**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale [Merged Threads]

Comments

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,541 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

Easy to say DNA when you haven't spent 8 months now spinning 6* after 6* waiting for a decent champ.

It took me longer than that to pull a 6* champ that I'd consider an r3 candidate, and that was Killmonger. The three that most people would consider rank 3 worthy I pulled relatively recently, after *years* of opening 6* crystals.
    Do you have a R3? You must be close if not. Just curious...

Dr. Zola
    Yep. I ranked up Ghost. Which I'm actually starting to play not like a blind person finally. But I pulled her relatively recently. In fact when the Thronebreaker title was announced I think I had just pulled her and she was sitting at 1/25. The other two rank 3 candidates would be Stealthy and Corvus, both of which I pulled earlier this year.

Maybe Hulk Rag is an r3 candidate, but I myself wouldn't take him up personally. Not bad, just not one I would do.
    Hard to argue with that.

I’m about a crystal away from mutant, and that will go to either Havok or Domino. A bit further from tech and cosmic, and Warlock and CMM are waiting in the queue for those. Further down the line is science, which I imagine would be Cage. Mystic and Skill are non existent.

Dr. Zola
    That's a pretty good line up. My next would be either cosmic or science, barring some very weird luck. You'd think Corvus would be an automatic there, but I'm thinking of hanging on for CMM or CGR. Science, there's IW, there's Hulk Rag, and then it gets thin. I doubt I would take either of them up, although I have a soft spot for IW for various reasons. But not that much of a soft spot.
    I used to have Corvus on my 6* wish list. But I struggle to see him being as useful going forward. I love my 5*, but it always seems unwise to invest in the meta champs on the downside of the curve.

Dr. Zola
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★

OH MY GOD SEARCH THE FORUMS TO AVOID DUPLICATE THREADS

Preach
  • Agree definitely but like many players have 30 x 5/65 for diverse utility. Hopefully they will still be useful for a long time yet.

Book 2 says they probably will. The content seemed to be structured to benefit players with wide rosters that can bring strong counters to fights. 5/65 works. The 6* advantage is a bonus to damage which makes the fights faster (as I recall), but it isn't an advantage that makes impossible fights possible, just possible fights easier.

To put it another way, from my experience the best 5/65 was better than a random above average 6* rank 2. Of course the best 6* rank 2 is going to be better than the best 5/65. But I think a very wide 5* roster is going to serve players better than a narrow 6* roster, at least in the medium term.
  • naikavonnaikavon Posts: 298 ★★★
    I've come to the conclusion, people are nuts! Kabam must be thrilled. People are literally clamoring to spend a load of cash for cavalier....and then turn around and do it again for thronebreaker.

Nuts I tell ya!
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

@Kabam Miike Can we get some clarification on this?

I'd rather not have to R3 Green Goblin/War Machine/Iron Patriot/P2099 just to get Thronebreaker...

You'd be pretty foolish to do that regardless of the deals
    P2099 at least is worth the r3
    Disagree. P2099 is even more underwhelming than Hulkbuster.
    Have you actually played P2099 seriously? He’s better than Hulkbuster by a longshot.
  • DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

Easy to say DNA when you haven't spent 8 months now spinning 6* after 6* waiting for a decent champ.

It took me longer than that to pull a 6* champ that I'd consider an r3 candidate, and that was Killmonger. The three that most people would consider rank 3 worthy I pulled relatively recently, after *years* of opening 6* crystals.

Dr. Zola
    Yep. I ranked up Ghost. Which I'm actually starting to play not like a blind person finally. But I pulled her relatively recently. In fact when the Thronebreaker title was announced I think I had just pulled her and she was sitting at 1/25. The other two rank 3 candidates would be Stealthy and Corvus, both of which I pulled earlier this year.

Maybe Hulk Rag is an r3 candidate, but I myself wouldn't take him up personally. Not bad, just not one I would do.
    Hard to argue with that.

I’m about a crystal away from mutant, and that will go to either Havok or Domino. A bit further from tech and cosmic, and Warlock and CMM are waiting in the queue for those. Further down the line is science, which I imagine would be Cage. Mystic and Skill are non existent.

Dr. Zola
    That's a pretty good line up. My next would be either cosmic or science, barring some very weird luck. You'd think Corvus would be an automatic there, but I'm thinking of hanging on for CMM or CGR. Science, there's IW, there's Hulk Rag, and then it gets thin. I doubt I would take either of them up, although I have a soft spot for IW for various reasons. But not that much of a soft spot.
    I used to have Corvus on my 6* wish list. But I struggle to see him being as useful going forward. I love my 5*, but it always seems unwise to invest in the meta champs on the downside of the curve.

Dr. Zola
    I think you're right there. I think scaling health is his downfall. The harder the content gets, the more the fights will tend to last longer (because there's fundamentally only two ways to make a fight harder, take longer for you to kill them, or take less time for them to kill you with super high attack). And making fights last longer is basically anti-Corvus scaling. At least, as an admitted not-expert in Corvus, that's how I'm currently seeing him. He's becoming Star Lord.
    naikavon said:

I've come to the conclusion, people are nuts! Kabam must be thrilled. People are literally clamoring to spend a load of cash for cavalier....and then turn around and do it again for thronebreaker.

Nuts I tell ya!

Why wouldn't they be happy? Kabam is a for-profit company...

I'd rather not have to R3 Green Goblin/War Machine/Iron Patriot/P2099 just to get Thronebreaker...

Debatable. I don't necessarily agree but can see the argument for it
    It helps that Act 7 won’t require top tier champions to complete or explore since it’ll be so easy, which is why I feel fine ranking up P2099 over my Ghost.
  • naikavonnaikavon Posts: 298 ★★★
    edited November 2020

naikavon said:

Nuts I tell ya!

Why wouldn't they be happy? Kabam is a for-profit company...
    I'm not talking about Kabam. I said they should be thrilled. I'm talking about the kray krays lining up to spend twice lol
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

It helps that Act 7 won’t require top tier champions to complete or explore since it’ll be so easy, which is why I feel fine ranking up P2099 over my Ghost.
    To each their own. I definitely don't think he's bad, just not really my cup of tea
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

I'm considering taking Platpool to R5 over AA. Sometimes we just have to think for ourselves.

To each their own. I definitely don't think he's bad, just not really my cup of tea
    Understandable, he’s definitely not to everyone’s liking.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,541 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

Dr. Zola

Hard to argue with that.

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    I think you're right there. I think scaling health is his downfall. The harder the content gets, the more the fights will tend to last longer (because there's fundamentally only two ways to make a fight harder, take longer for you to kill them, or take less time for them to kill you with super high attack). And making fights last longer is basically anti-Corvus scaling. At least, as an admitted not-expert in Corvus, that's how I'm currently seeing him. He's becoming Star Lord.
    That’s a fair analogy. Put another way—he’s essentially two champs: one packs a huge punch and is durable, the other doesn’t and is fragile. The more times the “other guy” has to dance around, the less he is a viable option.

It would be akin to the Hulk having a mandatory Banner phase.

But Ghost doesn’t have that issue...

Dr. Zola
  • DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

Dr. Zola

Hard to argue with that.

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    That’s a fair analogy. Put another way—he’s essentially two champs: one packs a huge punch and is durable, the other doesn’t and is fragile. The more times the “other guy” has to dance around, the less he is a viable option.

It would be akin to the Hulk having a mandatory Banner phase.
    Corvus running out of charges:

Hey everybody,

So, we've never commented on this, because it's never been an intended reaction, and I cannot guarantee that it will always be this way, but if you change progression levels, you should receive the next tier of offers. While I can't guarantee it 100%, I am very confident in it.

Cool, thanks commenting on this!
  • GoDlyZorGoDlyZor Posts: 150
    HI_guys said:

I'm late to the party but then why does it say in the mail that it will not be altered?

This comment was made earlier in the thread
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1533127/#Comment_1533127

The text in the mail was the same for last year's cyber weekend and yet the progression mid-week to update deals was possible then. The text likely just means that the deals that come out on the Friday will not be changed for different deals on the Monday as was the past with 2018 having 24 hour black Friday deals and different 24 hour cyber Monday deals.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Hey everybody,

So, we've never commented on this, because it's never been an intended reaction, and I cannot guarantee that it will always be this way, but if you change progression levels, you should receive the next tier of offers. While I can't guarantee it 100%, I am very confident in it.

I'm late to the party but then why does it say in the mail that it will not be altered?
    I took it to mean that they will not change what's being offered in the deal IE if you complain that there is not enough tier 2 Alpha or there should be more than one selector available, they're not going to change it, that's the offer.
    HI_guys said:

Hey everybody,

Because altered means the deals offered won't change. Like if Black Panthers briefcase offered 14 6* nexus god tier champs it won't change to 2* god tier nexus crystals.
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 469 ★★★

Hey everybody,

This is a really great way to word and to explain things - I'm sure this is much appreciated by everyone! Thank you
  • RyanGolfRyanGolf Posts: 60
    edited November 2020
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    RyanGolf said:

Hey everybody,

sorry I have to disagree. it gives them an out if you change progression but don't get the new deals

Which since it's never been intended to be possible in the first place, you can't really get mad at.
  • RyanGolfRyanGolf Posts: 60
    MavRCK_ said:

Hey everybody,

This is a really great way to word and to explain things - I'm sure this is much appreciated by everyone! Thank you
    sorry I have to disagree. it gives them an out if you change progression but don't get the new deals