**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

No More Cosmic ramp up Champs, PLEASE

2»

Comments

• GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    sdexc said:

Gardener said:

Skill needs it more honestly

Yup but they made him cosmic
    no sh1t sherlock. i thought he was tech
    Is that a joke @sdexc or a offensive comment to me?
  • Maltyo9Maltyo9 Posts: 270 ★★★
    Not to pile on to the whole "Why is this champ ______, and not ______?"

But why are the F4 all Science champs when they gained their powers by being exposed to Cosmic rays?

Don't get me wrong, please leave them alone, because I love my 6* HT, just saying...
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    sdexc said:

Patchie93 said:

sdexc said:

Aziz5253 said:

sdexc said:

sdexc said:

Why wouldn’t Hercules be cosmic? Champs are based on canon not game balance. He’s an Olympian which is a similar species to the asgardians, all of which are cosmics aside from the sole exception of Thor.

They kinda r based on game balance.
    A lot of characters can easily have arguments made to shift their classes.
    Why is Cap not skill?
    Why is Antman, Wasp, YJ not tech?
    Why is BPCW and Killmonger not tech?
    Why is Stealth Suit Skill when Spiderman is Science and Stark Enchanced is Tech?
    green goblin not Science?
    Drax, Gamora, not Skill?
    A lot of champs could easily be many diff classes is the point. There can be arguments made for a lot of characters to be in diff classes,
    The entire cap line isn’t skill
    Pym science/tech gives them shrinking powers. Could go either way.
    Because they just have suits with kinetic energy mechanisms, not suits with advanced AIs and weaponry.
    Maybe they just wanted to make a distinction between the two. Good argument to be made there though.
    That’s a weird case. I can see arguments for both classes.
    Alien species from space.

effectively what im trying to say is these char can fit into a lot of diff classes. like thor rags. hes skill and not cosmic becuz kabam decided him to be. they couldve easily done the same with hercules but would have made a lot more sense since hercules is a brawler. he doesnt have lightning powers or whatever. just standard super strength etc.
    Its not kabam who decides what class he belongs into. It's Disney/Marvel for that matter
    and how do you know that? that seems highly unlikely
    When GG and Doc Oct came out as tech Champs this argument came up and kabam straight out said that Marvel Essentially tells them w
    i was asking for a source not someone just telling me stuff.
    What do you expect ? The source are like many years ago, how do we find when they are thousand or post with almost same topic, just know their character's class are marvel decision
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    This sounds like a complain post from someone who was a Hercules supporter and now isn’t. Thank you for seeing the light.
  • GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    sdexc said:

Gardener said:

sdexc said:

Gardener said:

Skill needs it more honestly

Yup but they made him cosmic
    no sh1t sherlock. i thought he was tech
    Is that a joke @sdexc or a offensive comment to me?
    idk u tell me.
    its obv a joke. pathetic u needed that explained
    And please explain to me @sdexc why its "pathetic" that i need that explained to me
  • sdexc said:

DNA3000 said:

sdexc said:

Why wouldn’t Hercules be cosmic? Champs are based on canon not game balance. He’s an Olympian which is a similar species to the asgardians, all of which are cosmics aside from the sole exception of Thor.

Why is Cap not skill?
    Why is Stealth Suit Skill when Spiderman is Science and Stark Enchanced is Tech?
    Drax, Gamora, not Skill?
    A lot of champs could easily be many diff classes is the point. There can be arguments made for a lot of characters to be in diff classes,
    Of course you can make arguments for champions being in more than one class. But that's irrelevant to the question of whether they choose class based on game balance concerns. They almost certainly do not, because champion class is set very early on the character concept creation process, before the champion's abilities and gameplay are actually designed. They don't know what they are adding to the class when they choose the class. And they can't just change it later, because class is almost certainly set in conjunction with Marvel, who approves all character concepts and character designs.
    those argumenst were to point out how classes can be easily diff and arent necesarily based on canon
    so why did they make Hercules cosmic?
    Classes aren't based on comic book canon because classes don't exist in the Marvel Universe: they are a game construct, like rank and rarity. Hercules is cosmic because the game has a general rule of thumb that champions whose powers and abilities come primarily from being an alien tend to be cosmic. Simple as that. Simple enough that the overwhelming majority of players of the game were guessing he was going to be cosmic the moment he was announced, because that's an easy thing to guess.
  • sdexc said:

Patchie93 said:

sdexc said:

Aziz5253 said:

sdexc said:

sdexc said:

Why is Cap not skill?
    Drax, Gamora, not Skill?
    The entire cap line isn’t skill
    Pym science/tech gives them shrinking powers. Could go either way.
    Because they just have suits with kinetic energy mechanisms, not suits with advanced AIs and weaponry.
    Maybe they just wanted to make a distinction between the two. Good argument to be made there though.
    That’s a weird case. I can see arguments for both classes.
    Alien species from space.

effectively what im trying to say is these char can fit into a lot of diff classes. like thor rags. hes skill and not cosmic becuz kabam decided him to be. they couldve easily done the same with hercules but would have made a lot more sense since hercules is a brawler. he doesnt have lightning powers or whatever. just standard super strength etc.
    Its not kabam who decides what class he belongs into. It's Disney/Marvel for that matter
    and how do you know that? that seems highly unlikely
    When GG and Doc Oct came out as tech Champs this argument came up and kabam straight out said that Marvel Essentially tells them w
    i was asking for a source not someone just telling me stuff.
    There are enough sources where Kabam designers state that their champion designers work with Marvel and Marvel has approval over that design that this is considered common knowledge. Many times it has come up in interviews, so finding it would take going back over various interviews looking for the right passage. But I can assure you that it has come up before multiple times on the forums and the Reddit.

If only a citation will satisfy you here, I don't have one, and at the moment don't have time to locate one.
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    Mightv voted Hercules if he was skill, but another Cosmic Ramp up champ that even requires high skill like Aegon? No thanks.
  • PappaBunnyPappaBunny Posts: 112
    Hercules could also be mutant. His father was a god, his mother was human. Namor is considered a mutant because he only has one human parent.
  • Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 925 ★★★★
    Make him a mystic just because we can!!!
  • SecretWarri0rSecretWarri0r Posts: 230
    edited November 2020
    sdexc said:

Why is Cap not skill?
    Drax, Gamora, not Skill?
    1. Cap gets his powers from super soldier serum, not just honed fighting ability. He was a nerdy and puny weakling who underwent science experimentation before he could ever fight at all.
    2. AM, Wasp, YJ all get their powers predominantly from Pym-Particles, a science experiment.
    3. Black Panther has no superhuman abilities, ostensibly, only honed fighting abilities, same as KM, but they have augmented themselves. HOWEVER, BP originally got enhanced abilities from the heart shaped herb, THEN when he became king of the dead, got enhanced abilites from Bast, so if there were another class he could fit in, Mystic would actually be the best fit, other than skill. That said, the vast majority of the powers he uses on a day to day basis stem from skill-related honed fighting/tracking/hunting abilities and agility/dexterity.
    4. Stealthy in the movie had lost his spider sense, so was relying on his remaining spider powers/skills and his developing fighting skills, until happy hogan brought him another stark nanosuit. Then he regained his spider sense finally at the very end. Also kabam obviously must have just wanted to make a spidey of another class after having them all science, then a tech. Mutant wouldnt work obv, cosmic spidey isn’t in game yet, and mystic wouldn’t have made sense. Skill would have been the only fit.
    5. Green Goblin you’re right about, since his came from goblin formula.
    6. Drax and Gamora are cosmic heroes, not earthbound.

99% of their classes are allotted canonically correct by kabam. Exceptions are here and there, of course, like GG you mentioned, as well as Longshot, and a couple others. (Not the FF though, a lot of people think for some reason they should have been cosmic but that makes no sense since the majority of their adventures are earthbound, albeit in different realities, as well as the fact that while their powers came from cosmic ray bombardment, it was a failed SCIENCE experiment. Had to beat that one to the punch)

Also, before you complain about sources, for one, my 32 year history of reading Marvel Comics, encyclopedic knowledge thereof, plus anyone can always go to the marvel fandom wiki and see all this info for themselves. The info in that wiki is rock solid.
  • SecretWarri0rSecretWarri0r Posts: 230

Have we even seen what Hercules will look like, or if he will win?

I’d be willing to put real actual money on omega sentinel winning. I’ve seen way too many people pulling for Karima over Herc. Probably 4 to 1. So no, personally I doubt very much Herc will win.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    I agree. This is why I love Prof. X. He’s already decent even before his rampup. The rest of the cosmic gang on the otherhand are way underwhelming to unusable.
  • crossshattercrossshatter Posts: 249
    sdexc said:

Why is Cap not skill?
    Drax, Gamora, not Skill?
    Cap is not skill because he was injected with a science serum(super soldier serum)
    Green goblin isn't science because his kit is based on tech (his glider and bombs)
    Dead and gamora arent skill because they are from another planet
    Stark enhanced is tech because his suit is based on tech bruh,it's called stark ENHANCED
    Ant man and the gang are science because they use some type of science abilities (don't know how to say it) basically because they go in quantum things
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

Hercules could also be mutant. His father was a god, his mother was human. Namor is considered a mutant because he only has one human parent.

Namor is a mutant because he is mutant. Not because his parents are different.
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★

He's considered a mutant because he is an actual Marvel mutant, the mutated X-Gene, X-Men kind of mutant.