**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What even is 6.2.5!?!??!? (Only quest I still think needs to be adjusted)

NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★

So I never truly realized how poorly designed 6.2 was until I started exploring act 6.1-6.4 and honestly everything I did pre-nerf/ changes wasnt bad imo....at completing it.
Pre nerf I explored 6.4 completely, and 6.3.6, after the nerf thats when I explored everything else.

Now I think a lot of reasons I hate 6.1/6.2 vs 6.3/.6.4 is ofc the amount of paths needed to explore.
IT TAKES SOOOO MUCH TIME, 6.3/6.4, you’re looking at what 6 paths to explore? And thats it....
But 6.1/6.2 have 8-10 paths or so(or more Some times), but 6.1 is an easy exploration so i give it a pass, but 6.2 is where the biggest mess is.

6.2 has a lot of issues and it only really comes from 6.2.5 still, and also the gated paths.
Its never really made sense as they said “hey you know what lets make’em have 4 skill champs on a team”

I said this in another thread, but they acknowledged that this was a bad idea.....so why not take them out?
Keeping them there just seems so pointless and would discourage someone from exploring(again imo)

Boss

Mordo hands down is the most annoying boss for me, but the thing that gets me, is thatnhe has liked nodes on him..... why oh WHY DOES HE HAVE LINKED NODES!?,?

Throughout the whole chapter, no one had linked nodes attached to them. Why decide to give to the second to last boss quest, again its just a huge annoyance for players, and not too mention the already annoying node, do not go gentle and strength in numbers. I had one champ ko’s and doom wouldn’t trigger his nullify ONCE, its 12.50% reduction chance for one ko’d champ, and yet felt like it was a whole team.

Im still gonna go through exploring this quest regardless, but the point is Overall this quest feels like a quest that should’ve been in 6.4, and that it’s silly to know they didn’t try better to improve it, cuz Im sure its the only quest most players were not looking forward to explore. The annoyance and time it takes already to explore act 6 is long, and 6.2.5 just makes me feel like the rewards wont even have been worth it when I 100% it.....
When you have 2nd to last boss thats harder/more annoying than the actual final boss of the chapter, there is something VERY WRONG. Im demanding they change the whole chapter, but go back in and at least remove the linked nodes from mordo, or remove strength in numbers, thats all it takes.

Yup......thats it.......Hope everyone has a great thanksgiving if you’re celebrating and if not, hope you have a great weekend!

Comments

• shivam1shivam1 Posts: 87
    Act 6 is literally the worst for exploration even 6.1 is quite nice but the actual problem starts from 6.2 ...
  • NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    @shivam1 indeed it does
    @Notsavage19 didnt i say 12.5%? Or we talkin about different reduction?
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

@Notsavage19 didnt i say 12.5%? Or we talkin about different reduction?

So I may be wrong, but from what I remember in the nerf post, they only reduced the attack reduction, but not the AAR.
    They did both, for every champ ko’d -12.50%
    Just went in ti check again haha @Notsavage19
    @Newlinstheory "Chapter 2 Quest 5 Mordo Boss: Added a reduced potency version of Strength in Numbers. New reduction is 12.5% per KO’d Champion, meaning a Maximum of 50% reduction. (Other instances of Strength in Numbers are unchanged at this time.)" So the AAR isn't reduced. It's still 25% I think.

They did both, for every champ ko’d -12.50%
    Just went in ti check again haha @Notsavage19

Oh hmmmm okay, I stand corrected.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★

@Rockypantherx thats actually really upsetting if that was brought to their attention before and nothing was done 🤦🏽‍♂️😕😕

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/226119/act-6-focus-group-feedback/p1

You can find my feedback and stevie’s in here, but I assure you the sentiments were echoed by all the active participants in there
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Act 6.2.5 is pretty much to have Ghost, Quake and Void, then at least one reasonable champ for each of the class gates.

It's either that or wallet man.
    shivam1 said:

Act 6 is literally the worst for exploration even 6.1 is quite nice but the actual problem starts from 6.2 ...

The major thing annoying in 6.1 is the caustic temper path in 6.1.6, the buffed up path in 6.1.6 again, the spite path in 6.1.2, and the amount of energy refills it takes.
    Faseeh said:

Kill_Grey said:

shivam1 said:

The major thing annoying in 6.1 is the caustic temper path in 6.1.6, the buffed up path in 6.1.6 again, the spite path in 6.1.2, and the amount of energy refills it takes.
    Just quake the spite paths ( Im mr helpful )
    Not as straightforward as you think.
    I used Void and my rank 4 shehulk for it anyways. Had to Quake the biohazard sentinel miniboss, then use void again for the boss.

Spent no items, but pairing spite with combo party in the first place is kinda callous, NGL.
    CGR2020 said:

Kill_Grey said:

Faseeh said:

Kill_Grey said:

shivam1 said:

Just quake the spite paths ( Im mr helpful )
    Not as straightforward as you think.
    I used Void and my rank 4 shehulk for it anyways. Had to Quake the biohazard sentinel miniboss, then use void again for the boss.

Spent no items, but pairing spite with combo party in the first place is kinda callous, NGL.
    My advice: I'm not even close to act 6, but if you want to counter spite, use Red Guardian. He can't gain buffs, and the opponent can't get jealous of him xd.
    I reckon he'd be great since there's mystics on the path. But special delivery is also a thing.
    CGR2020 said:

RG can't inflict DOT's

Huh?