**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Devil of Hell's Kitchen Overhaul: Thoughts?

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

Hieitaku said:

The most confusing, and potentially troubling, part of the post is that he "evades all incoming attacks except for special 3" 🤔

Yes I was also interested about that. Hopefully kabam implemented it to not trigger while not blocking.
    I don’t think he will looking at some other abilities
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
    edited November 2020
    I’m so excited
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Hieitaku said:

The most confusing, and potentially troubling, part of the post is that he "evades all incoming attacks except for special 3" 🤔

The leaked info didn't even have the word "evade" in his abilities. It's a miss ability.

One interesting thing I noticed was, "When struck, X combo meter is lost."
    Which makes me wonder he won't lose his full combo.
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★

I’m so excited

Although I have to say, I didn’t understand a word from that leak, so confusing
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    Seems pretty interesting, especially with masacre's synergy which allows Daredevil to carry 50% of combo meter between fights. Hopefully the fury buffs he gains are extremely powerful!
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 863 ★★★★
    He looks interesting. But I need numbers
  • DigletGamingDigletGaming Posts: 849 ★★★★
    its gonna be good. Right?
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 863 ★★★★
    Just looking at it I don't think he's the next red Magneto or colossus. But that could change.
  • Soulreaver42Soulreaver42 Posts: 46

as cool as it sounds, Daredevil Netflix is so much easier to say

Most people, including me, are probably just gonna keep calling him Netflix Daredevil.
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    im anxiously waiting for the full champion spotlight before I r5 him.

• TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    edited November 2020
    Still wondering why he does not have true strike. Kabam may as well release the champion spotlight now so we can see all of his abilities. Hoping that his righteous wrath is activated on sp2 for big damage
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    I wonder what the conditions for righteous wrath are for. The assassin mode looks spicy. If what I understand is correct, not only does it passively have 65% AAR, but also has X% more while striking the opponent. I wish the attack from the Debuffs decreases very slowly and is a big bonus, as well as a big fury cuz DD doesn't have too much utility outside of that unknown miss and the unknown AAR, so he needs some damage.
  • SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★
    So everyone is decided to sleep on DD now? Huh
    So much for the OVERHAUL
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

So, I’m sorry for reviving this but it’s been a year since DD Flix’s overhaul.
    There are some outstanding points with DD Flix that I would like to see Kabam address still:

Stats based on a 6-star Rank 3 champion

1) Regeneration: You want to keep it at 40%? Sure. But at least remove the part where Poison affects Regeneration Rate. It’s a mess for suicide users (which I’m not) and this currently makes him much less effective against Science champs that inflict Poison like iBom and and Abom. Remember he is a Skill champ with class advantage. For both reasons mentioned this has been a little bit concerning.

2) Heavy Attacks: increase the Critical Damage Rating from 440 to 800+, and the duration from 14 seconds to 25 seconds. I think this stacks already, but with the current duration and damage it doesn’t have much significance in the rotation.

3) Special 1 Attacks: increase the Critical Rating from 716 to 1000+, and the duration from 15 seconds to 25 seconds. Currently there is no benefit or bonus from using this Attack other than managing the combo meter.

By increasing the duration of the Crit Damage and Crit Rating bonuses from the Heavy and Special 1 Attack, it will all fit together nicely when building up to a Special 2 Attack. Giving him a very satisfying rotation. The boost in numbers as given above is welcome too.

If I may also add a fourth point: it would be nice if DD Flix had a synergy that increases the chance of inflicting damage from Righteous Wrath. But I would bump this up to 50 or 60% anyway, even if it is too generous.

@Kabam Miike is there any possibility of you taking this feedback to the team?

Hello @Rookiie !!!

I have a highly ranked 6* with a high sig and I can tell you he has a ton of uses…..buuuuuuut

The regen rate. It’s awful. This is what I’ll say about that -

Just put it at 100% (or normal).

That’ll fix him. Don’t even need to do anything else. Fix the regen rate and he’ll be good and people will rank and use him. His damage isn’t ridiculous, and it won’t break the game.

iBom has 100%regen from poison. Diablo. The data is in and it’s a reasonable request.

@Kabam Miike please consider opening discussion on this.

Our Daredevil deserves better

Hey there @FluffyPigMonster ! Long time! I miss having these long threads discussing champs with you and @Crcrcrc . Starting this again is a nice bit of nostalgia.

I also took my DD Flix to R3 sig 90 (should I add more sigs to him?), and this is what I’ve found below:

The regen rate is quite low. I don’t find it that bad, but I don’t understand why Kabam have allowed Poison to affect the rate. Poison is mainly a Science, so I’m not sure why they’ve handicapped him in this way. It should be removed immediately, and then I believe he will find more compatibility with suicides users and have an easier time against Science champs.

Modifying the rate to 70% is welcome too.

The damage doesn’t bother me as much as the duration of the bonuses from the Heavy and SP1. Setting the duration of the Crit Rating and Crit Damage rating to 25 seconds will help everything come nicely together when building up towards an SP2.

The concept of the overhaul is excellent. I genuinely love it. But some of the numbers need tuning. And I’m not taking about damage, just duration.

Of course, increasing the Crit Damage and Crit Rating values are welcome too. I believe I’ve added numbers up there which are more suitable for a Rank 3 6-star champion. The ones in his kit currently remind me of the numbers you would give to a Rank 4 5-star champion. But I’m okay with it. The duration is much more important for his rotation.
    The problem with the regen rate modification is that it makes the suicides issue unbearable to play. Kingpin doesn’t worry about it because of his shrug off ability of damaging debuffs. DDHK doesn’t shrug off damaging debuffs so they remain at 40%.

On top of that nodes like Aspect of Nightmares destroys him. Lose X percentage of health over Y seconds and then get it all back? Nope. You only get 40% back. The regen rate at 100% will fix all of the issues. He won’t regen enough from the rage to fix crappy skill play.

At sig 200 he has a Namor-like ability. A little different but that helps him a ton vs the Electro’s Etc.

Honestly, he’s a beloved character. I don’t understand the issue.
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,684 ★★★★★

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

There are some outstanding points with DD Flix that I would like to see Kabam address still:

1) Regeneration: You want to keep it at 40%? Sure. But at least remove the part where Poison affects Regeneration Rate. It’s a mess for suicide users (which I’m not) and this currently makes him much less effective against Science champs that inflict Poison like iBom and and Abom. Remember he is a Skill champ with class advantage. For both reasons mentioned this has been a little bit concerning.

2) Heavy Attacks: increase the Critical Damage Rating from 440 to 800+, and the duration from 14 seconds to 25 seconds. I think this stacks already, but with the current duration and damage it doesn’t have much significance in the rotation.

3) Special 1 Attacks: increase the Critical Rating from 716 to 1000+, and the duration from 15 seconds to 25 seconds. Currently there is no benefit or bonus from using this Attack other than managing the combo meter.

By increasing the duration of the Crit Damage and Crit Rating bonuses from the Heavy and Special 1 Attack, it will all fit together nicely when building up to a Special 2 Attack. Giving him a very satisfying rotation. The boost in numbers as given above is welcome too.

If I may also add a fourth point: it would be nice if DD Flix had a synergy that increases the chance of inflicting damage from Righteous Wrath. But I would bump this up to 50 or 60% anyway, even if it is too generous.

Hello @Rookiie !!!

I have a highly ranked 6* with a high sig and I can tell you he has a ton of uses…..buuuuuuut

That’ll fix him. Don’t even need to do anything else. Fix the regen rate and he’ll be good and people will rank and use him. His damage isn’t ridiculous, and it won’t break the game.

iBom has 100%regen from poison. Diablo. The data is in and it’s a reasonable request.

Hey there @FluffyPigMonster ! Long time! I miss having these long threads discussing champs with you and @Crcrcrc . Starting this again is a nice bit of nostalgia.

I also took my DD Flix to R3 sig 90 (should I add more sigs to him?), and this is what I’ve found below:

The regen rate is quite low. I don’t find it that bad, but I don’t understand why Kabam have allowed Poison to affect the rate. Poison is mainly a Science, so I’m not sure why they’ve handicapped him in this way. It should be removed immediately, and then I believe he will find more compatibility with suicides users and have an easier time against Science champs.

The damage doesn’t bother me as much as the duration of the bonuses from the Heavy and SP1. Setting the duration of the Crit Rating and Crit Damage rating to 25 seconds will help everything come nicely together when building up towards an SP2.

The concept of the overhaul is excellent. I genuinely love it. But some of the numbers need tuning. And I’m not taking about damage, just duration.

Of course, increasing the Crit Damage and Crit Rating values are welcome too. I believe I’ve added numbers up there which are more suitable for a Rank 3 6-star champion. The ones in his kit currently remind me of the numbers you would give to a Rank 4 5-star champion. But I’m okay with it. The duration is much more important for his rotation.
    The problem with the regen rate modification is that it makes the suicides issue unbearable to play. Kingpin doesn’t worry about it because of his shrug off ability of damaging debuffs. DDHK doesn’t shrug off damaging debuffs so they remain at 40%.

On top of that nodes like Aspect of Nightmares destroys him. Lose X percentage of health over Y seconds and then get it all back? Nope. You only get 40% back. The regen rate at 100% will fix all of the issues. He won’t regen enough from the rage to fix crappy skill play.

At sig 200 he has a Namor-like ability. A little different but that helps him a ton vs the Electro’s Etc.

We have another rapid fire responder on the forums! You quoted the unedited version and I happen to make spelling mistakes and leave words out apparently. So, my apologies to you and to whoever reads the unedited bit you quoted.

Back to topic: you’re right. I didn’t see the problematic interaction with such nodes and didn’t factor in damaging debuffs. They should set it to normal or at least bump it up to 70%? Anyway they need to look into this on priority.

May I ask you, could you explain his sig to me in more detail? Where have you found it useful, etc?
    Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

Hello @Rookiie !!!

We have another rapid fire responder on the forums! You quoted the unedited version and I happen to make spelling mistakes and leave words out apparently. So, my apologies to you and to whoever reads the unedited bit you quoted.

Back to topic: you’re right. I didn’t see the problematic interaction with such nodes and didn’t factor in damaging debuffs. They should set it to normal or at least bump it up to 70%? Anyway they need to look into this on priority.

May I ask you, could you explain his sig to me in more detail? Where have you found it useful, etc?
    Let’s say his sig is 200. It gives you a 17s rage debuff which should give you a little regen and more importantly increases your damage (that’s Murdock boy)

In Stick’s Apprentice you get a 100% chance to avoid damage while striking into an opponent - that includes degeneration.

So vs Electro, thorns, Korg, etc, you won’t take any damage when you hit them (as long as you’re in Stick’s Apprentice). In Murdock boy you will take all the damage still. 15 hit combo meter is the cutoff metric.

The other answer is to only set the regen at 40% for the rage debuffs. 100% for everything else.

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

Hello @Rookiie !!!

Let’s say his sig is 200. It gives you a 17s rage debuff which should give you a little regen and more importantly increases your damage (that’s Murdock boy)

In Stick’s Apprentice you get a 100% chance to avoid damage while striking into an opponent - that includes degeneration.

So vs Electro, thorns, Korg, etc, you won’t take any damage when you hit them (as long as you’re in Stick’s Apprentice). In Murdock boy you will take all the damage still. 15 hit combo meter is the cutoff metric.

The other answer is to only set the regen at 40% for the rage debuffs. 100% for everything else.

Wonderful FPM thanks for the detailed write up. I was wondering more about the Passive Degen bit for 0.2 seconds? Does that include Mojo’s Anti-Life field? And other types of Degen like No Retreat? And what does the 0.2 seconds bit mean? Have you found any cool places where you didn’t expect his sig to factor in when it did?

Agree with your bit about the Regen, I am looking forward to seeing it modified. Fingers crossed.

Also, I am still adamant about the duration of Crit Rating and Crit Damage bit. I just did some testing and however you play him he still takes the same amount of duration / number of hits to take the opponent down. He needs a Torch-like tune up to take him to the next level. More uptime on bit where he does perform well, and less downtime on the bit where he needs to get everything together.
    Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

Hello @Rookiie !!!

Wonderful FPM thanks for the detailed write up. I was wondering more about the Passive Degen bit for 0.2 seconds? Does that include Mojo’s Anti-Life field? And other types of Degen like No Retreat? And what does the 0.2 seconds bit mean? Have you found any cool places where you didn’t expect his sig to factor in when it did?

Agree with your bit about the Regen, I am looking forward to seeing it modified. Fingers crossed.

Also, I am still adamant about the duration of Crit Rating and Crit Damage bit. I just did some testing and however you play him he still takes the same amount of duration / number of hits to take the opponent down. He needs a Torch-like tune up to take him to the next level. More uptime on bit where he does perform well, and less downtime on the bit where he needs to get everything together.
    As long as you’re striking into mojo you won’t take damage - like Namor.

Honestly I haven’t used him in a while. Only Event Questing. I believe I dusted him off for 7.3 but don’t remember for what lane. I’ll go look.

The regen rate. It’s excruciating. He’ll lose 25% of his health just from 1 fight if you’re running suicides - and that’s not getting hit at all.

Corvus vs bleeds? Shocks? iBom with poison? Diablo poison? Magneto and Omega with the bleeds?

Come on @Kabam Miike

Please take it to developers.
    What do you think about Righteous Wrath dealing Direct Damage off DD Flix’s Special Attacks
    @FluffyPigMonster @Hieitaku ?
    Would it be too much? He would remind me of Hercules in this case. Except Hercules doesn’t inflict bleed so it might be too much.
    What if it was 120% for basic attacks and 60% for special attacks?
    Rookiie said:

What do you think about Righteous Wrath dealing Direct Damage off DD Flix’s Special Attacks
    Would it be too much? He would remind me of Hercules in this case. Except Hercules doesn’t inflict bleed so it might be too much.

That doesn’t bother me at all. With Peni - the SP3 doesn’t even matter. The damage is good.

It all goes back to the regen. If I’m going to spam specials with suicides, I can at least have a champ that doesn’t get punished unnecessarily for having them on.

Rookiie said:

That doesn’t bother me at all. With Peni - the SP3 doesn’t even matter. The damage is good.

It all goes back to the regen. If I’m going to spam specials with suicides, I can at least have a champ that doesn’t get punished unnecessarily for having them on.

Fair.
    And the of SP1. The precision should be paused or should proc on the last hit, with an increase duration as mentioned above.
    There is no point having the duration be 14 seconds, when half of it is lost to a low-hitting SP1.
    You just lose time to get to the SP2.
    Kabam do something!
    Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

Fair.
    And the of SP1. The precision should be paused or should proc on the last hit, with an increase duration as mentioned above.
    There is no point having the duration be 14 seconds, when half of it is lost to a low-hitting SP1.
    You just lose time to get to the SP2.
    Kabam do something!
    The SP1 is almost useless. You’re correct.

Other than getting the hit count up past 15?
This discussion has been closed.