**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Who to Rank 4? [5* Mutant Rank-up Doubt]

KdRa_IIKdRa_II Posts: 86
edited November 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Hi Guys,

Had some doubts regarding efficient and useful rank-ups between these options. Suggestions are welcome :)

Thanks & Regards
KdRa

Who to Rank 4? [5* Mutant Rank-up Doubt] 44 votes

Sunspot
61%
Ab_SamadKabiraz77BuckyBruhColonaut123spiderbites0196ZombieZeddRookiieVampi007EinfachSodangarang122Capn_DanteNimorHassamaMamaFabwiziC_Trooper88AouxWouxKAYDAGr8TonyStarkIryseCrcrcrc 27 votes
Havok
29%
Albi⁴7²00⁴Kill_GreyabqberEtjamaSarvanga1_LeoZedFluffy_pawsaroseinbloom39Rayaan_2000DarkKnight646Sazed[Deleted User]CheesePizzaRed 13 votes
Emma Frost
9%
BonzodavidOmedennCanucks37Giuliameij 4 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• abqberabqber Posts: 230 ★★
    Havok
    All three are amazing options. As I see this, there's no going wrong with any of them.
    Reason I chose Havok is because of his incredible energy resistance (which will help you cheese nodes like energy adoption ice and lightning), incinerate immunity and also he is an excellent counter to himself.
    It all comes down to your needs and what content you are looking to tackle next. Sunspot has perfect parries which is very valuable and also has big damage on his special 2.
    Emma is a tank in her diamond form with so many immunities and she's pretty amazing against evade matchups. Emma with Mysterio is immune to inverted controls, pretty niche but amazing utility. All three of them have access to prowess effects which will be useful in endgame content.
    Hope this helps.
    Cheers!
  • KdRa_IIKdRa_II Posts: 86
    abqber said:

All three are amazing options. As I see this, there's no going wrong with any of them.
    Reason I chose Havok is because of his incredible energy resistance (which will help you cheese nodes like energy adoption ice and lightning), incinerate immunity and also he is an excellent counter to himself.
    It all comes down to your needs and what content you are looking to tackle next. Sunspot has perfect parries which is very valuable and also has big damage on his special 2.
    Emma is a tank in her diamond form with so many immunities and she's pretty amazing against evade matchups. Emma with Mysterio is immune to inverted controls, pretty niche but amazing utility. All three of them have access to prowess effects which will be useful in endgame content.
    Hope this helps.
    Cheers!

Awesome Breakdown :) Thanks for the clarification my friend.
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★
    For which content or for what purpose did you need em bud??

For which content or for what purpose did you need em bud??

Hi Bro @The_beast123 , I just did my initial Cav Run and now moving on to doing Act5 100% and was looking for someone that will fit that purpose, someone dealing good amount of damage, good utility based off immunities or anything specific as long as he or she is a counter for a good deal of content.

Also was pushing to rank up someone good from this selection in preparation for Next season of AQ featuring Mutants. :)
    IMO
    Sheer damage- Sunspot.

Sheer utility-Emma frost.

mix 'em up- damage + utility= Havok.

IMO
    Sheer damage- Sunspot.

Sheer utility-Emma frost.

mix 'em up- damage + utility= Havok.

Wow bro thanks for this simple yet awesome breakdown. sure makes deciding easier :)
    Could you please say us if these champs are awakened? if yes, the sig levels could help too.
    I actually consider it a lil plain. wait i can still help you
    SUNSPOT:
    IMPORTANT NOTE POINTS:
    1.Sunspot can regain Solar Charges by being inflicted with an Incinerate Debuff (+5 Solar Charges), or by purifying Incinerate Debuffs on his opponent. He can do this by charging his heavy attack and absorbing Incineration Debuffs off his opponent, or by performing a perfect block. If an incinerate fails to apply on the opponent, or the opponent purifies the incineration debuff, Sunspot gains 10% of a bar of power and 1 Solar Charge.

[ i consider this a little, yet a very vital piece of information when it comes to play sunspot]

2.One of Sunspot’s greatest strengths is that he requires no synergies to deliver big damage.

3.The SP2 is where the Big Yellow Numbers come into play. For each stack of Flare State, Sunspot will add a Prowess effect increasing the damage of the SP2 by 200%. The final hit uses 15 Solar Charges, so you’ll leave the opponent with a huge number of Incineration Debuffs if they manage to survive.[ using his SP1 is not an efficient idea, it consumes more of his solar charges, maybe usable in short fights, but not recommended.]

HOW TO USE[ A SUGGESTION]:
    1.If you’re in a shorter fight, you can just rush straight to the SP2 for the kill-shot.

2.For medium length fights, you must try to chain in heavy attacks, or atleast the heavy charging during parry's. So for example you can 5-combo, parry, heavy, 5-combo SP1. Then alternate a 5-combo and parry/heavy until you’re at the SP2, and that should finish them off.

3.It’s appealing to throw multiple SP1 attacks, but remember you’re going to start to burn through Solar Charges very quickly, and if the SP2 doesn’t end the fight, you are likely going to be out of, or very low on Solar Charges.

If the opponent survives your SP2, immediately parry and charge your heavy to regain as many Solar Charges as possible.

if you are well to manage his charges, he's a top notch for those big yellow numbers for sure.

Heading next to emma frost,

EMMA FROST:
    Few suggestions given by summoners and mods over the forums:
    Start a fight by Parrying and Heavy Attacking a few times. Usually after a couple, you're near a full bar of Power while the opponent isn't. On the next Parry, you should start doing normal combos to push over a bar before the opponent, which'll put you in Telepath Form, aiding you to build up more Prowess as you build up to a SP2.

The advantage over here is:
    Parry, heavy. Opponent gains no power from heavy. Emma gains prowess.

Follow up with combo when near SP2 to get up to 10 prowess then fire it. Damage is good and can be higher with synergies.

DIAMOND FORM:
    1.Emma Frost’s is immune to all Stun, Bleed, Poison, Incinerate, Shock, Frostbite, Coldsnap, Fatigue, Concussion, and
    Exhaustion effects[While in diamond form].

2.Well-timed blocks grant a prowess buff.

3.When Emma Frost changes into Diamond Form, she replaces all temporary Prowess Buffs with new indefinite Prowess Buffs that increase Special Attack Damage by +10%. Prowess Buffs are capped at 5 in Diamond Form.

4.10% chance that a Block reduces all damage.

+1636.36 Armor
    +352.94 Block Proficiency
    +1636.36 Physical Resistance
    +2000 Critical Resistance Rating
    Opponents have -181.82 Critical Damage Rating.

TELEPATH FORM:
    When Emma Frost changes into Telepath Form, she replaces all indefinite Prowess Buffs with new Prowess Buffs that increase Special Attack Damage by +10% and last 7 seconds.

Prowess Buffs are capped at 10 in Telepath form.
    Critical hits grant a Prowess Buff, and refresh all existing Prowess Buffs.
    Emma Frost is able to read her opponent’s thoughts, allowing all Emma Frost’s attacks to ignore Evade.
    +222.22 Critical Rate for each active Prowess effect.
    +40.82 Critical Damage Rating for each active Prowess effect.

[so, one way to extract huge damage from her is by staying in diamond form until you reach 5 prowess, just to secure them for the future damage. Reparry will only help her to increase her damage potential, so she's quite usable in AW and AQ, considering the fact that we are getting a mutant based AQ soon and that we have a lot of stun immunes or debuff immunes in future, it will only be more useful.]

HAVOK:
    He has high energy resistance and is immune to incinerate.

HEAVY ATTACK CHARGING:
    Convert 2 Plasma Charge(s) to 1 Prowess, each increasing Special Attack Damage by 10% and lasting until Havok’s next Special Attack ends. Max 5 stacks.

HEAVY ATTACK:
    Places a Plasma Feedback Debuff on the Opponent for 10 seconds, causing 56 Energy Damage over its duration, for each Plasma Build Up on the Opponent.

SUGGESTED IDEA:
    [.You can start with the SP1, to build the plasma charges quicker.
    Once you get 10 charges, charge heavies until you have 5 prowess buffs[or passives I'm not sure].
    After the plasma build up starts to get along on the opponent, start parry-heavy if a non stun immune, but the motive is to apply feedback, to make some damage out from it before it detonates, and before we reach our SP3 too.
    Once we get to the SP3, shoot it at his face!![don't forget to have the 10 plasma charges though, it converts to passive prowess after the special, somehow useful!!
    ]

If its a short fight, you won't even to need to climb up till an SP3, they would be dead by then.
    In case of a little long fight, the above idea could be useful, and probably repeat the cycle again and again, though we mostly have better counters sometimes who could ramp up for long fights.

My suggestion would be Havok for you, this lad is surely a beast, though I always love Sunspot and Emma.

Cheers!!
    [Pardon the huge text]

Regards,
    Warprince.

SUNSPOT:
    IMPORTANT NOTE POINTS:
    1.Sunspot can regain Solar Charges by being inflicted with an Incinerate Debuff (+5 Solar Charges), or by purifying Incinerate Debuffs on his opponent. He can do this by charging his heavy attack and absorbing Incineration Debuffs off his opponent, or by performing a perfect block. If an incinerate fails to apply on the opponent, or the opponent purifies the incineration debuff, Sunspot gains 10% of a bar of power and 1 Solar Charge.

[ i consider this a little, yet a very vital piece of information when it comes to play sunspot]

2.One of Sunspot’s greatest strengths is that he requires no synergies to deliver big damage.

3.The SP2 is where the Big Yellow Numbers come into play. For each stack of Flare State, Sunspot will add a Prowess effect increasing the damage of the SP2 by 200%. The final hit uses 15 Solar Charges, so you’ll leave the opponent with a huge number of Incineration Debuffs if they manage to survive.[ using his SP1 is not an efficient idea, it consumes more of his solar charges, maybe usable in short fights, but not recommended.]

1.If you’re in a shorter fight, you can just rush straight to the SP2 for the kill-shot.

2.For medium length fights, you must try to chain in heavy attacks, or atleast the heavy charging during parry's. So for example you can 5-combo, parry, heavy, 5-combo SP1. Then alternate a 5-combo and parry/heavy until you’re at the SP2, and that should finish them off.

3.It’s appealing to throw multiple SP1 attacks, but remember you’re going to start to burn through Solar Charges very quickly, and if the SP2 doesn’t end the fight, you are likely going to be out of, or very low on Solar Charges.

If the opponent survives your SP2, immediately parry and charge your heavy to regain as many Solar Charges as possible.

if you are well to manage his charges, he's a top notch for those big yellow numbers for sure.

EMMA FROST:
    Start a fight by Parrying and Heavy Attacking a few times. Usually after a couple, you're near a full bar of Power while the opponent isn't. On the next Parry, you should start doing normal combos to push over a bar before the opponent, which'll put you in Telepath Form, aiding you to build up more Prowess as you build up to a SP2.

Follow up with combo when near SP2 to get up to 10 prowess then fire it. Damage is good and can be higher with synergies.

DIAMOND FORM:
    1.Emma Frost’s is immune to all Stun, Bleed, Poison, Incinerate, Shock, Frostbite, Coldsnap, Fatigue, Concussion, and

3.When Emma Frost changes into Diamond Form, she replaces all temporary Prowess Buffs with new indefinite Prowess Buffs that increase Special Attack Damage by +10%. Prowess Buffs are capped at 5 in Diamond Form.

+1636.36 Armor

TELEPATH FORM:
    When Emma Frost changes into Telepath Form, she replaces all indefinite Prowess Buffs with new Prowess Buffs that increase Special Attack Damage by +10% and last 7 seconds.

Emma Frost is able to read her opponent’s thoughts, allowing all Emma Frost’s attacks to ignore Evade.

[so, one way to extract huge damage from her is by staying in diamond form until you reach 5 prowess, just to secure them for the future damage. Reparry will only help her to increase her damage potential, so she's quite usable in AW and AQ, considering the fact that we are getting a mutant based AQ soon and that we have a lot of stun immunes or debuff immunes in future, it will only be more useful.]

HAVOK:

HEAVY ATTACK CHARGING:
    Convert 2 Plasma Charge(s) to 1 Prowess, each increasing Special Attack Damage by 10% and lasting until Havok’s next Special Attack ends. Max 5 stacks.

HEAVY ATTACK:
    Places a Plasma Feedback Debuff on the Opponent for 10 seconds, causing 56 Energy Damage over its duration, for each Plasma Build Up on the Opponent.

SUGGESTED IDEA:
    Once you get 10 charges, charge heavies until you have 5 prowess buffs[or passives I'm not sure].
    After the plasma build up starts to get along on the opponent, start parry-heavy if a non stun immune, but the motive is to apply feedback, to make some damage out from it before it detonates, and before we reach our SP3 too.
    Once we get to the SP3, shoot it at his face!![don't forget to have the 10 plasma charges though, it converts to passive prowess after the special, somehow useful!!
    ]

If its a short fight, you won't even to need to climb up till an SP3, they would be dead by then.
    In case of a little long fight, the above idea could be useful, and probably repeat the cycle again and again, though we mostly have better counters sometimes who could ramp up for long fights.

My suggestion would be Havok for you, this lad is surely a beast, though I always love Sunspot and Emma.

Cheers!!
    [Pardon the huge text]

Regards,
    Warprince.

Wow @The_beast123 . Love the Elaborate explanation and breakdown of each of the characters. :) much appreciated and huge love. Thank you so much and also I'm sorry for not mentioning whether they were Awakened or not. Apologies for the inconvenience. All three of them are not awakened.

Thanks & Regards
    KdRa
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Sunspot
    I have a 5* r4 havok that I don’t regret ranking up but I really didn’t use him much while getting cav. I don’t have a sunspot but I’m pretty sure I would use him more than havok.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Sunspot
    I’d rank up sunspot first but then havok afterwards.
    KdRa_II said:

SUNSPOT:
    IMPORTANT NOTE POINTS:

EMMA FROST:

DIAMOND FORM:

+1636.36 Armor

TELEPATH FORM:

HAVOK:

HEAVY ATTACK CHARGING:

HEAVY ATTACK:

SUGGESTED IDEA:
    ]

Cheers!!
    [Pardon the huge text]

Regards,
    Warprince.

Wow @The_beast123 . Love the Elaborate explanation and breakdown of each of the characters. :) much appreciated and huge love. Thank you so much and also I'm sorry for not mentioning whether they were Awakened or not. Apologies for the inconvenience. All three of them are not awakened.

Thanks & Regards
    KdRa
    Glad your happy bud. Hope you would had found your answer.
    And yeah, IMO, an awakened and high sig sunspot is always good!!

Cheers, let us know your rank up sooner.
    edited November 2020
    But, what made me more happy along with the fact that you have appreciated me was that you have read through the whole thing. <3

KdRa_II said:

SUNSPOT:
    IMPORTANT NOTE POINTS:

EMMA FROST:

DIAMOND FORM:

+1636.36 Armor

TELEPATH FORM:

HAVOK:

HEAVY ATTACK CHARGING:

HEAVY ATTACK:

SUGGESTED IDEA:
    ]

Cheers!!
    [Pardon the huge text]

Regards,
    Warprince.

Thanks & Regards
    KdRa
    Glad your happy bud. Hope you would had found your answer.
    And yeah, IMO, an awakened and high sig sunspot is always good!!

Cheers, let us know your rank up sooner.
    Sure bro.. :) as mentioned I did end up ranking up Sunspot. Took him to AW too and didn't disappoint. Thanks for helping in the decision making. :)
    Will3808 said:

I’d rank up sunspot first but then havok afterwards.

Thanks Bro :) thats exactly how I proceeded. Ranked up Sunspot first and now next is Havok. :) Thanks bud

But, what made me more happy along with the fact that you have appreciated me was that you have read through the whole thing. <3 </p>

Yes bud :) I believe the least we can do as a community is stick together and learn from each other. :) thanks for all the help.
    edited December 2020
    Hmm...... I find that your an aggressive player!!
    Congrats on the rank up!!
    Wishing you good luck to become elder's bane soon!!

Hmm...... I find that your an aggressive player!!
    Congrats on the rank up!!
    Wishing you good luck to become elder's bane soon!!

Thank You so much Bud :)