**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

First Abyss run

JumpthesharkJumptheshark Posts: 242 ★★
edited November 2020 in General Discussion
I’ve been trying to plan an Aegon-less run for awhile now. But Cyber deals gave me a six star Aegon and a dupe (and several other god/beyond god tier six stars). So yesterday and today I completed my first run.

My team:

Aegon six star R2 high sig
Doom six star R3 unawakened
Nick Fury six star R3 awakened
Torch five star R5 awakened
Quake for synergy

I had been saving tons of revives, potions, and four hour crystals (>300 crystals). Every day I’ve been having revives and potions expire from my stash, so I hoped I wouldn’t need many units.

Many of the fights were fun, especially easy ones like cmm, and most were satisfying to finish. Invisible Woman was very fun and easy with Fury. Venom the Duck was getting regen very often though, at least 15-20 times total. I hated that fight. It made me wish I had brought Void instead of Quake. Void would have been nice for the final phase of IMIW as well, and Mordo because Mordo was very passive.

Because of my huge stash, I didn’t spend a single unit until the collector was around 40% health. In total I spent 720 units.

Because my Aegon was brand new to me, I didn’t use him as effectively as I should have until nearly the last champ. It took me awhile to make effective use of Aegon’s heavy charging to majorly his attack. Chaining a heavy charge (while being attacked) into a sp2 would have shortened some of the earlier fights.

The last 30% of the collector went smoothly once I realized I could charge heavy before the fight starts, then begin with huge fury boosted attacks.

All in all it was a fun and satisfying experience! I got a mystic awakening gem, a science catalyst, and, of course, yet another six star Aegon dupe. So not the greatest rewards rng but I’m not even mad. I had really ridiculous luck on the offers yesterday.

Comments

• GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★
    How important is Nick Fury and Dr Doom in the mix? I've got Torch and max sig Aegon? That good enough? Lol
  • Thebombsquad1Thebombsquad1 Posts: 755 ★★★
    It’s treason then
  • JumpthesharkJumptheshark Posts: 242 ★★
    Graydrox said:

How important is Nick Fury and Dr Doom in the mix? I've got Torch and max sig Aegon? That good enough? Lol

Well for many of the fights Nick and Aegon were nearly interchangeable. Aegon was better in some. The invisible woman fight would be far harder without Fury though.

Doom is not required but a good mystic nullifier is definitely needed. Symbiote or longshot certainly are great, I’m sure there are others that have been used. I’m a big Morningstar fan and I bet she could handle it.

• TwistedTalentzTwistedTalentz Posts: 224
    edited November 2020
    Congrats!

Congrats!

Thank you! I was on the verge of posting a message asking for help planning an Aegon-less run before yesterday. I have done lots of testing with various champs but was scared of being stuck at the Collector and spending more than planned. I don’t have a great plan for other paths without stealth spidey and I’m out of revives, so it’ll be a good while before my next run.
  • rnr87rnr87 Posts: 394
    Graydrox said:

U want nick for invisible woman the expiring power stings won't stun him which helps also you want a nullify champ doesn't really have too be doom i personally brought doom and wished I woulda brought symbiote supreme also would've rather had void over torch for all the reverse healing. But thats my 2 cents I just done my initial completion today without aegon and pulled and duped him within an hour of my run so yeah.
  • MeebletonMeebleton Posts: 552 ★★★
    Congrats! Must have been tough
    rnr87 said:

Graydrox said:

U want nick for invisible woman the expiring power stings won't stun him which helps also you want a nullify champ doesn't really have too be doom i personally brought doom and wished I woulda brought symbiote supreme also would've rather had void over torch for all the reverse healing. But thats my 2 cents I just done my initial completion today without aegon and pulled and duped him within an hour of my run so yeah.
    Who did you use for collector? I agree, I think it would have been cheaper bringing Void instead of quake. Once Aegon was ramped up the evade charges weren’t relevant anyway.