**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Recoil

The_Blue_JaguarThe_Blue_Jaguar Posts: 249 ★★
edited November 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Hey everyone. I’ve been thinking about suicides a lot, and obviously the biggest factor that plays into the decision to run them or not is recoil. I think it makes sense that there’s a sacrifice to get the damage boost, but I’m curious if you think recoil should be revised. I don’t think removing it completely would be smart, because then everyone would run suicides and there’d be no real reason not to unless you don’t run willpower. But do you think it would be reasonable to drop the percentage of damage taken per special from 5 to 3 percent? Or lower the damage by .75 percent for every level in it? What would you suggest, or would you even change anything? I’d love to hear your thoughts! In addition, if you have any tips or tricks to get around recoil that you’d like to share, go for it!
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★

Hey everyone. I’ve been thinking about suicides a lot, and obviously the biggest factor that plays into the decision to run them or not is recoil. I think it makes sense that there’s a sacrifice to get the damage boost, but I’m curious if you think recoil should be revised. I don’t think removing it completely would be smart, because then everyone would run suicides and there’d be no real reason not to unless you don’t run willpower. But do you think it would be reasonable to drop the percentage of damage taken per special from 5 to 3 percent? Or lower the damage by .75 percent for every level in it? What would you suggest, or would you even change anything? I’d love to hear your thoughts! In addition, if you have any tips or tricks to get around recoil that you’d like to share, go for it!

For the tips and tricks part i think if you phase in time with ghost your able to avoid recoil
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Gardener said:

For the tips and tricks part i think if you phase in time with ghost your able to avoid recoil
    Also w magik
    And awakened CMM.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Or just use champs like AA that dont need specials
  • Jana3011Jana3011 Posts: 22
    I really really hate recoil . It wont work if we dont have defuff like bleed. Not only me who dislike this. There are alot people keep commenting "Recoil is waste" in youtube comment section.
  • jgrazjgraz Posts: 82
    Gardener said:

Also w magik

Kill_Grey said:

And awakened CMM.

Rulk special 2 will regenerate a touch more then the recoil damage. And with synergy even more
    Rouge special 1 will almost always draw more health then recoil
    Omega special 1 with 10+ spores with out heal the recoil
  • AATTAATT Posts: 525 ★★★
    They are know as suicides. You need to sacrifice something for attack boost. +60% is a huge boost, so fights are quite faster than with a normal mastery setup.

This should continue like it is. Imagine removing recoil, most players will switch to suicides masteries and Kabam will start increasing health pools of future path defenders and bosses. I don't want that