**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Should Content Creators be allowed to showcase “beta champs”

Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
edited November 2020 in General Discussion
Don’t know why it’s bothering me so much, but I can’t help but think that content creators should not be allowed to rank up any champs they want to showcase.

My number one reason is they are able to test champs out and make rank up decisions based on what they have access too. If I was in CCP I would probably be testing all my champs as well, but feels like this ruins a particular element of the game; mainly the idea of exploring a new champ! Especially now when you see someone rank up a champ to R3 and you think they did something unique , but it’s just beta rank up.

One could argue this also helps make their rank up choices easier. But my point is, the game is supposed to be calculated every corner. Now it has become a playground.

How do you guys feel? If I were Kabam I would just give material to rank up the new champ.

Comments

• Texas_11 said:

Nah, it doesn't bother me. CCP helps other to decides rank ups and to see potential content they will be good in. Plus the CCP can help identify potential issues with the champs too

It’s probably me just antsy that I can’t rank up all my champs and just test them lol. You know a 3 day free trial.
    Oh I get that haha I would so do it if I could too
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Texas_11 said:

Nah, it doesn't bother me. CCP helps other to decides rank ups and to see potential content they will be good in. Plus the CCP can help identify potential issues with the champs too

It’s probably me just antsy that I can’t rank up all my champs and just test them lol. You know a 3 day free trial.
    Oh I get that haha I would so do it if I could too
    I just think that creates a huge advantage. If I was on CCP I would probably play the game on the beta and just make tons of videos of champs.

Thanks

I ignore ccp altogether anyways. I dislike judgements that arent my own when it comes to brand new champs.

I think the CCP is good, just not basically a playground for rank ups. I have to say, I test champs through and through and ignoring the CCP videos I don’t think can benefit you at all. Hearing others opinions and trying to figure out rotations I think would help. But good to know. Would like to see a write up if yours.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Yes, CCP do have advantage over normal players as they can have earlier access to those new champs and get used to their play styles before fighting in non-beta environment. Nonetheless, I don't know if there is any specific criteria but the CCPs who show up in youtube are all top-of-the cream players.

The relationship between CCP and game company is something similar to a sub-contractor and main contractor. The game company allows those CCPs an early access under beta environment, in return those CCPs make content to "promote" new champs, so as to attract more PTW players willing to spend money on it. If CCPs are refrained from showcase new champs, then there is no need to have CCP at all.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

I ignore ccp altogether anyways. I dislike judgements that arent my own when it comes to brand new champs.

I think the CCP is good, just not basically a playground for rank ups. I have to say, I test champs through and through and ignoring the CCP videos I don’t think can benefit you at all. Hearing others opinions and trying to figure out rotations I think would help. But good to know. Would like to see a write up if yours.
    I value other opinions but unlike some people, i dont make an actual decision until ive had time to test myself.
  • Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★
    I actually agree. To me when ccp gets new champs to test and make videos about it should be about that champ and the senergys they have...it does give them an unfair advantage of testing out champs to see if they like em at a certain rank before they do it on live server which none of the player base gets to. I also don’t agree with them being allowed to get the champ from arena too. As they already know if it’s a good champ or not and can adjust their schedule and what not to do those arenas. It’s just same as some of those who got to beta test 6.1 they was ineligible for legend tag for having an unfair advantage. It’s same premise
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    CCP is a good way to show the champs and give the idea about them before they come into the game. It's perfectly fine.
  • Pratham02Pratham02 Posts: 281 ★★
    Why you bully my Guinea pigs ?
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    sdexc said:

Texas_11 said:

Don’t know why it’s bothering me so much, but I can’t help but think that content creators should not be allowed to rank up any champs they want to showcase.

My number one reason is they are able to test champs out and make rank up decisions based on what they have access too. If I was in CCP I would probably be testing all my champs as well, but feels like this ruins a particular element of the game; mainly the idea of exploring a new champ! Especially now when you see someone rank up a champ to R3 and you think they did something unique , but it’s just beta rank up.

One could argue this also helps make their rank up choices easier. But my point is, the game is supposed to be calculated every corner. Now it has become a playground.

How do you guys feel? If I were Kabam I would just give material to rank up the new champ.

i cant think of a single person in the CCP that doesnt have a super-endgame roster. With the amount of champs they have, being able to see test some widely known meh character can do at R5 sig 200 is mainly just fir entertainment value. Even without the ccp we already know who to rankup and which characters r good/bad. The revamp to the ccp is great. now we get to see content creators make videos on underrated/meme rank5 sig 200s and see the extent of the damage output. At the end of the day before the ccp was how it is now, we already knew which characters to rank up.
    this. and if they rank someone up, they'll showcase that beta ganeplay, and it'll entice other people to rank that champ up or at least consider that champ, which is a big part of the ccp
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

sdexc said:

Texas_11 said:

i cant think of a single person in the CCP that doesnt have a super-endgame roster. With the amount of champs they have, being able to see test some widely known meh character can do at R5 sig 200 is mainly just fir entertainment value. Even without the ccp we already know who to rankup and which characters r good/bad. The revamp to the ccp is great. now we get to see content creators make videos on underrated/meme rank5 sig 200s and see the extent of the damage output. At the end of the day before the ccp was how it is now, we already knew which characters to rank up.
    Rich the man comparetivley dosent have a super endgame roster.
    Neither does Katy, Lord Shaedow, Supr, most of the umcoc people, or lots of other people that for some reason people don't even seem to realize are in the CCP.

It's also completely irrelevant.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

It doesn't bother me becuase:

1. They are all in master bracket of AW so out of my competition range. If I were in masters, then yes, they would have an advantage over me.
    2. They are already massive whales. So, if they were not in CCP, they would still have access to far more rank up materials and champs than I do as a f2p. If I was a massive whale as well, then yes, they would have an advantage over me as they are able to get more of an access.
    3. They are only a handful of people. If the program was rolled out to more people, then yes, it is a massive advantage and unfair to others.

Except for BG.
    edited November 2020
    Texas_11 said:

So why don't you just apply to join the CCP? Get a YT channel, get 1000 subs and put out videos. That's all it takes. then you can rank whoever you want, whenever you want.

You also have the option not to watch their videos on new champs and make decisions on your own. There's probably like 30ish CCP members and only a handful that I can think of make videos like- Seatin, Lagacy, KT1, BG, Karatemike and Dave. RTM is in it but I rarely see any videos from him testing champs. I see content from Katy every once in awhile but not many others. Could be i'm not subscribed to their channels though.

I could care less what the CCP does. They are on a beta server that isn't connected with the live game. Things like someone placing Killmonger on defense for Seatin before his release can't happen anymore. Good for them being in the program. I'd love to be in it but i'm not great at making and editing videos and don't have the time for it and I have zero desire to voice videos and be on camera.

This is just another case of someone having something someone wants and doesn't want to do the work to get it and has to complain about it to lessen the worth of the people that have it. It's outright jealously.
    HI_guys said:

Tech companies ship out their products to reviewers for free to review and then take it back.
    They don't get paid but they make money off of it.

It's the same with CCP. They don't get paid directly by Kabam but get money from their videos.

If anything it helps us see the champs at their high potential.

If it bothers you so much seeing them do those rank ups don't watch it?

There will obviously be perks for reviewing champs and taking those away is not helping anyone. Them having an easier time choosing rankups shouldn't disturb you in the least

I'd love to be like Lew from Unbox Therapy. He gets some crazy awesome stuff.

Texas_11 said:

So why don't you just apply to join the CCP? Get a YT channel, get 1000 subs and put out videos. That's all it takes. then you can rank whoever you want, whenever you want.

You also have the option not to watch their videos on new champs and make decisions on your own. There's probably like 30ish CCP members and only a handful that I can think of make videos like- Seatin, Lagacy, KT1, BG, Karatemike and Dave. RTM is in it but I rarely see any videos from him testing champs. I see content from Katy every once in awhile but not many others. Could be i'm not subscribed to their channels though.

I could care less what the CCP does. They are on a beta server that isn't connected with the live game. Things like someone placing Killmonger on defense for Seatin before his release can't happen anymore. Good for them being in the program. I'd love to be in it but i'm not great at making and editing videos and don't have the time for it and I have zero desire to voice videos and be on camera.

This is just another case of someone having something someone wants and doesn't want to do the work to get it and has to complain about it to lessen the worth of the people that have it. It's outright jealously.

Interesting thoughts. Thank you for the feedback.

This is not a case of that though. I never said I didn’t enjoy the videos nor did I say I don’t think it’s cool material. You read my message and basically said “ you are jealous, and don’t be lazy “. What I said was I would do the same thing. But my concern was just the calculated rank up of Mcoc. For me it feels like it completely eliminates an aspect of the game. This is a good thing because it helps us makes decisions, but at the same time I don’t like it.
    Who_knows said:

Texas_11 said:

Things like someone placing Killmonger on defense for Seatin before his release can't happen anymore
    And he didn't get banned...
    But if I give my password to someone from my alliance, Kabam would ban me without a second though.
    I guess when it comes to Kabam CCP members have more flexibility around the TOS
    He got kicked from the program. But you're right, there's always been mystery surrounding why he didn't get in more trouble.
  • DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
    It’s a marketing strategy= done

The reality is that the programs does influence many people on rank up decisions. Doesn’t matter what the few of say.

It creates more talk about the game. It’s supposed to be a “better” version of that champ. Em creates excitement and people will continue to play to see said champ.

If they had CCP and they weren’t able to make the new updated public, it would leave the members only with the ability to say “I like the new update”.

That doesn’t excite people.
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Interesting thoughts. Thank you for the feedback.

This is not a case of that though. I never said I didn’t enjoy the videos nor did I say I don’t think it’s cool material. You read my message and basically said “ you are jealous, and don’t be lazy “. What I said was I would do the same thing. But my concern was just the calculated rank up of Mcoc. For me it feels like it completely eliminates an aspect of the game. This is a good thing because it helps us makes decisions, but at the same time I don’t like it.
    Then I don't understand your point. There's a high percentage of this game that revolves around opinion. Whether is youtubers or here on the forums or alliance mates. Tons of people daily ask opinions on rank ups or how to use this champ or that champ or even creating your own tier lists aside from people like Seatin. But that's also why we are a community so we can share information.

Since Kabam doesn't do champ break down videos, they never have aside from showcasing specials, we have to translate what's on paper to usability. The aspect of "calculates rank ups" still exists, just not in the way you want it too. Based on the info given, you still need to figure out how a champ fits into your team and if it's worth ranking up to you.

CCP doesn't exist to sway your opinion, or at least shouldn't, they exist to showcase what champs can do. Would it be nice for everyone to do what they can? Of course. I'd love to rank up freely and test some of my favorite champs like Moon Knight or Night Thrasher but I can't and I'm ok with it. I also know that I can spend my resources on those champs as well if I wanted too. I like what Seatin is doing with his Revisiting series. Because now incan see these lesser used champions in action without the cost of my resources.
This discussion has been closed.