**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Cyber Weekend Sales Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• TheMailmannTheMailmann Posts: 120 ★★
    Q_24 said:

Bucky_C said:

Cav status is no longer relevant in the eyes of the @Kabam Miike--god... Y should they want cav players to advance when there r more players in the game who are below cav status than above... It's bs to the players on the cusps of greatness but only another dollar sign for @Kabam Miike and those who want us, those who have spent a pretty penny, to swallow the jagged little pill and keep tapping on our devices...

Some bs.

Thanks for using **** @Kabam Miike

I just think they overplayed their hand. Let’s see the numbers tho. The market speaks. Maybe this was a giant success for them
    the funny part is i think only a small percentage of their player base is thronebreaker so that’s a lot of loss from cavalier players and below not buying the deals.
  • DjmagsDjmags Posts: 115
    I understand why many people are bothered by the deals however the people that are stating that they were going to buy all of the deals in order to buy tcc5 to become thronebreaker here is a solution.
    Why don’t you still buy all of the deals and simply use the credits to complete the content that enabled you to become a thronebreaker....
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    @Faseeh Ya, not that involved in forums now. But, these deals were really uninspired and when someone is that wrong in terms of deals, I felt like I needed to comment. lol
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

H3t3r said:

DL864 said:

DL864 said:

Not only are the cash offers for cavalier underwhelming, the unit offers are awful for F2P players. Disappointment would be an understatement. Why on earth would cavalier players want t4bc as part of the 1000 unit deal? I already have 10 in overflow.

It's part of the first Offer only. Which you still use them to Rank Champs.
    The fact that you need to buy an offer that isn’t worth it to unlock the next deal is bs. Compare this with the 4th of July deals earlier this year, this is awful. And I’ve already mentioned that I have over 10 overflowing so I would have already ranked up champs if I wanted to.
    You might, others might not. To the best of my knowledge, no one has outgrown T4CCs. At the very least, you need them to R2 a 6*.
    I said T4BC not T4CC. The offers are worse than 4th of July deals period.
    I don't know why people keep comparing them to the 4th of July deals. They have nothing to do with each other. The game would be in a sad state of affairs if they constantly had to do more every Offer. The bottom line is, you have a great deal of Resources that are offered this weekend which aren't normally offered for the price they are, regardless of what they gave before or what people think of them.
    I'm not ignorant. I get that people are disappointed with them. Anyone with reading capabilities could see that. I'm also aware that it will affect the outcome of sales after this. I get it. I'm just not comparing it to anything else. These Offers are stand-alone.
    Realistically, some people expected more towards TB. I understand that. Some even thought they'd be hitting TB with the Offers and scooping up more. A nice idea, but not a reasonable thing to assume. I'm speaking from experience. Anytime I let the hamster run and start building expectations, I end up setting myself up for disappointment because things rarely line up when they pan out. Which is why I've adopted a wait-and-see approach.
    I just don't think catastrophizing and making claims of a slap in the face, or the myriad of other exaggerations are really appropriate to the situation. When people are saying it's their fault that their expectations weren't met, that's not really true. No one knew anything about what was coming. People filled in the blanks in their own minds.
    I can understand that people wanted more, but I have to point out when these expectations aren't reasonable. I don't think it's reasonable for the game to know exactly what each of us need personally, and I don't think it's reasonable to think everyone that's Cav would get the Cat they needed to hit TB in one day.
    Dude when they say the offers wont change in the email a week before the deals came out is basically saying we know they're **** but we will die on our sword. You can rant all you want about how great these deals are but deep down inside you know
    They said the same thing last time. It means there are no new ones for Cyber Monday. What you see is what you get.
    What you see is trash and that's what you get
    We can tone down the exaggerating. They're not trash. They're not a slap in the face. They're not a sign of the Apocalypse. They're just not what people expected.
    Going from 55% of a T5CC to 0% in the unit deals is the definition of trash. Does Kabam pay you to polish their balls?
    Going from what exactly? These Offers come out as they come out. There's NO comparison. Each one is planned on its own, and depends on what they want to offer, within the balance of availability and the rarity of what's current. Don't know how people expect them to line up with each other, but they're not perpetual. They're not designed to best the previous one like Dudley Dursley getting birthday presents.
    So it would be ok if 7.1 rewards were worse then act5? Ok buddy gamísou
    Wot? How does that even remotely compare to what we're talking about? They're Offers. Not content beaten.
    While I agree with some things you say, this statement that these are independent offers is wrong on so many levels. Take a look at the offers infographic that was posted earlier this week and you can see that even after cavalier title was introduced, UC offers were still good. And the value of resource in game does go down as time goes on. So, 10k 5 star shards today is not the same unit value as it was during July 4.
    Expecting cyber Monday offer to be better than July 4 offer is a reasonable expectation even if TB was introduced. It just means that TB deals have to focus more on 6 star resources like 6 star sig stones and Cav deals should focus on trying to 5 star and 6 star resources to at least get them to TB.
    I have saved 20k units for this deal. I am cavalier on the cusp of TB. This just means that I will try to get Abyss completion even if I don't like to sit and play for 6+ hrs.
    No, I don't agree that any kind of chart or comparison is reasonable. One Offer doesn't relate to the other. No idea why people are comparing them. 4th of July has nothing to do with Black Friday. It's not reasonable to expect each Offer to be better and better. Not as a given.
    TB is the new ceiling. Which means Cav is no longer the top. They're not bad. Not nearly as bad as people keep saying. They just don't have the Cats people wanted to take them into TB.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★

Don't worry, guys. They'll announce an, "Upgrade", to the same deal we got in July, and people will buy it right up like it wasn't their plan all along.

Has Kabam ever upgraded a Black Monday deal?

I don't remember that ever being the case.
  • This has had a really big impact. Watching the Thronebreaker players in my alliance pull some solid 6*s from those cheap nexus crystals which is awsone for them. Major catapult for their accounts while the cav players haven't moved on at all
  • Devsagar2608Devsagar2608 Posts: 144
    @Kabam Miike uk i have been waiting for cyber cav offers since 2 months so paitently and in the last hour i was so excited but all my excitment went into sadness seeing ur offers , i hoped for atleast a 10% selector which would get me my ghost to r3 and become TB , i wanted 30% more to form tech but why would u guys care , u all just gave us worst offers than 4th july , there was a 15% crystal during 4th july and now we have only a 10%crystal, 1k,4k,10k deals suck for cav. u guys just kabammed us , uk i have not been getting tech t5cc since around 4-5 months , not from 2% , not from 10% and not from 25% as well , dont ruin our thanksgiving kabam , atleast give us a 10% selector , and btw u guys are selling 10% selectors for 50usd even for cav so why such bad offers during cyber ughhh and i did abyss and got cosmic t5cc and uk what , my only 6* cosmic is groot tf which means i cant be TB even after the abyss . i hope u can help us . thank u
  • LyingninjaLyingninja Posts: 182
    Djmags said:

I understand why many people are bothered by the deals however the people that are stating that they were going to buy all of the deals in order to buy tcc5 to become thronebreaker here is a solution.
    Why don’t you still buy all of the deals and simply use the credits to complete the content that enabled you to become a thronebreaker....

Yeah right ......i will buy every offer till i get r3 worthy champ.....such a valid point
  • chaos12996chaos12996 Posts: 169 ★★
    There are two groups of players in cavlier. One who just reached cav and one about to reach tb.Kabam tried to please both groups with one deal but massively screwed both of them.I myself finished cav 2 months ago and picked up all unit bundles and got 4 6 stars that i don't see myself using in any content
  • 007md92007md92 Posts: 1,381 ★★★★

I have a hunch that if they release this offer once every month many people will buy. Just this offer.
    Instead those horrible pop offers.
  • chaos12996chaos12996 Posts: 169 ★★
    The people who just got to cav need more t5b and 5 star nexus and people about to reach tb need t5cc and u gave neither
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    That is the black friday offer
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,322 ★★★★
    I don‘t think this offer is worth the 1k Units. Not for me at least. T4 stuff is floating in my stash. And 5* are not interesting for me anymore. Except new Featured 5* like Apocalypse.
  • Was525Was525 Posts: 98
    The more you progress the less t4b and t1a you get. It’s not a bad offer if it was a monthly thing and gold is a struggle when it takes 3 million to r3 a 6*
  • Crazy_JamieCrazy_Jamie Posts: 345 ★★
    WOLF_LINK said:

I don‘t think this offer is worth the 1k Units. Not for me at least. T4 stuff is floating in my stash. And 5* are not interesting for me anymore. Except new Featured 5* like Apocalypse.

It’s up to every person to decide whether or not an offer represents value for them, but on any objective basis that offer is very clearly comfortably worth 1,000 units.

• GiankarGiankar Posts: 8
    Dear Kabam team. The Black Friday offers for cavaliers were very disappointing. The gaps with the bigger accounts will become larger and larger and the scarcity of materials to become thronebrakers have not been addressed at all by the cavalier offers. Almost nothing regarding class thier 5 catalysts and tons of 5 stars related materials (shards, gems, signature stones) that quite honestly are not useful at all.
    Reading comments, talking with many other summoners in my and other alliances and also just following debates in YouTube dedicated channels, you will clearly see the sense of disappointment and almost disregard felt by all people.
  • zaspacerzaspacer Posts: 115
    zaspacer said:

"Unit Bundles Comparison - Cavalier" Chart

Apologies, I messed up the math on the 10,000 Units Bundle for "4th Of July 2020". See correction below.

Correction Update:
    =================
    Remove: 1x "1 Tier 5 (10%) Class Catalyst Fragment Crystals" (this one appears 2 times)
    Add: 1x "1 Tier 5 (25%) Class Catalyst Fragment Crystals"
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 628 ★★★
    Ok, « each offer does not aim all players ». But we are talking about a yearly moment, for all.

I know that Miiike has aswered but my message is just to support non-Thronebreaker players and to express my disappointment.
    I wrote it for Cavalier but the offers need to be reviewed in the same logic for Uncollected.

To say Cavalier players (as I am) are disappointed is an euphenism. For several reasons :

1 - Just compare the offers of the 4th July and those of the Black Friday. Now you have less about 6* content for the same price. Instead of an evolution, it is a regression.
    I suppose the reason is that Cavalier is not at the top anymore.

2 - To propose 5* offers knowing well that 6* is the actual target does not allow to progress in the game.
    I play for near 5 years and have around 100 5*, so I really do not care anymore about to improve them. 6* are my target for months because I intend to still play for a long while.

3 - As showed in an image before, it is kind of vicious circle. The offers for Cavalier does not help a bit to become a Thronebreaker (especially for the 6* r3) that will allow to get the right offers.

4 - A gap in the offers based on title is ok in my opinion. But in this case that is too much. Especially with a very recent title.

It is useless to discuss about free2play and pay2win because the game needs both to exist. If there were only p2w players, there would be much less players, with consequences. For example there would be less rewards for players in arena (based on percentages), AQ and AW, less alliances to play against and so on.
    And a f2p player remains a potential client (sigil, daily proposal...).

In the end, now most of Cavalier players feel more as has-been and it is a bit like a slap in the face for us. Is it how Kabam thank people that play MCOC for years ?

An answer could be a special offer to the players considered as non-Thronebreaker players for the Black Friday. I am sure it can be done technically. The only question is if Kabam wants to remedy or to persevere in this way.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

H3t3r said:

DL864 said:

DL864 said:

Not only are the cash offers for cavalier underwhelming, the unit offers are awful for F2P players. Disappointment would be an understatement. Why on earth would cavalier players want t4bc as part of the 1000 unit deal? I already have 10 in overflow.

It's part of the first Offer only. Which you still use them to Rank Champs.
    The fact that you need to buy an offer that isn’t worth it to unlock the next deal is bs. Compare this with the 4th of July deals earlier this year, this is awful. And I’ve already mentioned that I have over 10 overflowing so I would have already ranked up champs if I wanted to.
    You might, others might not. To the best of my knowledge, no one has outgrown T4CCs. At the very least, you need them to R2 a 6*.
    I said T4BC not T4CC. The offers are worse than 4th of July deals period.
    I don't know why people keep comparing them to the 4th of July deals. They have nothing to do with each other. The game would be in a sad state of affairs if they constantly had to do more every Offer. The bottom line is, you have a great deal of Resources that are offered this weekend which aren't normally offered for the price they are, regardless of what they gave before or what people think of them.
    I'm not ignorant. I get that people are disappointed with them. Anyone with reading capabilities could see that. I'm also aware that it will affect the outcome of sales after this. I get it. I'm just not comparing it to anything else. These Offers are stand-alone.
    Realistically, some people expected more towards TB. I understand that. Some even thought they'd be hitting TB with the Offers and scooping up more. A nice idea, but not a reasonable thing to assume. I'm speaking from experience. Anytime I let the hamster run and start building expectations, I end up setting myself up for disappointment because things rarely line up when they pan out. Which is why I've adopted a wait-and-see approach.
    I just don't think catastrophizing and making claims of a slap in the face, or the myriad of other exaggerations are really appropriate to the situation. When people are saying it's their fault that their expectations weren't met, that's not really true. No one knew anything about what was coming. People filled in the blanks in their own minds.
    I can understand that people wanted more, but I have to point out when these expectations aren't reasonable. I don't think it's reasonable for the game to know exactly what each of us need personally, and I don't think it's reasonable to think everyone that's Cav would get the Cat they needed to hit TB in one day.
    Dude when they say the offers wont change in the email a week before the deals came out is basically saying we know they're **** but we will die on our sword. You can rant all you want about how great these deals are but deep down inside you know
    They said the same thing last time. It means there are no new ones for Cyber Monday. What you see is what you get.
    What you see is trash and that's what you get
    We can tone down the exaggerating. They're not trash. They're not a slap in the face. They're not a sign of the Apocalypse. They're just not what people expected.
    Going from 55% of a T5CC to 0% in the unit deals is the definition of trash. Does Kabam pay you to polish their balls?
    Going from what exactly? These Offers come out as they come out. There's NO comparison. Each one is planned on its own, and depends on what they want to offer, within the balance of availability and the rarity of what's current. Don't know how people expect them to line up with each other, but they're not perpetual. They're not designed to best the previous one like Dudley Dursley getting birthday presents.
    So it would be ok if 7.1 rewards were worse then act5? Ok buddy gamísou
    Wot? How does that even remotely compare to what we're talking about? They're Offers. Not content beaten.
    While I agree with some things you say, this statement that these are independent offers is wrong on so many levels. Take a look at the offers infographic that was posted earlier this week and you can see that even after cavalier title was introduced, UC offers were still good. And the value of resource in game does go down as time goes on. So, 10k 5 star shards today is not the same unit value as it was during July 4.
    Expecting cyber Monday offer to be better than July 4 offer is a reasonable expectation even if TB was introduced. It just means that TB deals have to focus more on 6 star resources like 6 star sig stones and Cav deals should focus on trying to 5 star and 6 star resources to at least get them to TB.
    I have saved 20k units for this deal. I am cavalier on the cusp of TB. This just means that I will try to get Abyss completion even if I don't like to sit and play for 6+ hrs.
    No, I don't agree that any kind of chart or comparison is reasonable. One Offer doesn't relate to the other. No idea why people are comparing them. 4th of July has nothing to do with Black Friday. It's not reasonable to expect each Offer to be better and better. Not as a given.
    TB is the new ceiling. Which means Cav is no longer the top. They're not bad. Not nearly as bad as people keep saying. They just don't have the Cats people wanted to take them into TB.
    Once again, look at the infographic in the thread.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/225171/cyber-monday-deals
    The offers keep getting better because the value of items keep decreasing. So, it is reasonable to expect some T5cc for the cavalier players in the unit deals. It may not be as juicy as july 4 since there was a new ceiling in terms of progression( which I don't agree with), but it is genuinely difficult to make it this bad which Kabam have succeeded in.
    Again, you can't compare one Sale with the other. Technically you can, as in this one had this and that one had that. However, there is no correlation between the two. They're not connected. They're not even related. One is not a gauge for the other. People can form a rough estimate on some of the things they think might be included, but that's about it.
This discussion has been closed.