**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How can the gifting event be made fair?

MadTing123MadTing123 Posts: 118
edited November 2020 in Suggestions and Requests
I think the gifting event could maybe have something where you purchase a gifting crystal with something OTHER than units.....but put your very OWN thoughts below!!!
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    Gifting should stay units, but the ranked event could be a solo event to prevent a lot of cheating.
  • MadTing123MadTing123 Posts: 118
    Crcrcrc said:

Gifting should stay units, but the ranked event could be a solo event to prevent a lot of cheating.

True....but then the gap between F2P and paying players just becomes EVEN further if you get what I mean
    DRTO said:

Yeah a suggestion I saw in another post about this would be to just get rid of the rank rewards. Then everyone is aiming for the same thing and there won't be a crazy fight to get that top spot. If this were to happen though they should make the milestone rewards really good so that you are getting your units worth from gifiting.

Yeah mate you got a point, but when Kabam DO give rank rewards, you and I both know those rewards are really good, also it gives people a reason to fight for the top rank, If no units were involved, the fight would be a lot fairer
    edited November 2020

I think the gifting event could maybe have something where you purchase a gifting crystal with something OTHER than units.....but put your very OWN thoughts below!!!

ok ok. Ideas ummmm. Not do it?
    LMAO nah bro...the gifting event is amazing...not doing it would make it a VERY dry christmas
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★

LMAO nah bro...the gifting event is amazing...not doing it would make it a VERY dry christmas
    Exactly, it is the event which I look forward the most to every year! Really hope Kabam brings it back because all they have to do is make a few simple changes like removing ranked rewards and everyone is happy

Exactly, it is the event which I look forward the most to every year! Really hope Kabam brings it back because all they have to do is make a few simple changes like removing ranked rewards and everyone is happy
    EXACTLY!!!

Apart from removing rank rewards...those are always nice!

Perhaps milestone rewards are ok?
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    Just remove ranked rewards altogether. Or at least Alliance Ranked Rewards. Keep the gifting and milestone rewards.
    Etjama said:

Just remove ranked rewards altogether. Or at least Alliance Ranked Rewards. Keep the gifting and milestone rewards.

Yeah....I guess that COULD potentially work
    But for me it's just the thought of being ranked amongst all other players which drives me to do more
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Anyone who has ever tried to make all the presents even for a bunch of kids under 12 knows nothing is ever completely “fair”. It’s even worse when it involves alliances full of 35 years with access to YouTube channels.

• SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    CC fraud can take 30+ days before Apple/Google notifies the company that it was fraud.

Lots of crooked alliances will just buy accounts that have been around for awhile, and do CC fraud with those accounts, as long as the rewards are worth it.

They don't care if those accounts are locked to an alliance for X days before & after, they just want those juicy rewards.

Removing Rank rewards won't really help here, there are still other rewards they can do fraud on.

Kabam doing a "negative" balance on those accounts way after the event is over that did the fraud won't make a difference, those have served there purpose.

So, in short, unless the account is tied to an actual person, that could be proven, there is no fair way to stop all the fraud, if this event goes on, there still will be fraud.
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    when is the gifting event supposed to be if it happens again?
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    To make it the most fair would be to only count the members in the alliance towards the gifting event ranked rewards, no "members withdrawn"
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    May be seen as somewhat controversial but as soon as the month starts lock in the alliance members currently there for being the only ones who can contribute points towards the event. People can still be kicked and people can join but their points weren’t matter. It won’t entirely solve the issue but it will prevent people joining and selling their farmed/cheated units for dirt cheap

But for me it's just the thought of being ranked amongst all other players which drives me to do more

Its better to have a gifting event without ranked rewards than no gifting event at all
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    They can’t get rid of ranked. That is the main reason the event pulls in so much money
    Fabwizi said:

Just make a holiday crystal which we can buy for units , no need to stress about if other person is going to send you crystal back or not.

The whole point of the event is to gift crystals to other people. It would be nice if we could ALSO buy the crystals ourselves, both it should not come at the cost of sending gifts to others
  • GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★

I Agree with u
  • OneMast3rOneMast3r Posts: 331 ★★
    Make it known that fraud will get your account perma banned?
    Moot4Life said:

when is the gifting event supposed to be if it happens again?

Christmas

Its better to have a gifting event without ranked rewards than no gifting event at all
    Yeah mate you got a point