**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

2500 5-star shards.... is it enough

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    Jarvis9000 wrote: »
    Jestress wrote: »
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    Jestress wrote: »
    omg, you're seriously complaining about getting 2,500 free 5-star shards? get over yourself

What's your problem? We didn't lose shards because of their glitch; we lost units, potions, and revives. That's what we should be given as compensation rather than 1/4 of a random 5 star.

Nobody made you spend potions, revives, and units. Like the other folks around here, you shouldn't expect compensation. Just accept it.

Shards are like currency, to some players 2500 shards is phenomenal to me it’s like finding a penny yeah I’m more wealthy but such an insignificant amount it means nothing. The whole spirit of the compensation was dislike for changes in AW. Rank down tickets would be the proper compensation. The major glitches are another issue all together. That compensation should have been item oriented. Your myopic view shows a lack of understanding to the commitment and time people invest in alliances. Either you just like insighting argument or are nieve. Either way you couldn’t be more off in your views and opinions. Thank You for your service

This is not correct. The Compensation was for the mechanical issues with the latest Update. Not because of the changes to War.
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    It's a quarter of a 5*. Nothing to shake a stick at in my mind. I'm grateful.
    I’m Glad it was good compensation for you. For most it is insulting gesture. When the majority of upper tier alliance community agrees rank down tickets and items were the better compensation. So, show support for them as I support your enjoyment of 1/4 of a 5 star

I said I was grateful, and that it was nothing to shake a stick at. It's absolutely impossible to appease every Player. Tickets have nothing to do with the issue of the Update. Some want Items. Fair enough. Something is something, and I'm grateful.

I hate to agree with GW but the shards are a pretty reasonable offering and much better than expected. Sure I would love a few thousand units and a generic 5* ag but that was never going to happen. Feels weird to say but thanks kabam a step in the right direction.
  • ZitoKinZitoKin Posts: 29
    It's a quarter of a 5*. Nothing to shake a stick at in my mind. I'm grateful.
    I’m Glad it was good compensation for you. For most it is insulting gesture. When the majority of upper tier alliance community agrees rank down tickets and items were the better compensation. So, show support for them as I support your enjoyment of 1/4 of a 5 star

I said I was grateful, and that it was nothing to shake a stick at. It's absolutely impossible to appease every Player. Tickets have nothing to do with the issue of the Update. Some want Items. Fair enough. Something is something, and I'm grateful.

I don't ever agree with you but right now i am
  • NorthwestbrosefNorthwestbrosef Posts: 156
    Could I trade my 2500 shards for a good bug update? Seems fair
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    I do not think we should complain about free stuff. I feel like at least they tried compensate and really beggars cant be choosers. It is the thought that counts.

Before you jump down my throat I guess I am just naturally optimistic but I do agree compared to the issues involved the compensation really had nothing to do with mending what was lost.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    LoPresti wrote: »
    I do not think we should complain about free stuff. I feel like at least they tried compensate and really beggars cant be choosers. It is the though that counts.

Before you jump down my throat I guess I am just naturally optimistic but I do agree compared to the issues involved the compensation really had nothing to do with mending what was lost.

People aren't complaining about "free stuff", they are complaining about all the stuff they have lost because of bugs, glitches and changes. Stuff that cost people units and probably even real life money to get. They just want their stuff back.

Yes, please read my entire post; if you are going to quote it.
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    LoPresti wrote: »
    I do not think we should complain about free stuff. I feel like at least they tried compensate and really beggars cant be choosers. It is the though that counts.

People aren't complaining about "free stuff", they are complaining about all the stuff they have lost because of bugs, glitches and changes. Stuff that cost people units and probably even real life money to get. They just want their stuff back.

Yes, please read my entire post; if you are going to quote it.

Lol, that takes too much effort for some people.
  • VartoxVartox Posts: 202
    You complain that they don't give compensation, then when they do you complain. Be happy the actually gave anything.
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    seriously..... It's five star shards. You guys will still complain if they gave you a fully formed five star crystal.
  • Mm1975Mm1975 Posts: 11
    luffy_91 wrote: »
    MikeHock wrote: »
    It is certainly a nice gesture.

Thats exactly what it is, only a nice gesture, for show. They torment us for nearly a month with this **** update and the then throw something of very less significance our way with hopes of shutting us up.

This. The compensation is completely unrelated to the issue. We lost potions and units. It's not like one fourth of our five stars got sold.

Couldn’t agree more. These bugs cost items, units, BC’s for lost arena streaks, etc. it’s clear Kabam’s heart is in the right spot. I just feel like that was a good apology, now we should be compensated what was truly lost.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    What we're talking about has nothing to do with War. The compensation is for the issues with 15.1. Not the War System. Nor does the War situation warrant Tickets, and they've said that they're for changes to how the Champs function, many times. Where I am in the game really has no bearing on the conversation. I am informed enough on both issues, thanks.
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    God this community is pathetic. Just enjoy those 2.5k shards folks. You were not forced to spend anything, pretty sure Miike even tried to tell us to use a method to bypass the bug before the fix. Personally I didn't have a problem with specials failing, I'm not on that level of incompetence where I can't find another way to play the game in the mean time. This could be a nice start to their compensation, but don't be ungrateful about it.
    Of course they should roll back what was spent, people were "forced"(lol keep thinking that) to spend/use their potions. Isn't acceptable for a company, this seems to be a start to a better compensation were gonna get soon.
  • SirTodd_83SirTodd_83 Posts: 177
    edited October 2017
    While I'm not complaining about the 5* shards i fail to see how it compensates for the potions, units or actual money people spent because of the persistent bugs. I've personally taken all of my payment options off the play store and will continue my dwindling playtime til all i do are alliance quests. It's all good though, the new south park comes out soon so I'll go back to gaming on my PS4
  • JabbawokkyJabbawokky Posts: 139
    I appreciate the gesture, but some of us are still having issues. Compensation is always nice, but the right fix is even better.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    game is still not working...AI recovery is way to fast...special button may or may not work.
  • Kamr05Kamr05 Posts: 208
    These 2.5k 5 star shards aren't compensation for bugs and issues with updates. No, it's compensation for the 5 star shards we were meant to get in this months calendar. Trying to distract us once again, it's actually disgusting how stupid you think we are. Bad way to treat your customers.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    The issue is that 2500 5* shards means more to some than others, to players that aren't in an alliance, don't grind arena, low level tier AW, map 3 or less AQ these shards are a huge boost.

To a player that grinds every milestone in arena, tier 1-3 AW, multiple day map 6 in AQ then these shards are less than a weeks play, yet the bugs more than likely affected the higher tier player more.
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    Units would be better.
  • Casidy11_Casidy11_ Posts: 15
    Where are my shards?!??!!
  • FPC3FPC3 Posts: 144 ★★
    edited October 2017
    I really appreciate the gesture, but agree that it was a head-scratcher as far as the items in the gesture. Wars have been a cluster-$&*#, so shards would be the most in-line items to provide as a gesture of those being an unintended frustration, but as far the other content - parry-timing, specials failing, etc., the more in-line items to offer would have been healing and revive pods, or just straight Units. Was definitely surprised to get 2500 5* shards, and very thankful. Just seemed an unusual route to take.

Personally, the thing *I* lost the most of was Glory, since I had to spend it on health and revives to get thru when I hadn't had to previously. 2500 Glory would have made me very happy!
  • Thestoryteller6Thestoryteller6 Posts: 153 ★★
    FPC3 wrote: »
    I really appreciate the gesture, but agree that it was a head-scratcher as far as the items in the gesture. Wars have been a cluster-$&*#, so shards would be the most in-line items to provide as a gesture of those being an unintended frustration, but as far the other content - parry-timing, specials failing, etc., the more in-line items to offer would have been healing and revive pods, or just straight Units. Was definitely surprised to get 2500 5* shards, and very thankful. Just seemed an unusual route to take.

Personally, the thing *I* lost the most of was Glory, since I had to spend it on health and revives to get thru when I hadn't had to previously. 2500 Glory would have made me very happy!

Yes my thoughts exactly. I'm very grateful for the shards but I feel like alliance revives and potions would have made more sense. I think most most of us are not really looking for "free stuff", we are just looking for things that allow us to overcome bugs without spending more than we would have. But thanks anyway!
  • Vulkan7Vulkan7 Posts: 17
    edited October 2017
    Those ok with this joke of a reward certainly have not use any resources attributed to be competitive with AW and completion for AQ or have ranked a AWD team that is no longer valid.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I haven’t used a single item. Map 6 alliance and tier 1 aw. It’s just a free reward to me
  • Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 527 ★★
    I have an alliance member who got it, course I didn't even after a couple restarts...sigh

Update game
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    Whatever comes free I'll take that o:):o:#:#