**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AQ & AW champions lock removal

TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Posts: 436 ★★★
edited November 2020 in Suggestions and Requests
Basically what the title says.

I would like to see Kabam get rid of the lock that prevents us from using champions in story and event missions when they are participating in AQ or AW.

I think many players would appreciate to be able to use their desired champs all of the time.

I think it's ok to lock them from AQ when they are already in AW and vice versa but I don't see any reason to be locking them from story and event missions.

Kabam, please make it happen as it would also mean quality to life improvement or whatever it is called. Thank you.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• endryuendryu Posts: 66
    its now alot faster to get good champs when in the time i started this game
    the game ment to be to farm crystals and open champions soo you can rank up them and use champs where you want, if you lack of champs then you will have more will to farm for new ones soo you can use them and do your best in aw, aq or questings
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

You can still use different champs even when there isn't a lock.

It's not about using the same champions all the time btw. I am exploring act 6 atm (completed 6.4 once) and just want to be able to choose from all my champions according to what I need most for a certain path I want to take.

There is absolutely no disadvantage for the players when the lock gets removed. Then it's totally up to you if you pick the same team or not.

You can, but you won’t, which is the reason behind this request, you want to use the same champs
  • TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Posts: 436 ★★★
    Lormif said:

You can still use different champs even when there isn't a lock.

It's not about using the same champions all the time btw. I am exploring act 6 atm (completed 6.4 once) and just want to be able to choose from all my champions according to what I need most for a certain path I want to take.

There is absolutely no disadvantage for the players when the lock gets removed. Then it's totally up to you if you pick the same team or not.

You can, but you won’t, which is the reason behind this request, you want to use the same champs

• UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    Well, they won’t be locked if you play at super low tiers...

Well, they won’t be locked if you play at super low tiers...

I don't think playing in super low tiers will help my progression but fair point 🙂
  • ImGodMFImGodMF Posts: 459 ★★★
    Its simple, just use champs you don't need for questing in AQ and AW or wait. I need a diverse roster for this, if I didnt id only use half a dozen champs.
    edited November 2020
    Why are so many players butthurt (disagree button smashers) over a simple request everyone would benefit from? 🤔 It's not like that it would screw anybody over would it?

I would like to know from the people who disagree why the lock is a good? I mean a really good reason. Not the "Then you don't pick the same team." bs reason. Maybe I am missing something that would make me change my mind.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Why are so many players butthurt (disagree button smashers) over a simple request everyone would benefit from? 🤔 It's not like that it would screw anybody over would it?

I would like to know from the people who disagree why the lock is a good? I mean a really good reason. Not the "Then you don't pick the same team." bs reason. Maybe I am missing something that would make me change my mind.

It is not a matter of being "butthurt", but way to completely and unreasonably discount other players opinions. It is a matter of not liking the constant "wowing" of the game, of removing any and all thought and or challenge to the game.
  • DiovedDioved Posts: 36
    edited November 2020
    I fully support the author of the topic.

Players who think that champion blocking is necessary, explain how I can beat Abomination on Cavalier difficulty in chapter 2.1 with any champion? Without that one that comes up and is blocked on AQ or QW?
  • DiovedDioved Posts: 36
    Before Cavalier difficulty arises, blocking champions can be justified by the need to expand the collection of champions. Acts 1-5, difficulty Unchained do not impose a variety of requirements on champions - all you need to do is take strong damage dealers and you can play.

On the Cavalier difficulty, which appeared in September, this is no longer enough. Each chapter requires a specific set of champions. This is a new mechanism for expanding the collection, and together with the old mechanism of blocking champions for the time of AQ & AW, it turns out that you can play actual content one or two days out of eight.