts on the new AQ update?

Comments

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020

walkerdog said:

Potions not being increased in potency (for glory) or decreased in price with more and more r3's and higher health pools is getting old.

Also how do you ever get an in against the white magneto mini?

Heavy-Hitter
    Mighty Charge - 3
    Power Struggle
    True Strike
    Power Snack 2

Can't bait heavies because of heavy hitter and his specials aren't exactly easily punishable. Node combo seems a bit much.

@Greywarden can't you punch into his block and then parry his light to smack him around?
    Yea you can do that, get him into a corner and just lock him down there to take away mighty charge as well. I just think they should stop focusing so much time and effort on trying to make things difficult for Corvus. Instead focus on making other champs as effective and maybe his usage will go down.
    slow champs should be fine, like shehulk, sorcerer, etc.

it's not anti corvus, corvus couldn't take any of the minis before, it's for quake
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

As a thronebreaker, I can only praise this. It’s absolutely excellent.

For Cav players, seems not quite as great. At all. Although I actually don’t think Cav players should get T5CC in the glory store. Not at this point anyway. I know people won’t like that, but I do think it’s the healthy route. Someone on 6.2.1 shouldn’t really be getting T5CC weekly.

That's my dilemma. I don't think someone who just got Cav should be able to get T5CC with Glory. But then there are the people with 3 different T5CC's and no good options for em that totally deserve the T5CC in the Glory store. It all comes back to the idiotic R3 requirement.
    Greekhit said:

As a thronebreaker, I can only praise this. It’s absolutely excellent.

For Cav players, seems not quite as great. At all. Although I actually don’t think Cav players should get T5CC in the glory store. Not at this point anyway. I know people won’t like that, but I do think it’s the healthy route. Someone on 6.2.1 shouldn’t really be getting T5CC weekly.

What about those Cavaliers who have completed all content (except Abyss), have multiple 5/65s, but not an r3 to justify Thronebreaker title.
    Should they have the same access to glory store as a newly Uncollected player?
    Kabam got lazy to distinguish Cavalier from Uncollected glory rewards and chose to demote Cavaliers 😠
    This is the thing, I don’t agree with the R3 requirement. Once again, Cav should have been at the act 6 completion level. There is too much damn variance between Cav players. It screws up the economy and progression, or the players at the top end of the spectrum

Unfortunately I think screwing the top players on that spectrum is less harmful than potentially the entire progression economy
    I still firmly believe that Thronebreaker should've been locked behind Act 6 exploration or Abyss completion. Both of those guarantee a fully formed T5CC. No rewarding those who got crazy luck and formed one after exploring 6.1, no punishing those who can't pull a good champ for their 3 fully formed ones. No RNG involved.
    Act6 100% would make sense, but Abyss not.
    Story progress is supposed to determine the progress titles, not special event quests.
    Anyway Cavaliers just got Uncollected 🤣
    You don't even have to complete Act 6 right now to complete Abyss, get lucky, and get Thronebreaker. Making the restriction Act 6 exploration or Abyss completion just means that those people are guaranteed to have a fully formed T5CC and could R3 someone if they wanted to. That makes sense since Kabam wants R3 6*s to be the requirement and the next step.
    Oh, I totally agree. That's exactly how I would've had it @Rockypantherx. But I think changing it from a R3 to Act 6 exploration or Abyss completion would at least take the RNG aspect out of the requirement that they want.
  • Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★
    Love how the ranks from 46 to 1200 get punished with absolutely zero class catalyst rewards on rank rewards....higher ones get a bump lower ones get a bump but as far as class ones the middle alliances get punished
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,975 ★★★★
    I got my blue 6* cyclops ready B)
  • Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    Only giving t5cc to top 30 is a HUGE miss. Give the top more and let it trickle down to top 150 or something. You are creating way too big of a separation.

Also reduce the potion cost already and come out with a level 5.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    Need to see how Vigor on Apoc boss is going to be. Not many counters and he's going to be stun immune after a death without robot as well which kinda sucks.

Etjama said:

Oh, I totally agree. That's exactly how I would've had it @Rockypantherx. But I think changing it from a R3 to Act 6 exploration or Abyss completion would at least take the RNG aspect out of the requirement that they want.

I would be inclined to agree with you on both of those if it wasn’t for a couple of issues:

1. Act 6 exploration is stupidly difficult. And I think setting it there would just discourage so many players and the gate then becomes, ok, so you don’t need to get lucky with T5CC, but you are going to need all these specific roster requirements

2. Same thing for abyss. Abyss has options, but really you need some specific champions to go through it.

Honestly, if Cav difficulty had a 10% selector, or the challenge was a selector, I would be fine with the R3 requirement. That reduces the RNG significantly. Might take a bit to reach the full catalyst, but I think it’s more age I’ve already than “have Ægon, ghost or Quake”. You and I both know it can take years to pull a specific champ
    This is also true, there would honestly be no problems if most crystals were selectors. There's just way too much RNG involved right now that the best player may not get Thronebreaker till they explore all content and the worst can get it after exploring 6.1.
  • 007md92007md92 Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    So elder bane and cavilier doesn't havr any long term effects according to glory store update.
    Looks really good for thronebreaker.
    I mean i would have choosen people who are trying to reach thronebreaker to give them a little push with glory store resources so everyone has a chance to reach the end game.
    instead people already seating there comfortably.
    Anyway. Looks fun overall. Ofcourse cost reduction are appreciated. Something new too content system wise. Hope everyone enjoys.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★

walkerdog said:

Potions not being increased in potency (for glory) or decreased in price with more and more r3's and higher health pools is getting old.

Heavy-Hitter
    Mighty Charge - 3
    Power Struggle
    True Strike
    Power Snack 2

Can't bait heavies because of heavy hitter and his specials aren't exactly easily punishable. Node combo seems a bit much.

@Greywarden can't you punch into his block and then parry his light to smack him around?
    Yea you can do that, get him into a corner and just lock him down there to take away mighty charge as well. I just think they should stop focusing so much time and effort on trying to make things difficult for Corvus. Instead focus on making other champs as effective and maybe his usage will go down.

it's not anti corvus, corvus couldn't take any of the minis before, it's for quake
    good point regarding it being more-so for quake.
    regarding slow champs mighty charge will wipe off the slow debuff
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,018 ★★★★★
    Love how they've made every mutant suicide friendly.

Etjama said:

Abyss completion makes no sense for a story title
    As much as I wish they were, they're obviously not story titles anymore. I'm just saying that if Kabam wants R3's to be the requirement, then instead just lock it behind something that guarantees you can R3 someone. Even locking it behind having a fully formed T5CC wouldn't be right cause people can get lucky and get it too fast.
  • Pretty disappointed that health pots have been buffed or reduced in price. As we get more R5s/R3s their value continues to drop.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

walkerdog said:

Heavy-Hitter
    Mighty Charge - 3
    Power Struggle
    True Strike
    Power Snack 2

good point regarding it being more-so for quake.
    regarding slow champs mighty charge will wipe off the slow debuff
    ah duh, of course slow goes away
  • the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 344 ★★★

No more free heals for mag red and Omega if you run suicides and willpower is a huge blow. As is the maybe nerf to omega's damage...

The update to map 4 AI is a huge relief.

Glory store updates look juicy, will be pushing for TB now that's for sure!

Gutted about the Omega nerf though, that's a huge blow as he carries me through AQ itemless, week in, week out :-(

What are you talking about ? Is omega's damage nerfed ? He has a death field bug right now.

No more free heals for mag red and Omega if you run suicides and willpower is a huge blow. As is the maybe nerf to omega's damage...

Gutted about the Omega nerf though, that's a huge blow as he carries me through AQ itemless, week in, week out :-(

What are you talking about ? Is omega's damage nerfed ? He has a death field bug right now.
    Omega's going to be purifying bleeds in AQ now which gets rid of his death field which reduces his damage and removes his healing.
  • Ghostspider231Ghostspider231 Posts: 297 ★★★
    Honestly, Cyclops as the buffed champ. He has no utility for map 7 or for anything else. No one ranks him up for a reason. What happens after the season is over and now everyone has an R5 or R3 cyclops they will never use again.

Honestly, Cyclops as the buffed champ. He has no utility for map 7 or for anything else. No one ranks him up for a reason. What happens after the season is over and now everyone has an R5 or R3 cyclops they will never use again.

He'll probably be buffed eventually. I still don't see anyone actually ranking him up for AQ though, maybe for fun. I'd probably R4 mine for a fun time in Map 6.
  • horrendous_toohorrendous_too Posts: 223 ★★
    Etjama said:

Omega's going to be purifying bleeds in AQ now which gets rid of his death field which reduces his damage and removes his healing.
    Once every 3 fights if I am reading that node correctly. the fights in between he should heal just fine.
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,018 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

That's only once every 4 fights. The post reads as "reduce the potency of future debuffs by 100%". After 5 seconds of the first fight, all mutants will shrug off the bleed and poison from the suicides masteries. For the next 3 fights they won't shrug off the bleed and poison instead they will take -100% damage meaning every mutant gets free willpower healing for those 3 fights after which this cycles repeats itself.