**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6.3.1 medusa counters (need help)

QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
edited November 2020 in Strategy and Tips

Who I've tried:

- Magneto (prowess constantly triggers buffet)
- Longshot (fully boosted, I was only doing 7% health per sp1, and I found it near impossible to outdamage buffet)
- Ronin (aggressive playstyle to keep up bleed damage cannot be maintained with dusa's autoblock and explosive personality)

Now it may just be that I suck at the game, have all the counters I need and it's just a matter of skill; or that I dont have a single option and need to wait it out. Any advice would be appreciated.

Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    i dont have any advice on who to use but your 6* roster is banging
    maybe try something with the despair mastery?
  • Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    Longshot can do it at Rank 2.
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    if you have despair maybe try spamming L1 with CAP IW???
  • pete8388pete8388 Posts: 142 ★★
    I don’t know if I’ve seen it done, but cap iw sp1? Ideally you would want him awakened with despair to counter buffet. Maybe could try turning off dex for that fight?
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,809 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    Qacob said:

Who I've tried:

- Magneto (prowess constantly triggers buffet)
    - Longshot (fully boosted, I was only doing 7% health per sp1, and I found it near impossible to outdamage buffet)
    - Ronin (aggressive playstyle to keep up bleed damage cannot be maintained with dusa's autoblock and explosive personality)

Now it may just be that I suck at the game, have all the counters I need and it's just a matter of skill; or that I dont have a single option and need to wait it out. Any advice would be appreciated.

If you have despair maxed, reach a special 3 with Magneto with as many prowess as you can or take BWCV and spam heavies to stack bleeds.
    If you still can’t do it, your best shot is to deactivate dexterity mastery, to avoid buffet regen, and use BWCV, or an other champ without buffs to take Medusa out.
  • Ken1378Ken1378 Posts: 279 ★★★
    Did you try BWCV? I‘m assuming her bleed is too small? And you can’t even chip away at her with Ronin and revives? Other than that, you might be stuck and have to rank up Blade or wait for Sym Supreme, Warlock or whoever else. Sorry.
  • Kevo9513Kevo9513 Posts: 356 ★★
    You have a counter, do the rankup. Rankups should be prioritized with immediate use.
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    Kevo9513 said:

You have a counter, do the rankup. Rankups should be prioritized with immediate use.

No iso though
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Cap iw parry-heavy spam sp1 maybe?
    Or open dual 5* crystals for symb supreme
  • RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★
    Maybe Masacre SP1?
  • LandsLands Posts: 40
    I literally just finally beat her for the first time. SS is the only viable option. Sorry. I just pulled him last week finally and gave her a shot. Spent plenty of units on this match.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Lands said:

I literally just finally beat her for the first time. SS is the only viable option. Sorry. I just pulled him last week finally and gave her a shot. Spent plenty of units on this match.

"Only viable option"? Are you kidding?
  • LandsLands Posts: 40
    I’m sure there are but for a moderately skill player her regen is to much to counter.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Have you used the generic AG yet? Alternate solution: Put it into Ægon along with tons of sigs, ramp him up high and throw Sp2's. Ginormous bleed dmg.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Have you used the generic AG yet? Alternate solution: Put it into Ægon along with tons of sigs, ramp him up high and throw Sp2's. Ginormous bleed dmg.

Nope, just hit into her block.

Wait...
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Nope, just hit into her block.

Wait...
    Yeah I just got past her, and if you have awakened Aegon ramped up and hit into her block, she takes block damage and the fight is not even that hard, just strange. I took off 75% of her health on my first try with my 5/65.
    Aegon is also a champion that you will never regret "wasting rank up materials" on. He has so many uses
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Yeah I saw that, gonna have to start grinding a serious amount of iso out though
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
    I was gonna make a separate thread but I think that’d be wasteful so I’ll just ask here: how good of an option is Warlock for that fight? I’ve had one for a while but didn’t think he’d be able to do it so I put it off
  • Ab_SamadAb_Samad Posts: 380 ★★

I was gonna make a separate thread but I think that’d be wasteful so I’ll just ask here: how good of an option is Warlock for that fight? I’ve had one for a while but didn’t think he’d be able to do it so I put it off

He's good I've seen couple of solos on YouTube you could check it out. Parry+Heavy he's viruses will take care of buffet. Easy game easy life
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    edited November 2020
    @BlackTuran Depending on rank and to a degree masteries (deep wounds) warlock is an easy solo. Parry heavy, sp3 to top up chip damage or sp2 to armourbreak. Just be really carefully with the sp2 only throw it if she has less than two furies or you risk getting autoblocked and wrecked by the node.