**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Windows 10 to support Android apps and games

MageWizardMageWizard Posts: 151 β˜…β˜…
Read this news via multiple sources, when that happens, will it support MCOC? Or it would be considered (emulator)?
Asking Kabam here πŸ˜—

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    You won't be allowed to play there
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Why not? They’ve allowed on other such devices (chrome book and google play, and i believe they are allowing it for mac book and the App Store)
  • Would probably need to detect whether using a controller vs actual touchscreen inputs (and NOT allow for hardware controllers like PS2/XBox, etc). Not sure if that is something detectable by Apps or not.

And/or... developers should hopefully be able to control whether their App would even show up in the Google/Apple Store when on other type of devices that maybe they don’t want ppl playing on (similar to how some Apps don’t show up if required OS version is not met).

Just because Win10 or new MacBooks might now have App Store available, doesn’t necessarily mean every App will be available on that platform.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Arsoz said:

Its a tap tap game so a keyboard or controller wont help make you better

That ain’t sure.
    Some players may be better playing on a keyboard or a controller πŸ˜‰
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Last sentence I used was 'asking Kabam', are you Kabam?πŸ€” You sound so confident
    I am confident. You also did it in a public discussion, so anyone is allowed to comment
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited November 2020
    Arsoz said:

Its a tap tap game so a keyboard or controller wont help make you better

I mean, I’ve played with a junky gamepad that had awful input lag, but it functionally works fine. You could use a mouse to navigate everywhere but in fights and use keystrokes for all of your inputs. There would be no issue gameplay wise. Kabam would just have to implement a key mapping option or something.

Edit: and about it making you better, not having fumble fingers and having a dedicated Heavy button would immensely help Quake players, or just dexterity in general.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I’ve looked through some of the articles but can’t really find an β€œeta” for the Windows update. Does anyone know?
  • PizzabeatPizzabeat Posts: 239 β˜…β˜…

Why not? They’ve allowed on other such devices (chrome book and google play, and i believe they are allowing it for mac book and the App Store)
    Can’t run it on the new M1 Mac’s, I tried πŸ˜ͺ