**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

2021 predictions

Just who do you think will join in 2021(omega sentinel or Hercules do not count), buffs, rebalances, if you think it will happen next year, say it. Keep in mind, just speculation.

Comments

• GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Morbius will probably enter the contest in summer 2021.
    Its pretty possible Kabam has already half designed him, as he was going to be released this past summer, but unfortunately the movie postponed to next.
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,761 ★★★★★
    Shang-Chi
    Gilgamesh
    Baron Zemo
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    Rookiie said:

Shang-Chi
    Gilgamesh
    Baron Zemo

Also maybe the Mandarin.
  • Secret_GamerSecret_Gamer Posts: 348 ★★
    Greekhit said:

Its pretty possible Kabam has already half designed him, as he was going to be released this past summer, but unfortunately the movie postponed to next.

They said that everyone in the champion poll, that does not win, won't get added in 2021. And Morbius obviously is.
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    Rookiie said:

Shang-Chi
    Gilgamesh
    Baron Zemo

Gilgamesh would be amazing. I heard he's supposed to be strong in the movies or something too.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Shang-Chi (and hopefully the Mandarin)
    Black Knight (please please please pleaseeeeee) and an eternal (hoping Gilgamesh, but it’s prob going to be one of the big three [richard madden, Angelina Jolie, and Gemma Chan])

Another Spider-Man suit (if it’s the upgraded suit I ain’t complaining) and probably the films bad guy

Hopefully some show characters as well (US Agent, Zemo, Lady Loki, etc)
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★
    New Characters:
    Mystique
    2 Kabam Originals
    2 2099 champs---- I would guess Ravage 2099 and either Doc Ock or Electro 2099... I hope no Spider Man, because we don't need another one.
    Shang-Chi
    Probably another dupe champ

Buffs:
    Tech - War Machine, Green Goblin, Civil Warrior
    Skill - Moon Knight, One of the Black Panthers
    Cosmic - Groot, King Groot
    Mystic - Iron FIst OZG, Juggs
    Science - Rhino, Ant Man
    Mutant - Red Cyclops, Deadpool X Force
  • spiderknight616spiderknight616 Posts: 454 ★★★
    Greekhit said:

Kabam doesn't do tie-ins to non-Marvel Studios movies.
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★

Greekhit said:

They said that everyone in the champion poll, that does not win, won't get added in 2021. And Morbius obviously is.
    i mean the winning champ is barely getting added in 2021 anyway - kabam broccoli said very late 2021
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★

New Characters:
    Mystique
    2 Kabam Originals
    2 2099 champs---- I would guess Ravage 2099 and either Doc Ock or Electro 2099... I hope no Spider Man, because we don't need another one.
    Shang-Chi

Buffs:
    Science - Rhino, Ant Man

Uhm... there will only be 6 overhauls (or less) next year, two every three months, minus january. The other months are tune-ups/updates. Basically none of these champs need anything less than an overhaul. Being generous CW, Goblin, CPanther (very generous on this one), MK and KG may be done with an update/tune-up. The others desperately need an overhaul.
    edited November 2020
    Raichu626 said:

New Characters:
    Mystique
    2 Kabam Originals
    Shang-Chi

Buffs:
    Science - Rhino, Ant Man

Uhm... there will only be 6 overhauls (or less) next year, two every three months, minus january. The other months are tune-ups/updates. Basically none of these champs need anything less than an overhaul. Being generous CW, Goblin, CPanther (very generous on this one), MK and KG may be done with an update/tune-up. The others desperately need an overhaul.
    Buffs, does not = overhaul.... It's all of them combined. And a lot of people said Falcon needed an overhual... turned out pretty solid if you ask me.

Also, not every champ i nhte game should be OP or "god tier". Tuneups or updates are are just fine for Iron Fist, Moon Knight etc.... Groot, Juggs and Rhino are the ones who need overhauls IMO the most.

Also, Kabam said the goal was to do 2 a month, so basic math tells me that we will get at least 14 buffs in 2021, probably closer to 20 or more.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

Raichu626 said:

New Characters:
    Mystique
    2 Kabam Originals
    Shang-Chi

Buffs:
    Science - Rhino, Ant Man

Buffs, does not = overhaul.... It's all of them combined. And a lot of people said Falcon needed an overhual... turned out pretty solid if you ask me.

Also, not every champ i nhte game should be OP or "god tier". Tuneups or updates are are just fine for Iron Fist, Moon Knight etc.... Groot, Juggs and Rhino are the ones who need overhauls IMO the most.

Also, Kabam said the goal was to do 2 a month, so basic math tells me that we will get at least 14 buffs in 2021, probably closer to 20 or more.
    We’re getting like 30-something total buffs next year, but a lot of them are tune ups/updates
  • TimrosTimros Posts: 267
    My 2021 predictions,
    A variation of iron-man.
    A variation of spiderman.
    And the great lakes avengers.

Raichu626 said:

New Characters:
    Mystique
    2 Kabam Originals
    Shang-Chi

Buffs:
    Science - Rhino, Ant Man

We’re getting like 30-something total buffs next year, but a lot of them are tune ups/updates
    Yeah, which is totally fine with me! I would be ecstatic with 6 over hauls and 20 tune-up/updates.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,791 ★★★★★
    Thena and Kingo from Eternals
    Shang-Chi and Mandarin from Shang-Chi
    new Spider-Man and villain
    Sharon Carter and Zemo
    More Alpha Flight
    Spectrum
    Wild idea: Milina/Rachel Weisz from Black Widow when it finally releases.
  • Raichu626 said:

New Characters:
    Mystique
    2 Kabam Originals
    Shang-Chi

Buffs:
    Science - Rhino, Ant Man

I think you could easily rebalance King Groot with a numbers tweak. Reduce his cooldown from 16 seconds to 12 seconds. Increase his chance to store a fury charge during cooldown from 9% to 15%.. Actual numbers negotiable, but reducing his cooldown would simultaneously improve his regen (and thus his tankiness) and also improve his fury uptime. It also reduces the amount of time to gain fury charges so adjusting the chance from 9% to 12% would basically return KB to building up fury charges during cooldown to the same rate as before. Buffing it all the way up to 15% would be increasing the average number of fury charges he gains by 25%.

So his fury/regen phases shift from 12s/16s to 12s/12s, and he would have on average one or two more furies while in the fury phase. You could tweak those numbers to make him sufficiently tanky and have enough damage to be a better than average performer. I don't think you need to give him more abilities: he has armor break and poison which is plenty, if only his numbers were high enough to make his performance comparable to peers.

I'm not sure I would want to give CW a small tweak, as there are some opportunities there to make him more interesting, but if I was tasked with rebalancing CW with the smallest tweak possible, I would change SP1 so that the four armor up buffs he gains expired sequentially rather than simultanously. That's it.
  • RU11011RU11011 Posts: 880 ★★★★
    I just want my boi Beta Ray Bill...
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    edited November 2020

Greekhit said:

Kabam doesn't do tie-ins to non-Marvel Studios movies.
    Kabam advertised Deadpool in-game w/arenas too and had an event tied to the release of Deadpool 2, adding Domino. There was also a symbiote themed event in Oct 2018 where they even advertised Venom too I believe.

Edit: I think they even advertised the Amazing Spiderman 2 when they added Electro way back in 2015 as well.
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Raichu626 said:

New Characters:
    Mystique
    2 Kabam Originals
    Shang-Chi

Buffs:
    Science - Rhino, Ant Man

I think you could easily rebalance King Groot with a numbers tweak.
    Yes. That is what I said. The champs I listed are the ones I don't think need an overhaul. KG and GG definitely don't.

The others have like 3 abilities each. You can't tweak Juggs, because he's got no foundation to tweak. I was pointing out that there were more than 6 champs in the list of overhauls, so they couldn't possibly all be done in 2021
  • Another_NameAnother_Name Posts: 180
    Calling it now, but we are getting Michael Korvac.
  • GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    RU11011 said:

I just want my boi Beta Ray Bill...

Same he would be such a cool character
  • Canucks37Canucks37 Posts: 85
    Really hoping for Kitty Pryde finally! She has to be the biggest X-men character left now that Xavier and Apocalypse are in the game. I would love cannonball, wolfsbane, maybe a non-phoenix version of Jean Grey, Jubilee and Banshee as well eventually
  • ABOMBABOMB Posts: 564 ★★★
    Zombie versions of the current champions 😆..seriously tho, you never know 🤷‍♂️
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    edited November 2020
    The only characters that actually need overhauls are the ones that simply don't have enough text in their kit such as OG Iron Man, OG Spidey, Cyclops. Those are characters that can't be fixed by only tweaking numbers or adding an extra ability or two.

Civil Warrior, Green Goblin, and BPCW all have enough things happening in their kits already. They just need to add some damage and usefulness/reliability to their utility. That's all it took with Falcon: more damage, more reliable AAR, made his damage extra crazy against evaders so he'd have a niche to excel in.

A lot of characters I think would be fine as is, not good but fine, if their damage just wasn't trash. KarateMike just did a video showing off Karnak and it looked like he would be a pretty solid character if he just got the Falcon treatment.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,347 ★★★★★
    Gwenom and antivenom id love to see next year if not then one day but wouldnt mind having more brotherhood mutants toad blob pyro