**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why Petrify and Pacify are the most underrated masteries in the game

2»

Comments

• Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    DuMonU said:

“Before I start with describing how awesome these masteries are, I do think they can be better to entice the player base to invest mastery points into them.”

In my opinion, trying to sell how great these masteries are by beginning with the above statement says it all. They work for some champs and work for some situations, same as most masteries but in my opinion are not must have’s.

I think for the points invested they can be better. Most people invest one point each, or with one maxed.

In general, the masteries haven't been updated much and can be improved. These masteries are no different.

However, if you do want to invest in it, I tried to show the return of investment.
    Rouger4 said:

Pacify isn’t much on its own,for example you are not gonna go into a Magik fight with a normal character thinking pacify will help you solo it, but combining things like magnetos ability accuracy reduction with it creates some great results

Indeed, it is the synergy that matters.

I forgot to put Domino on the list, as her critical failure is based on AAR, it triggers a lot more with Pacify.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

Rouger4 said:

Pacify isn’t much on its own,for example you are not gonna go into a Magik fight with a normal character thinking pacify will help you solo it, but combining things like magnetos ability accuracy reduction with it creates some great results

Indeed, it is the synergy that matters.

I forgot to put Domino on the list, as her critical failure is based on AAR, it triggers a lot more with Pacify.
    Yeah domino benefits immensely from pacify.
  • LyingninjaLyingninja Posts: 182
    I dont think anyone overlooks these 2 masteries......these should be mandatory considering the contents right now
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★

Ummmm did you forget the part where stun renders everyone except Mordo unable to evade? Sure it can be used for other things, but you crutch on that where Mordo is the only applicable enemy to preventing evade.

I run max petrify and benefit from it extensively, but I don’t want AAR in play when I’m hitting a stunned opponent (masochism, Thing, etc). It could be used in niche circumstances, but it’s not worth it to me.

I like your write up, and agree on the petrify but not the pacify

Mordo is immune to AAR, only slow, fatigue or concussion prevents astral evade.
    I’m pretty sure he is immune to passive AAR, since with void I have ignored his evade when I had 2 stacks of agility (which is evade AAR). Maybe since the stun is an active debuff it would contribute. I know it certainly works that way for agility debuffs.

Ummmm did you forget the part where stun renders everyone except Mordo unable to evade? Sure it can be used for other things, but you crutch on that where Mordo is the only applicable enemy to preventing evade.

I run max petrify and benefit from it extensively, but I don’t want AAR in play when I’m hitting a stunned opponent (masochism, Thing, etc). It could be used in niche circumstances, but it’s not worth it to me.

I’m pretty sure he is immune to passive AAR, since with void I have ignored his evade when I had 2 stacks of agility (which is evade AAR). Maybe since the stun is an active debuff it would contribute. I know it certainly works that way for agility debuffs.
    It works because Void has fatigue.
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,322 ★★★★
    Maxing all those Support skills was the first I ever did and I never changed that. So I don‘t know if they are really underrated or people just use them but don‘t talk about it ... because it‘s just normal for them. Nothing really worth mentioning.

But you put a lot of effort in your post, respect.
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,322 ★★★★

Archangel‘s Heavys ignore his Astral Evade thing. Ever since. Maybe it‘s a Bug or some kind of unintended mechanic ... or his Neurotoxin AAR (but happens without Neuros already). But always used him as my Mordo Counter.
    WOLF_LINK said:

Archangel‘s Heavys ignore his Astral Evade thing. Ever since. Maybe it‘s a Bug or some kind of unintended mechanic ... or his Neurotoxin AAR (but happens without Neuros already). But always used him as my Mordo Counter.
    It is probably a bug.
  • TheExit27TheExit27 Posts: 660 ★★★
    I've been enjoying my max Petrify and 1 point Pacify for over a year now. This is a great post btw.