**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The Boss Fights of Variant 6

SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
So when Variant 5 came out, I made a post about every boss fight you would encounter. So, with the announcement of Variant 6, I decided to make a similar one. This variant is themed around #Villains, so plan accordingly.

Chapter 1, Quest 1, Something Amiss: Rhino
See last time I predicted how bad each boss was going to be (i failed miserably) but the second time's the charm, right? Right? Honestly, I hope this fight is a bit of a challenge. (It will be for @danielmath) Has high annoyancy potential.

Chapter 1, Quest 2, The Underbelly: Winter Soldier
Unless they put some wack nodes (I’m talking pre buff v3 Magneto level here) on this fight, should hopefully be a walk in the park. Hopefully.

Chapter 2, Quest 1, Get a Clue: Electro
Not again. Please don’t be another V4 Electro (not that I wouldn’t mind, the player base might complain) But like Rhino, high annoyancy potential.

Chapter 2, Quest 2, Corrupted Strength: Drax
Enhanced Fury? Enhanced Bleed? A Miss node? Should also hopefully be easy. (I’m sensing a pattern here)

Chapter 3, Quest 1, Mr. Cage: Daredevil (Hell’s Kitchen)
Newly buffed (and renamed) Daredevil (Hell’s Kitchen), with his Physical Resistance and Purify mechanics, takes the stage for the penultimate boss fight. Expect a decent challenge and maybe some revives.

Chapter 3, Quest 2, Fight at Joe’s: Joe Fixit
Unblockable sp1 and special 1 bias anyone? No? This could be really easy, or really bad. I’m expecting something akin to V5 Venom. Either way, beat Joe for those sweet, sweet completion rewards.

Good luck!

Mystery Link of the Day:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmUQAZ7K3co

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Oh God...I really hope that final fixit boss will NOT be like variant 5 Venom 😓
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,394 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Oh God...I really hope that final fixit boss will NOT be like variant 5 Venom 😓

Thats nothing when fixit was boss for master mode at the time he was literally too op that the devs had to tone him down lol
  • LewisTheLlamaLewisTheLlama Posts: 301 ★★★
    I remember doing this event quest when it first released years ago, and the final Joe Fixit was such a pain. I can’t quite remember why but I got more annoyed at him than I have at anything else in the game 🤨
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

I can still hear the howls from the first EQ Fixit boss encounters so long ago...

Dr. Zola

I'm pretty sure he had slashed tires 👀
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    i wasn't around for any of these quests that the Variants are based on LOL so it's all new to me. i'll bring the proper hammers no doubt.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

DrZola said:

I can still hear the howls from the first EQ Fixit boss encounters so long ago...

Dr. Zola

I'm pretty sure he had slashed tires 👀
    just watch him have slashed tires every five dash backs or something during this fight
  • LyingninjaLyingninja Posts: 182
    BsuGuy said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to "expand" the testing of the root mechanic to variant 6

No god please no
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,376 ★★★★★
    My units....
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    BsuGuy said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to "expand" the testing of the root mechanic to variant 6

Rooted during defender specials. Special 1 bias. Special 1 fully unblockable.
    Lovejoy72 said:

BsuGuy said:

that’s only for the Joe Fixit final boss
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★

Lovejoy72 said:

BsuGuy said:

that’s only for the Joe Fixit final boss
    With true strike and true accuracy. And 100% passive power gain while attacker is rooted. And bloodletting. And degen if attacker is bleed immune.

Fun times.

Dr. Zola
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    Pls don't put high atk vaule in every chapter, that annoy me so much when i try to explore it
    A_NAZ said:

Winter soldier boss: enhanced sp2, permanently rooted, encroaching stun, oscillate, safeguard

well time to find some goats to appease miike

#Villain huh. Well i think we all know who to use then 🥳🥳🥳🥳

Sentinel gang!

jk jk have fun with morningstar
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    Let that unblockable sp1 get launched from Joe and i will be ready with my duped r5 Tigra
    Haji_Saab said:

Unblockable sp1 from Joe Fixit is totally blockable. It will only be an issue with aspect of war is on him

unblockable projectile sp1
    Haji_Saab said:

Haji_Saab said:

Unblockable sp1 from Joe Fixit is totally blockable. It will only be an issue with aspect of war is on him

unblockable projectile sp1
    There are a few nodes for unblockable specials :smile:

1. Enhanced sp1 : this is the most commonly used node for unblockable sp1s throughout the game. That node will only make his head butt unblockable. All the bullets are blockable.

2. All specials are unblockable : the whole sp1 is unblockable. Don't think Kabam will use that one.
    3. Aspect of war: same as 2 above.
    thanks for the insight oh wise one