**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale [Merged Threads]

Comments

• SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    Just rank 3 that garbage so you can get the better deals then....

imo, I will not do that to myself just for some deals that will come back around again anyway
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

It doesn’t look like it this year. They said in the message that they won’t change or update so I wouldn’t risk missing out on it

That could just mean there won't be additional offers added through the period as well. It's honestly not very clear and they really should specify one way or the other beforehand being as there's a precedent set already
    Thats what I thought too
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    MavRCK_ said:

They'll miss out on a lot of people willing to spend for cyber monday $ deals to get thronebreaker title and the resultant thronebreaker unit offers.

If players are locked to cavalier, it's likely they may not be as enticed to spend $ units and if they do, they'll also be less likely to spend the units on cavalier unit offers which don't help their progression.

Seems like it's a win win for Kabam to have $ offers to get Cavalier people to get to thronebreaker and then spend those units on the thronebreaker offers.

It’s not. They are trying to make a clear distinction between cavalier and thronebreaker. This is why they made they requirement an R3, it was originally designed to be 100% abyss.

They made it clear they want to separate players because if they didn’t do it this way, eventually people would have an R3 champ before they had to finish act 6. Similar to how people have 5/55 champs clearing all of act 6.1 and 2
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

@Kabam Miike Can we get some clarification on this?

I'd rather not have to R3 Green Goblin/War Machine/Iron Patriot/P2099 just to get Thronebreaker...

You'd be pretty foolish to do that regardless of the deals
    P2099 at least is worth the r3
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

MavRCK_ said:

They'll miss out on a lot of people willing to spend for cyber monday $ deals to get thronebreaker title and the resultant thronebreaker unit offers.

If players are locked to cavalier, it's likely they may not be as enticed to spend $ units and if they do, they'll also be less likely to spend the units on cavalier unit offers which don't help their progression.

Seems like it's a win win for Kabam to have $ offers to get Cavalier people to get to thronebreaker and then spend those units on the thronebreaker offers.

It’s not. They are trying to make a clear distinction between cavalier and thronebreaker. This is why they made they requirement an R3, it was originally designed to be 100% abyss.

They made it clear they want to separate players because if they didn’t do it this way, eventually people would have an R3 champ before they had to finish act 6. Similar to how people have 5/55 champs clearing all of act 6.1 and 2
    https://youtu.be/Arv0rftGNoE

Texas_11 said:

MavRCK_ said:

You can theoretically do this anyways considering you get a full T5CC for completing Abyss...
    Correct. But that’s what they wanted it to be. And tweaked it significantly.

A master level 1 ally were getting the same deals as someone who beat the collector once. This made it so they can’t rewards players the same and we keep hearing this word “ economy” thrown around
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    JessieS said:

I keep wondering why it’s so hard for Kabam to be clear and accurate with their announcement. Not everybody first language is English. It’s really not that hard to clearly state . If you become uc/Cav/ throne once the deals start you won’t be able to get the new ones

Fyi, the game has different language settings...

I found nothing ambiguous about that message. The deals won't change once they drop. Which part of that is unclear?
  • DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★

The rank 3 requirement is totally fair. In fact, it could have been much worse like 100% act 6 or abyss or both. Just be happy they went easy

Agree 100%.

Also- have you seen the posts of all the rewards inside those daily thornbreaker crystals?!

Worth it!!
    Texas_11 said:

MavRCK_ said:

Also if somebody wanted to make aol 100% a requirement for tb, he'd be a fool. Not even speaking about some fights requiring a very specific counters - final boss alone is a cash grab

If I don’t get the same deals as other players, then I will not buy anymore units. I am not a whale, but I am cavalier and spends thousands of dollars on this game over the years. If it is not the same for me as thronebreaker, I am done buying. Look up my buying habits Kabaam Mike.

If you spend that much it shouldn’t be an issue. Drop $200 and go beat abyss They can’t move the game forward without this distinction.

I'd rather not have to R3 Green Goblin/War Machine/Iron Patriot/P2099 just to get Thronebreaker...

Depends on offers' values. Say you need R resources to r3 a champ, cav deals give you P resources, and tb deals - Q recourses, then if R+P < Q, it's 100% worth it
  • Gmonkey said:

Easy to say DNA when you haven't spent 8 months now spinning 6* after 6* waiting for a decent champ. I actually have every single mystic except any of the good ones. Lol. Will have abyss finished 100% soon so hopefully I'll finally get lucky but if not ill have done every bit of game content without getting a single solid tier 6*.

How many six stars do you have?
    40 something not counting dupes.
    Raichu626 said:

JessieS said:

I keep wondering why it’s so hard for Kabam to be clear and accurate with their announcement. Not everybody first language is English. It’s really not that hard to clearly state . If you become uc/Cav/ throne once the deals start you won’t be able to get the new ones

I found nothing ambiguous about that message. The deals won't change once they drop. Which part of that is unclear?
    "The deals won't change once they drop" and "You will only have access to one tier of deals based on your progression level on the time deals go live" are two different statements.
    Can you see the difference yourself or would you like me to help you?
    Aleor said:

Texas_11 said:

MavRCK_ said:

https://youtu.be/Arv0rftGNoE
    Games monetize time. If this conversation was have two rank 5 champs we wouldn’t be having this . Why, because resources are plentiful.

Now is the the next tier and it should hurt or feel right to rank up a champ to get to the next progression level. In reality, you will always play against and be on the same level as your competition around you.

The issue is your eyes are bigger than your stomach . Six star taste on a four star budget. The title is not going anywhere
    Aleor said:

Texas_11 said:

MavRCK_ said:

Also if somebody wanted to make aol 100% a requirement for tb, he'd be a fool. Not even speaking about some fights requiring a very specific counters - final boss alone is a cash grab
    It is, and they don’t want people to beat it as quick as they did. In life you either pay with time or money. They aren’t telling you to open your wallets.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    While I don’t purport to have specific knowledge, the language referring to deals not changing may very well refer to the fact there won’t be Cyber Monday deals—something often asked for and speculated about every year.

I can’t recall specifically, but I think there was a time when there were additional deals on Monday in the past. Someone can check me on that.

As for the deals themselves, the email refers to deals for those “close to becoming Uncollected...Cavalier...or a Thronebreaker.” Whether “close to becoming” modifies all three (in normal grammar, it would) is the critical question.

Would be awfully funny if there are no TB-specific deals...

Dr. Zola
  • ShangattayShangattay Posts: 50
    A new guy in my alliance became Thronebreaker by taking his 6* Juggernaut to rank 3. For his sake, I hope the Thronebreaker deals on friday will be insanely good.

A new guy in my alliance became Thronebreaker by taking his 6* Juggernaut to rank 3. For his sake, I hope the Thronebreaker deals on friday will be insanely good.

That’s bold.
    DrZola said:

Texas_11 said:

I think it will not happen this year. Mainly because they want to emphasize the difference between throne breaker and cavalier this year. I anticipate they will lock deals this year, so a player can’t double dip.

That’s all well and good, and they can emphasize away.

But being a sliver away from a decent R3, if they don’t upgrade offers during the weekend I’ll just put my $$$ in the PS5 piggy bank.

Dr. Zola
    Exactly!!! Cyber Monday deals are worth an entire PS5 and like 3 games lol.
  • RyanGolfRyanGolf Posts: 59
    Raichu626 said:

JessieS said:

so it couldn't possibly be read as all deals are what they are from Friday to Monday ie thronebreaker is a certain deal that won't be added to and caviler is another that won't change in what it offers. but where does it say you can't gain the new level
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

I know what thronebreakers are gonna get, a massive headache from non thronebreakers complaining

Hey, we agree on something. Who'd have thought?
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

I know what thronebreakers are gonna get, a massive headache from non thronebreakers complaining

Hey, we agree on something. Who'd have thought?
    +1 on people agreeing. Cant wait😬
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

P2099 at least is worth the r3
    Debatable. I don't necessarily agree but can see the argument for it