**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Cyber Weekend Sales Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• SecretWarri0rSecretWarri0r Posts: 230

They never made spades of Cats available. They made some available. Before the Thronebreaker Title even existed. People seem to leave out that fact.

No.... in the LAST MONTH there have been no less than 4 opportunities to buy t5cc selectors, so stop being a spokesman and misrepresenting the facts to prove your nonexistent point.
  • One question for those who did not spend, which is many, would you spend over the next few days, if the offers were beefed up, like more t5cc or t5b added to deals? Got to give some more info just in case....you never know lol. Not likely but who knows

Cash deals no because my cash won't get the max value. Unit deals possibly if theres a fair amount of T5CC
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

Haji_Saab said:

If it were to me, content should have the most rarest of resources locked behind it. Deals should allow you have to tools to reach that but not actually give it to you. For example, if you lock t5cc behind 6.4 exploration then the deals should only sell t5b, t2a, revives, boosts to help you unlock t5cc. That's what other games that I play did. Sell the tools but never the prize. But mcoc has always sold the prize which just cheapens the content and takes away the motivation to even complete the content.

I know of many whales who have no intention of 100% act 6. They would rather buy the deals because there is nothing unique in act 6 exploration rewards that money can't buy.

They've definitely monetized the highest tier resource more over the last couple of years than in the past. There weren't R5s in the game before 5.4 released but there were R3s before 6.4. Even as a spender it's not a direction I'm fond of honestly.
    T5cc have been monetized in an exclusive way that t5b weren’t. The recurring t5b offer was 100 units for 1%, usually 6750 frags for 1500 units with some gold and part of a t2a.

I don’t recall a t5cc unit deal besides July 4, and it certainly hasn’t been recurring.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Haji_Saab said:

If it were to me, content should have the most rarest of resources locked behind it. Deals should allow you have to tools to reach that but not actually give it to you. For example, if you lock t5cc behind 6.4 exploration then the deals should only sell t5b, t2a, revives, boosts to help you unlock t5cc. That's what other games that I play did. Sell the tools but never the prize. But mcoc has always sold the prize which just cheapens the content and takes away the motivation to even complete the content.

I know of many whales who have no intention of 100% act 6. They would rather buy the deals because there is nothing unique in act 6 exploration rewards that money can't buy.

They've definitely monetized the highest tier resource more over the last couple of years than in the past. There weren't R5s in the game before 5.4 released but there were R3s before 6.4. Even as a spender it's not a direction I'm fond of honestly.
    T5cc have been monetized in an exclusive way that t5b weren’t. The recurring t5b offer was 100 units for 1%, usually 6750 frags for 1500 units with some gold and part of a t2a.

I don’t recall a t5cc unit deal besides July 4, and it certainly hasn’t been recurring.
    I'd rather offers for the highest tier resource (t5cc currently or t5b in the past) be locked behind earning your first full one through content until its no longer the top resource. Can't buy t5cc until you've explored act 6 or completed abyss and so on. At least in that instance someone has to do the content before they can just hoover up rank ups through spending.
    edited November 2020

TyEdge said:

Haji_Saab said:

I'd rather offers for the highest tier resource (t5cc currently or t5b in the past) be locked behind earning your first full one through content until its no longer the top resource. Can't buy t5cc until you've explored act 6 or completed abyss and so on. At least in that instance someone has to do the content before they can just hoover up rank ups through spending.
    That’s a valid viewpoint, but clearly not what Kabam chose. They chose to sell, and to only sell for cash. I wouldn’t be as bothered by the constant $50 deals if the wall you’re discussing existed.

The quantities also need to be adjusted for the fact that they’re scattered across 6 classes. From a lens of securing your first rank 3, if you have 50 t5cc 2% crystals, you aren’t getting a full t5cc. You’re getting 30% or less of whatever you want (probably closer to 15%). I think a lot of the random 2’s should have probably been 5’s, and that cavalier should probably be 15% per month.

I’m over here watching the world’s slowest horse race, creeping towards 75% of a catalyst so I can go beat the grandmaster and get over the hump.
  • BiggusOmegaBiggusOmega Posts: 43
    If no Cav players spend come Christmas on Greater Gifting Crystal's their bank accounts will be hit as hard as our pride as being offered such awful deals.
  • 1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★
    I’m still bummed looking at the separate deals
    I’m pretty shocked they made such a crazy decision to screw over so many players
  • SnurrisSnurris Posts: 428 ★★★
    @GroundedWisdom i have been reading through this tread and I must say that you are right on a lot of points. But at the same time you are going at it in a totally wrong way. There is almost 1000 posts in here of which 99% are from very upset and disappointed cavalier players.
    In that case you can argue all you want on Kabams reasons but it will just be like banging your head against a wall. Totally disappointed people are not ready to listen and will just direct their anger at you and you become a troll which I really think you don’t want to be.
    You are probably totally right when you say that kabam did this to maintain stability of the game. Not letting players become TB to fast, to keep the diversity. But you are missing out on an important thing imo.

Kabam created these offers 100% out of their own perspective and didn’t stop to think for a second of what the player base wanted or anticipated due to previous offers in the past. Also they totally underestimated the impact of the new title, TB.
    Of course they can’t always deliver what the base wants, that would not work and the balance would surely, like you yourself claim, be broken.
    But if you want to be successful in making offers it’s all about psychology and strategy and knowing what the base wants.
    But this only matters if you use the knowledge to find necessary balance. How keep balance and still make the important player base at least a bit happy? It’s not that hard.
    I wonder if they realized that this in a flash would put the relationship between a lot of players and kabam back to where it was before the road map...
  • I've been playing mcoc for a long time and this is the first time writing a post in the forums. I'm so upset with their kabam marketing team for doing this to Cavalier players and feel like this is the time to leave the game. Hopefully they will remove the gate restriction between Cavalier and Thronebreaker because it will leave more gaps to other players because of having bad rng in the game. @Kabam Miike appreciate if you can do this and speak to your colleagues 🙏
  • Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 453 ★★★
    edited November 2020

DL864 said:

DL864 said:

How did I know this would come? Lol.

@GroundedWisdom genuinely interested to hear what you think but correct me if I'm wrong.. you're not cav yet?
    I am.
    The Deals are pretty bomb considering what you get for what you spend. Not sure why people are comparing them to July 4th. Two different ball games. What I think the real issue is, is that people expected them to get them to Thronebreaker, and that was an assumption.
    Has to be a troll post. I can't even think you're being serious.
    What Cavalier player who's at 6.3+ needs T4b from a unit deal? Please check the deals first. Read them clearly and then come back.
    Let's look at this logically. They come out with a new bar to hit which separates Players based on progress. You have the biggest sale of the year coming up where loads of people spend, and the most rare Resource in the game is needed. Do you think they're going to add it so that many people can hit it all at once? Is it even a bar anymore?
    I mean they are a business which wants to make money and set an expectation with 4th of July. So if they had stuck with the 4th deals people would be happy but having 4tcc in the deals is just ridiculous. I have so many of those Crystal's I dont need that ****. So thier business will not be getting my 200 today
    They didn't set any expectation with 4th of July. That's what always happens. People look at one Sale and call it a norm. Black Friday is not the 4th of July.
    There are a bunch of people I would say probably about 99% of cav players and even mods that would disagree with you. You would have to be blind not to see what they are doing
    No, I'm not blind. If people have expectations that every Sale has to best the last one, then that's entirely unreasonable. Not to mention undoable in any semblance of game balance.
    Logic doesn’t hold up in the gifting event buddy. Or any other place for that matter

• ch4rnch4rn Posts: 275 ★★
    As much as everyone knew the deals would be skewed between cavalier and thronebreaker, these deals were horrendous.
    It was almost unthinkable that the deals could and would be way off from what was offered during the July 4th bundles.

It's fair to say that both cav and TB got the short end of the stick when it came to the unit based deals.

I really do hope that Kabam send out a 10% selector for each odin purchased to cav players to try and fix this mess.
    Look at the sigil and the difference between uncollected and cavalier. Kabam has clearly put a wider gulf between Thronebreaker and cav players. Why can’t cav players get a feature crystal for 14,000 instead of 13,000 for cavaliers? Why can’t cavalier get ANY t5cc for 5000 units? If there were crumbs acknowledging the progress made on this journey, people wouldn’t be so insulted.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    ch4rn said:

As much as everyone knew the deals would be skewed between cavalier and thronebreaker, these deals were horrendous.
    It was almost unthinkable that the deals could and would be way off from what was offered during the July 4th bundles.

It's fair to say that both cav and TB got the short end of the stick when it came to the unit based deals.

I really do hope that Kabam send out a 10% selector for each odin purchased to cav players to try and fix this mess.

This would be a mistake. If they send out a selector to people who purchased the offer as is it will create a backlash from players who will claim they would have purchased the offer had it been there originally. In addition anyone who purchased these deals did so knowing full well what was offered in them. I wasn't impressed by the offers the same as almost everyone else posting to this thread. For that reason many here have taken to the forum to express their disappointment. What many here have also done is refrained from purchasing any of these offers. This will show kabam how dissatisfied we were with the offers put out for cyber weekend. This will hit their bottom line. While they will still make a good profit off those whaling out on the offers they will still lose out on money that would have been spent by the large percentage of players that feel these offers are out of touch with the community. By buying the offers as they stand you are saying to kabam that they are fine. This doesn't give them any reason to adjust existing or future offers since you are still spending. It also gives no reason to send anything to people who purchased them since they already received everything they purchased.
  • ch4rnch4rn Posts: 275 ★★
    Dshu said:

ch4rn said:

This would be a mistake. If they send out a selector to people who purchased the offer as is it will create a backlash from players who will claim they would have purchased the offer had it been there originally. In addition anyone who purchased these deals did so knowing full well what was offered in them. I wasn't impressed by the offers the same as almost everyone else posting to this thread. For that reason many here have taken to the forum to express their disappointment. What many here have also done is refrained from purchasing any of these offers. This will show kabam how dissatisfied we were with the offers put out for cyber weekend. This will hit their bottom line. While they will still make a good profit off those whaling out on the offers they will still lose out on money that would have been spent by the large percentage of players that feel these offers are out of touch with the community. By buying the offers as they stand you are saying to kabam that they are fine. This doesn't give them any reason to adjust existing or future offers since you are still spending. It also gives no reason to send anything to people who purchased them since they already received everything they purchased.
    While I understand where you're coming from, not all cavalier players are at the same progression with story mode or roster depth. So where the deals sucked for players close to becoming TB, they look good for newer cav players.

The fact that Kabam offer a 10% T5CC selector for £50 on a regular basis now, I'd like to think that some sort of selector would have been added. Even as TB, I found the deals slightly underwhelming as there was a shortage of T2A, but thats not the concern here for me as cav's got screwed hard.
    ch4rn said:

Dshu said:

ch4rn said:

While I understand where you're coming from, not all cavalier players are at the same progression with story mode or roster depth. So where the deals sucked for players close to becoming TB, they look good for newer cav players.

The fact that Kabam offer a 10% T5CC selector for £50 on a regular basis now, I'd like to think that some sort of selector would have been added. Even as TB, I found the deals slightly underwhelming as there was a shortage of T2A, but thats not the concern here for me as cav's got screwed hard.
    Agree all cavalier players are at different levels and to new ones the shards (which made up most of tge deals) probably do look enticing. To those who lack a small amount of t5cc a selector would have probably been all that was needed. Doesn't change the fact that if people bought the deals as they are now they excepted the items in there and don't deserve anything added. Im certain in the coming weeks kabam will offer selectors for cash offers again but without the bonus items people would have received this weekend. The argument that they are trying to keep balance with the new title is stupid in my opinion if you are going to keep selling the rankup resources needed to meet this requirement. If they truly wanted to make thronebreaker a progression based title it would be locked behind Content the same as other progression levels. Spending on these offers is a players personal choice but asking for more to be added after the fact is not a solution that will satisfy those unhappy with the current offers unless its done before the offers expire. There is also zero reason to give anything additional if they are already getting your money for the offers as they are now.
  • J_SenderoJ_Sendero Posts: 10
    Wait, so 1-30 in the gifting even gets a RANK 2-3 RANK UP GEM.

but cavalier got the garbage that were the cyber weekend deals this weekend? OK.

Cavalier deals get worse while thronebreaker is a massive deal and gifting event is unprecedented.
    Ebony_Naw said:

Dshu said:

ch4rn said:

Dshu said:

ch4rn said:

Agree all cavalier players are at different levels and to new ones the shards (which made up most of tge deals) probably do look enticing. To those who lack a small amount of t5cc a selector would have probably been all that was needed. Doesn't change the fact that if people bought the deals as they are now they excepted the items in there and don't deserve anything added. Im certain in the coming weeks kabam will offer selectors for cash offers again but without the bonus items people would have received this weekend. The argument that they are trying to keep balance with the new title is stupid in my opinion if you are going to keep selling the rankup resources needed to meet this requirement. If they truly wanted to make thronebreaker a progression based title it would be locked behind Content the same as other progression levels. Spending on these offers is a players personal choice but asking for more to be added after the fact is not a solution that will satisfy those unhappy with the current offers unless its done before the offers expire. There is also zero reason to give anything additional if they are already getting your money for the offers as they are now.
    If one were to complete Act 6 and Abyss, they would have access to the TB title. I really don't understand how people say it is not locked behind content.
    So there are no players in the game who have not completed abyss? The cash offers leading up to cyber weekend allowed people to reach the same rank 3 requirement. I would be happy to see these titles locked solely behind Content but there are people who have completed abyss and act 6 still waiting for the right champ to rank. The random rankup requirement is my issue with the title.
  • BadPullsMarcoBadPullsMarco Posts: 418 ★★★
    The difference in quality from those two offers when skill and roster requirements are the same is a legendary betrayal of trust. My account:

Minus one, all rank 2 plus like 45 other 6 stars.

After 40 to 5o Combinations of t5cc fragment crystal, they all rolled relatively evenly, so this is as much as I have:

Notice that's basically 1 thronbreaker Odin (which is would have bought 3 off)

Why am I being so punishes for RNG and no other factor?
This discussion has been closed.