**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Nova: The most underrated champ

MikeymonstesMikeymonstes Posts: 151
edited November 2020 in General Discussion

I beat the abyss and used the Ag I got on him. No regrets. IMO the most looked down upon good champ of all time.

Agree or disagree??

Comments

• MarshMarloMarshMarlo Posts: 243 ★★★
    He's mid tier. No one is underrating him. You'd only use him if you don't have the upper cosmic champs.

I personally love his animations tho.
  • Rouger4Rouger4 Posts: 633 ★★★
    I agree I took mine to r3 as a fun rank up
    Hmm not as much hate as I thought it would get. Not saying much as no one replied to it yet.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Rouger4 said:

Nova is not a mediocre champ. In my opinion he’s very solid, maybe not god tier but definitely high Demi. His autoblock is a extremely reliable mechanic that gives you a opportunity to counter attack, and it isn’t to compensate for his risky play style, which if you know how to play him isn’t very risky.

His damage might not seem like much at the start, but the furies are actually very easy to stack, and now I do it almost subconsciously, mine isn’t duped, but at max sig his damage increases exponentially. Also the energy damage adds in some damage as well.

His true strike might seem short, but it’s actually good because the sp1 is part of his rotation, and his ability to gain power from dashing allows him to hammer in with true strike then stay passive and gain power.

He also has a extremely long armour break against is highly assessable against tech champs.

Also, even thought going to 100 charges is terrible for his rotation generally, when u stacked to 5 furies and ur about to lose it , I generally go unblockable and hammer in as much damage as I can, which is potentially useful and fun.

So he isn’t a mediocre champ, he has:
    - Solid damage
    - Energy attacks
    - unique play style that bypasses some nodes
    - Fun factor
    -many buffs
    - Decent Evade and Autoblock Counter
    - On demand Power Gain
    - Good animations
    - Unblockable
    - High Prestige
    - Good Defender
    So there. Nova COSMIC COrVuS CONFIRMED

I'd say he's the definition of mediocre. For some reason people seem to think mediocre means bad, it doesn't. It just means he's not the worst but not great, somewhere inbetween. Think about the cosmic champions that are more viable than him; hyperion, medusa, corvus, captain marvel, cull obsidian, cosmic ghost rider, silver surfer, venom, venom the duck, vision aarkus, carnage, proxima. Thats 12 champions that in my opinion are clearly more viable than Nova so that puts him at best 13th in the cosmic class and arguably even lower considering champions like Ronan and heimdall whom are used very frequently for their niche. So he's basically around the top 40th percentile, that's pretty textbook mediocre.
    Sungj said:

Rouger4 said:

Nova is not a mediocre champ. In my opinion he’s very solid, maybe not god tier but definitely high Demi. His autoblock is a extremely reliable mechanic that gives you a opportunity to counter attack, and it isn’t to compensate for his risky play style, which if you know how to play him isn’t very risky.

His damage might not seem like much at the start, but the furies are actually very easy to stack, and now I do it almost subconsciously, mine isn’t duped, but at max sig his damage increases exponentially. Also the energy damage adds in some damage as well.

His true strike might seem short, but it’s actually good because the sp1 is part of his rotation, and his ability to gain power from dashing allows him to hammer in with true strike then stay passive and gain power.

He also has a extremely long armour break against is highly assessable against tech champs.

Also, even thought going to 100 charges is terrible for his rotation generally, when u stacked to 5 furies and ur about to lose it , I generally go unblockable and hammer in as much damage as I can, which is potentially useful and fun.

- Solid damage
    - Energy attacks
    - Fun factor
    -many buffs
    - On demand Power Gain
    - Good animations
    - Unblockable
    - High Prestige
    - Good Defender

I'd say he's the definition of mediocre. For some reason people seem to think mediocre means bad, it doesn't. It just means he's not the worst but not great, somewhere inbetween. Think about the cosmic champions that are more viable than him; hyperion, medusa, corvus, captain marvel, cull obsidian, cosmic ghost rider, silver surfer, venom, venom the duck, vision aarkus, carnage, proxima. Thats 12 champions that in my opinion are clearly more viable than Nova so that puts him at best 13th in the cosmic class and arguably even lower considering champions like Ronan and heimdall whom are used very frequently for their niche. So he's basically around the top 40th percentile, that's pretty textbook mediocre.
    That’s a valid point. But isn’t 50% mediocre?
  • GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    Rouger4 said:

- Solid damage
    - Energy attacks
    - Fun factor
    -many buffs
    - On demand Power Gain
    - Good animations
    - Unblockable
    - High Prestige
    - Good Defender

CORVUS IS COSMIC
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    Nova's biggest problem, one he shares with Silver Surfer in my opinion, is that there's no real reason to master him outside of just liking the character. For Nova to be at his best he needs to be at high sig and when you combine that with his unforgiving playstyle he just becomes much too demanding for too little. I actually like his playstyle, mostly, I just wish I was rewarded with some crazy damage for jumping though all the hoops that are required to play him or that he was simply reworked and made easier to play. Juggling him is easy enough in easy fights, but even then in those fights I absolutely hate slipping up and hitting 100 charges. In fact playing him sometimes feels like I'm just unnecessarily being punished. Its just too much work for too little return.

For example would players take the time to master champions like Quake or Ghost if they weren't crazy OP? Then there are Champions like Corvus or Cosmic Ghost Rider whose crazy damage is accessible with no real work, relatively speaking, so why bother with Nova? Even Hela is more enticing to master then him lol
    Gardener said:

Rouger4 said:

- Solid damage
    - Energy attacks
    - Fun factor
    -many buffs
    - On demand Power Gain
    - Good animations
    - Unblockable
    - High Prestige
    - Good Defender

CORVUS IS COSMIC
    It was a joke which originated form the time when cgr was called cosmic Corvus.
  • DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    edited November 2020
    I would rank up Nova for alliance war defence, and I see the drive with prestige based on which 6* options you have.

But come on, let's be honest, Nova's main utility is to have a safety net if you struggle to keep a combo and could use more practice intercepting (but that is a valid reason to like him!).
    DannyB01 said:

I would rank up Nova for alliance war defence, and I see the drive with prestige based on which 6* options you have.

But come on, let's be honest, Nova's main utility is to have a safety net if you struggle to keep a combo and could use more practice intercepting (but that is a valid reason to like him!).

DannyB01 said:

Apart from that safety net, he can gain power on demand, go unblockable and gain many buffs, as well as true strike and energy attacks which can bypass korg.
  • shield456shield456 Posts: 1,979 ★★★

I beat the abyss and used the Ag I got on him. No regrets. IMO the most looked down upon good champ of all time.

Agree or disagree??

https://images.app.goo.gl/AphF1B7JrTj13oUt5