**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Professor X bugs persist.

I posted a bit about this before, but it didn't seem to gain any traction. I'm posting again because i found a bug that absolutely should not have happened. I do not have a screen shot for this, but it isn't the first time i have had a problem with the channeling charge interactions behaving incorrectly.

First thing on the list is that Prof X's vigilance passive does not work against enemy Prof X falter mechanics. His exact wording in the description is "...and gains a Vigilance Passive, allowing all attacks to bypass Miss." There is nothing here about any exceptions or % modifiers with ability accuracy. It should be a cut and dry miss counter, but it fails against himself. It works perfectly fine against the other miss characters i have come across, and yes, i had the proper number of charges.

The second issue i have found was just today against LOL Rulk. I had 100 channeling charges and yet Rulk evaded me. The exact wording of this ability is "While at 25+ Channeling Charges against Non-Tech Champions, Professor X can not be Evaded..." Again, there is nothing about exceptions or any interaction with ability accuracy. It should be a straight forward, never worry about evade again, mechanic. This is the one that absolutely should not have happened. I took prof x up to R5 largely to deal with the LOL evade mechanic, and now that I'm there, it doesn't work.

The third issue i have found, happens again when playing against prof x. After launching your SP3 with 100 channeling charges, mind control activates. Normally, you have enough power (against non-techs) to launch a SP2 followed by two SP1's during mind control. When against prof x, there is only enough power remaining after the SP 3 to launch one SP1. It appears as though the tech disadvantage is applying, or perhaps some other bug is causing this to happen.

Let me know if anyone else has come across this. I love this champion, but when his only utility is inconsistent, it really takes away from the usability of him in difficult content.

Comments

• MainRoninMainRonin Posts: 39
    HI_guys said:

LOL and Abyss evade can't be prevented by any normal means. The only way I've found is true accuracy. But apparently that too us in the shadow of doubt. So no bug there

Abyss evade can be prevented normally. Only LOL evade can only be prevented by true strike, true accuracy and slow.

• Cage33Cage33 Posts: 45
    If this is the case, then Kabam needs to fix the wording surrounding this piece of utility or the LOL node descriptions. Saying that someone can't evade when certain criteria is met should be final. If it "can't happen," then it should never happen. I understand how ability accuracy calculations can deal with values larger than 100%, but this is supposed to be a different kind of evade counter. One not affected by ability accuracy.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Cage33 said:

The second issue i have found was just today against LOL Rulk. I had 100 channeling charges and yet Rulk evaded me. The exact wording of this ability is "While at 25+ Channeling Charges against Non-Tech Champions, Professor X can not be Evaded..." Again, there is nothing about exceptions or any interaction with ability accuracy. It should be a straight forward, never worry about evade again, mechanic. This is the one that absolutely should not have happened. I took prof x up to R5 largely to deal with the LOL evade mechanic, and now that I'm there, it doesn't work.

The third issue i have found, happens again when playing against prof x. After launching your SP3 with 100 channeling charges, mind control activates. Normally, you have enough power (against non-techs) to launch a SP2 followed by two SP1's during mind control. When against prof x, there is only enough power remaining after the SP 3 to launch one SP1. It appears as though the tech disadvantage is applying, or perhaps some other bug is causing this to happen.

Let me know if anyone else has come across this. I love this champion, but when his only utility is inconsistent, it really takes away from the usability of him in difficult content.

These issue happened to me. The third issue happens randomly and I can’t seem to figure out why.
    edited November 2020
    Vendemiare, the third issue is repeatable for me, at least against prof x. Ive done it in duels several times, and it happens every time.

Passive vigilance does not work against Prof X because you do not gain Passive vigilance against Prof X. This is because against enemies with the Pshychic shielding tag you have the same disadvantages in your abilities that you would have against tech champions.
    Interesting. That makes sense, but where is this psychic shielding tag displayed? It is not in the bio/tags area, nor is it in the tags that you can filter with in the hero menu.
    I have also never heard of this tag before. Is it new?
    edited November 2020
    Cage33 said:

Interesting. That makes sense, but where is this psychic shielding tag displayed? It is not in the bio/tags area, nor is it in the tags that you can filter with in the hero menu.

the tag is invisible in the game for some reason you can see the champions that belong to it here https://auntm.ai/champions/?filter=psyshield.
    And the tag is not new one. The first time I saw the tag being mentioned was on this node.

Thanks for the info dude, i really appreciate it. But *sigh* come on kabam, why are you hiding a tag from us and why are the exceptions not listed in people's abilities? Smh
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    edited November 2020
    Mmmm after reading this thread is making me hesitate to r5 prof x. I think i will rank up guardian instead. Too many ifs and buts with peof x.
    edited November 2020
    @Nameless_IW understandable. i took mine to r5 sig 200 yesterday, but i do not regret it. he still has tons of uses, especially for limber (use falter to get your "in"), debuff immune evaders, thor rag power control/special spam, and incredibly high block proficiency. also the synergies are great. if i had been more careful, and understood that nothing can counteract labyrinth evade, i would have had a one shot on rulk with about 85% health remaining on myself.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Psychic shielding has been around since emma frost was introduced. It was intentionally hidden as an easter egg.
    Just like invisibility having no affect against DD
    It's about using your marvel knowledge of how juggs and magnetos helmets protect them from it